Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Depending upon the Holy Spirit for all you do?

Read through the following study by Tenchi for more on this topic

https://christianforums.net/threads/without-the-holy-spirit-we-can-do-nothing.109419/

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

https://christianforums.net/forums/questions-and-answers/

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

The woman of Rev 12 and USA in prophecy.

B

brakelite2

God Himself tells us throughout the scriptures what symbol for the church He chooses to use. It is a woman. In the OT His church was the people of promise, the true descendants of Abraham, those who lived by faith, not necessarily those born by blood. That is God's true people. The same with the newT. Those who are of the same faith of Abraham, those who are spiritual Jews and circumcised in the heart.
Jer 6:2 I have likened the daughter of Zion to a comely and delicate woman.

Isaiah 51:16 And I have put my words in thy mouth, and I have covered thee in the shadow of mine hand, that I may plant the heavens, and lay the foundations of the earth, and say unto
Zion, Thou art my people.

See also 2 Cor 1:2 Eph 5:22,23 Rev 19:7,8

A virgin or chaste and pure woman is God's true church, whether OT or New. A prostitute or harlot and unfaithful woman is an apostate or backslidden church.

Now on that basis, let us look at Revel 12.
1 ¶ And there appeared a great wonder in heaven; a woman clothed with the sun, ...

Here is depicted God's church, His people, clothed with His own righteousness. Psalm 84:11; Malachi 4:2)

and the moon under her feet...

They are a people who stand on the reflected light of God's truth as given in His word. (Psalm 119:105) and the sacrificial system of the OT that reflected light upon the Messiah to come. (Hebrews 10:1)

and upon her head a crown of twelve stars:

The stars depict the twelve tribal patriarchs and the 12 apostles. Gen 37:11)

2 And she being with child cried, travailing in birth, and pained to be delivered.

All the true people of God throughout the OT longed for their Deliverer, their Messiah. They cried out for their Savior, and every woman of Israel held the hope of being the one to be so privileged to give birth to Him.
3 And there appeared another wonder in heaven; and behold a great red dragon, having seven heads and ten horns, and seven crowns upon his heads.
4 And his tail drew the third part of the stars of heaven, and did cast them to the earth: and the dragon stood before the woman which was ready to be delivered, for to devour her child as soon as it was born.

This dragon is undoubtedly Satan. But it is also reminiscent of the 4th beast of Daniel 7, and the first beast of Rev 13. In the 1st instance pagan Rome, and in the second, papal Rome. In this context of standing before the child at birth is depicted pagan Rome who ruled Palestine at the time of the coming of Jesus. Herod was their appointed king at that time and it was he as their representative who sought the child's life, as Satan's agent.

5 And she brought forth a man child, who was to rule all nations with a rod of iron: and her child was caught up unto God, and to his throne.

The child was Jesus, the Messaih. He will one day rule all nations with a rod of iron. (Rev 2:27 19:13-16 Psalm 2:7-9) After competing His mission on earth He was caught up to heaven on a cloud and is seated upon His throne before the Father.

6 And the woman fled into the wilderness, where she hath a place prepared of God, that they should feed her there a thousand two hundred and threescore days.

The church of God was first persecuted by the Jews, then pagan Rome, then throughout Europe by Papal Rome. This time period of 1260 days is prophetic. It cannot then be taken literally, but must be interpreted according to the precedents set down for such a task as in Numbers 14:34 After the number of the days in which ye searched the land, even forty days, each day for a year, shall ye bear your iniquities, even forty years, and ye shall know my breach of promise. and in Ezek 4:6 And when thou hast accomplished them, lie again on thy right side, and thou shalt bear the iniquity of the house of Judah forty days: I have appointed thee each day for a year.

This day/year principle has been used by bible expositors and students for many centuries and can be seen clearly in the 70 weeks of Daniel 9:24 where they understood as days (490) then years. It was 490 years to the day from the commandment of Artexerxes to the birth of Jesus. (This prophecy is so clear and accurate, it is very rarely spoken of in Jewish circles today. So why not keep to the principle and apply it here? It firs. As do the other time periods shown elsewhere that cover the same period. Daniel 7:25; 12:7; Rev 11:2,3; 12:6,14; 13:5. Times time and half a time and 42 months all depict 1260 years. It covers the time of the papal persecutions of the church throughout the dark ages. From 538 when the last of the 3 horns were rooted up by the little horn (papacy) and to 1798 when Napolean's general Berthier entered Rome and captured the pope ending the papacy's secular rule in Rome and thus inflicted the mortal head wound .

The wilderness refers to those places where God's people hid during the dark ages of papal rule and persecution throughout Europe. The Waldenses and Albigenses are examples of God's church which were nourished and kept alive during this time. The woman took the sunlight, the moon and the stars with her. She did not leave them behind for the Roman church to possess them.

15 And the serpent cast out of his mouth water as a flood after the woman, that he might cause her to be carried away of the flood.
16 And the earth helped the woman, and the earth opened her mouth, and swallowed up the flood which the dragon cast out of his mouth.

The flood from the mouth of the serpent was the lies and false doctrines that came from his "mouthpiece" the Roman church. However, the woman found refuge in the earth. This piece of history is not recognised by many in these forums, but God has indeed placed America in prophecy and this is the first instant. In Rev 13 the second beast is seen as coming up out of the earth. The first beast, in contrast, came up out of the sea. In Rev 17:15 we are told that sea represents peoples, nations tongues and tribes. Thus the first beast, the papacy, came up in a populated area. The centre of civilisation was then Rome and her empire stretched over Europe. This was where the papacy arose and eventually ruled over. The second beast, the USA, came up in a relatively unpopulated or sparcely populated area, the earth.
The puritans and pilgrim fathers found refuge in America from the persecutions and constrictions of papal Europe and protestantism gained in America a place to flourish and grow. This was ordained of God and prophesied of by the Holy Spirit through John. The earth thus helped the woman escape the flood of false doctrine that the church by the inspiration of Satan spewed from it's mouth. (Note throughout the scriptures concerning the antichrist the blasphemies, and the proud boasts and the great things that came from the mouth of the little horn, and the beast of Rev 13). In 1798 as the papacy was being brought down, the USA was coming up. This fits perfectly with the chronological order of the fall and rise of the two beasts in Rev 13.

17 And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.

The dragon is not done yet however. Just as the mortal wound is healed on the head of the beast so also is the papacy rising again to power. Not so openly this time, but in the secret recesses of the American government Jesuits and papal sympathisers are rising to power. Here is a website that shows how cleverly and insidiously is Rome taking over America. Be warned, Rome has no less intention to destroy protestantism today than she did 500 years ago. Spirituallysmart.com.

To not recognise America in prophecy and the RCC as the antichrist, is to place yourself in danger of being on the side of antichrist in the final conflict.

To not recognise America in prophecy and the RCC as the antichrist, is to place yourself in danger of being on the side of antichrist in the final conflict.
No offense, but I say it's unfair to say that. Those with a solid, firm faith in Jesus as their Messiah need not be concerned about this. I believe in a Sovereign God who is ultimately in control. We need to be more involved in the Great Commission and less concerned about a supposed Great Tribulation.

No offense, but I say it's unfair to say that. Those with a solid, firm faith in Jesus as their Messiah need not be concerned about this. I believe in a Sovereign God who is ultimately in control. We need to be more involved in the Great Commission and less concerned about a supposed Great Tribulation.

I second this 100%. :)

Throughout the Word of God, It is only the Church that is described in a female Gender. In the NT, it is the "bride of Christ", in the OT it is the "daughter of Zion." There is a reason that we see a portriat of TWO women in the end time. We first witness those that are protected by the Lord. The second, is the "great whore". This "great whore" is not some form of pagan belief, but one that is considered "christian". the problem is, how did they end up with this label. One is not considered a "Whore" unless one "steps out" on your bridegroom. They were not faithfull to their vows. Is this Woman the nation of Israel? I believe not. For we read....
Rev. 12:17 And the dragon was wrotht with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, WHICH KEEP THE COMMANDMENTS OF GOD, AND HAVE THE TESTIMONY OF JESUS CHRIST
  • It is quite apparent that the woman are believers in this time. I believe that this encompasses both, Jew and gentile believers, for I don't see anywhere in God's word, He makes a distinction that he is ONLY dealing with one, or the other.

vic C. said:
Please note that I said in danger of. It is not a forgone conclusion. However, I do have a question. How will anyone recognise the mark of the beast and thus be able to refuse it, when they don't know who even the beast is, let alone it's mark?

The actual Beast, is a World system of Government, everyone who want’s to trade will have to comply with. The person who we call the Anti Christ!, will eventually head this up.

The true false Messiah, is the false prophet that Revelation speaks of. Who is also the inciter of the Mark, and worship of the Son of Perdition, as Paul speaks of. He will worship this person as God, and pay homage to him, as per Daniel.

Da:11:38: But in his estate shall he honour the God of forces: and a god whom his fathers knew not shall he honour with gold, and silver, and with precious stones, and pleasant things.
Da:11:39: Thus shall he do in the most strong holds with a strange god, whom he shall acknowledge and increase with glory: and he shall cause them to rule over many, and shall divide the land for gain.

This person will be Jewish.

This final World system, will be a form of economic government. If we are not seeing that falling in place today?, then I am wrong. This will be a system many, even some Christians will fall for. Because it will mean the end of your toys, if you don’t participate. And unfortunately today many esteem their toys above God, I am afraid. After all it will only be about money, and a better system of trade, something like an international Bank Card. You will no longer need cash, just this card, with your Personal Number?. :)

brakelite2 said:
The child was Jesus, the Messaih. He will one day rule all nations with a rod of iron. (Rev 2:27 19:13-16 Psalm 2:7-9) After competing His mission on earth He was caught up to heaven on a cloud and is seated upon His throne before the Father.

Who are these, who also rule with a rod of iron?

Rev 2:25 Nevertheless that which ye have, hold fast till I come.
Rev 2:26 And he that overcometh, and he that keepeth my works unto the end, to him will I give authority over the nations:
Rev 2:27 and he shall rule them with a rod of iron,
as the vessels of the potter are broken to shivers; as I also have received of my Father:
Rev 2:28 and I will give him the morning star.
Rev 2:29 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith to the churches.

Why does that scripture relate to this one as well?

Psa 2:8 Ask of me, and I will give thee the nations for thine inheritance, And the uttermost parts of the earth for thy possession.
Psa 2:9 Thou shalt break them with a rod of iron; Thou shalt dash them in pieces like a potter's vessel.

How can the man child be Jesus, if Jesus told John in Revelation 1:19 that He was going to show John things which shall come to pass hereafter. Surely Jesus was not born after this revelation was given to John?

Rev 1:19 Write therefore the things which thou sawest, and the things which are, and the things which shall come to pass hereafter;

Revelation 12 surely is "hereafter" in relation to Revelation 1 ?

LOL OK :another question.

Why is Jesus calling the disciples (meaning ALL disciples including us) a woman in travail that will bring forth a man child in John 16?

Joh 16:19 Jesus perceived that they were desirous to ask him, and he said unto them, Do ye inquire among yourselves concerning this, that I said, A little while, and ye behold me not, and again a little while, and ye shall see me?
Joh 16:20 Verily, verily, I say unto you, that ye shall weep and lament, but the world shall rejoice: ye shall be sorrowful, but your sorrow shall be turned into joy.
Joh 16:21 A woman when she is in travail hath sorrow, because her hour is come: but when she is delivered of the child, she remembereth no more the anguish, for the joy that a man is born into the world.
Joh 16:22 And ye therefore now have sorrow: but I will see you again, and your heart shall rejoice, and your joy no one taketh away from you.

So Jesus is saying : You the church, are like a woman in travail . You will have sorrow while you are in travail.But your sorrow will turn to joy when you give birth to a man child......then you will see me again.

This can only be ,if this means that Christ will manifest in His body. Christ in you , the hope of glory.

2Co 3:18 But we all, with unveiled face beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are transformed into the same image from glory to glory, even as from the Lord the Spirit.
1Jn 3:2 Beloved, now are we children of God, and it is not yet made manifest what we shall be. We know that, if he shall be manifested, we shall be like him; for we shall see him even as he is.

Cornelius said:
How can the man child be Jesus, if Jesus told John in Revelation 1:19 that He was going to show John things which shall come to pass hereafter. Surely Jesus was not born after this revelation was given to John?

Rev 1:19 Write therefore the things which thou sawest, and the things which are, and the things which shall come to pass hereafter;

Revelation does not only talk about the future it also include the past, like the fall of satan. You missed "the things which are" this doesn't mean the future.
Revelation 1:19
Write the things which thou hast seen, and the things which are, and the things which shall be hereafter.

codenamehsk said:
Cornelius said:

Revelation does not only talk about the future it also include the past, like the fall of satan. You missed "the things which are" this doesn't mean the future.
Revelation 1:19
Write the things which thou hast seen, and the things which are, and the things which shall be hereafter.

Revelation is future (well, in fact we are entering it now) The birth of the man child is about to happen soon. It is simply Christ in you and I, that will mature. But not in ALL the church, only in those who believe. That is why they are the FIRST fruit (meaning, more will follow )

The church (woman) is about to bring forth the First Fruits (a smaller group, therefor a "child") but a mature group (therefor "man")

Its an IF, because this will not happen to all.

1Jn 2:28 And now, my little children, abide in him; that, if he shall be manifested, we may have boldness, and not be ashamed before him at his coming.

If He shall be manifested:not "when He shall appear" (wrong translation, the Numeric pattern shows it is "if He shall be manifested" )

Jesus is first coming IN us, before He is coming FOR us.

God has not failed in His salvation and restoration plan. The fact that the church of today has neglected to teach the flock the truth of His coming, will not change the fact.

1Jn 2:28 And now, my little children, abide in him; that, if he shall be manifested, we may have boldness, and not be ashamed before him at his coming.

Manifested is phaneroÃ…Â
fan-er-o'-o
; to render apparent (literally or figuratively): - appear, manifestly declare, (make) manifest (forth), shew (self).

Jesus is first going to phaneroo before He is going to parousia

parousia
Par·ou·sia
Pronunciation: \ˌpär-ü-ˈsē-ə, pə-ˈrü-zē-ə\
Function: noun
Etymology: Greek, literally, presence, from paront-, parÃ…Ân, present participle of pareinai to be present, from para- + einai to be  more at is
Date: 1844

Mat 24:27 For as the lightning cometh forth from the east, and is seen even unto the west; so shall be the coming (Parousia, literal coming ) of the Son of man.

Anybody can study this for themselves, just do a word search and Google it all. There are more words in the Greek that describes the "coming" and "manifestation" of our Lord. The thing is that it has been translated in many cases as the same thing and it is not.

C

Cornelius wrote:
Revelation is future (well, in fact we are entering it now) The birth of the man child is about to happen soon.
Revelation 12:7-9
And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels, And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven. And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.
If all events in Revelation are in the future then satan has not been cast out of heaven yet. Certainly you can't say that. Its obvious that John here was looking into the past.

codenamehsk said:
Cornelius wrote:
Revelation is future (well, in fact we are entering it now) The birth of the man child is about to happen soon.
[quote:2awmmysk]Revelation 12:7-9
And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels, And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven. And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.
If all events in Revelation are in the future then satan has not been cast out of heaven yet. Certainly you can't say that. Its obvious that John here was looking into the past.[/quote:2awmmysk]

Yes I can say that :) Because Jesus was talking by faith. Romans tells us that God sees the end from the beginning. And He calls things which are NOT as if the WERE. Meaning God speaks of future events in the past tense, because HE is the master of faith and that is how faith works.

Scripture proof:

Romans 4:17
(As it is written, I have made thee a father of many nations,) before him whom he believed, even God, who quickened the dead, and calleth those things which be not though as they were.

Isaiah 46:10
Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure.

Satan is not yet casted out by manifestation, but will be soon.Because God declared his end from the beginning.

Back