Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Depending upon the Holy Spirit for all you do?

Read through the following study by Tenchi for more on this topic

https://christianforums.net/threads/without-the-holy-spirit-we-can-do-nothing.109419/

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

https://christianforums.net/forums/questions-and-answers/

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Bible Study The year I studied the Bible

humble soul

On Sabbatical from Rome
My Catholic parish decided to purchase Jeff Cavins Bible Adventure Series. To educate us Biblically illiterate Catholics. Though several in the class were ex Protestants and naturally top of the class.
I did the following courses in the following order;
Revelations
Exodus
The Prophets
Bible Timeline

Revelations. I couldn't have started on a worse book perhaps. I didn't have a clue. It almost turned me off. The ex Protestants were nodding to each other in ecstasy. The cross references all made sense to them. The 4 beasts? 4 empires? I dunno..
Any rate I persevered and did Exodus next. This was an awesome course for my level. I really got a sense of the sacredness and symbolism in every chapter. The guy presenting the course was very good too.
The prophets
Big topic.. huge reading expected. I got a lot out of it though. Isaiah's suffering servant was very powerful and very useful. A small prophet like Hosea was so well written. Loved that one. I need to re study prophets though as I am very sketchy. Jeremiah really captured my imagination.

Bible Timeline
this one I should have started on. Like a summary of the Bible, especially Salvation History. Some great insights on Genesis and Numbers and Acts for example, though I have forgotten much already. This is why you guys continually study . now I see that.

One thing I will say though I might be wrong. I think we approached the Bible like a forest with many trees. But trees became more important than the forest? In other words, we lost sight of the big picture? Look that might be a stupid assessment. Because I did learn a lot and discovered how much Bible scholars know which is huge. It was useful. very useful.
I only wish I studied Job. That might be my fave book. Poor Job.

I like Bible Study. When I was a Quaker I studied the Bible for ten years as part of a group called, "The School of Prophets." At the end of the first year we were asked to take what we had learned and give a sermon on Sunday. It was fun. We would start with a potluck and then study scripture. I am going to find a new Bible Study so I can learn something new on the order of the Holy Spirit. She is always encouraging me to improve myself.

The basics we need to learn are written in Colossians 3:1-17 and if we follow these guidelines then we will remain in the will of God. The best place to start for learning and understanding Gods salvation is reading the book of John to learn who Jesus was and is in our own lives and to know anyone can come unto Gods salvation no matter who you are or what you have done God loves us all unconditionally.

We now have an intercessor (Jesus) who sits at the right hand of the Father and hears our confession that we are sinners and need his salvation as we believe in our heart that he was truly sent from God as the living word that we can indeed become righteous again not of our own righteousness, but that righteousness that is of God whom through his Spirit is promised to dwell in us. All we have to do is believe and confess that we are sinners and allow Gods righteousness to cleanse us and renew our spirit man, John 3:5-7; Romans 10:9, 10. Jesus wants us to come as we are and allow him to make the changes that need made in our hearts. People want to clean the fish before they catch them, but Jesus says come as you are I will clean you from the inside out.

The Gospel of John is a favorite among Quakers. It talks more about the metaphysical aspects of Jesus like when he asked Mary not to touch him yet. My favorite part of John is when he tells Peter to feed his sheep three times. And then rebukes Peter for wanting to know why John was getting to go to the gym. It just sounds so authentic.

I like the Book of John. It's like poetry. Written by a poet.
It's different from the other evangelical books. I personally like Matthew. Maybe because the first I read, and also Jesus speaks alot in it :)

The basics we need to learn are written in Colossians 3:1-17 and if we follow these guidelines then we will remain in the will of God. The best place to start for learning and understanding Gods salvation is reading the book of John to learn who Jesus was and is in our own lives and to know anyone can come unto Gods salvation no matter who you are or what you have done God loves us all unconditionally.

We now have an intercessor (Jesus) who sits at the right hand of the Father and hears our confession that we are sinners and need his salvation as we believe in our heart that he was truly sent from God as the living word that we can indeed become righteous again not of our own righteousness, but that righteousness that is of God whom through his Spirit is promised to dwell in us. All we have to do is believe and confess that we are sinners and allow Gods righteousness to cleanse us and renew our spirit man, John 3:5-7; Romans 10:9, 10. Jesus wants us to come as we are and allow him to make the changes that need made in our hearts. People want to clean the fish before they catch them, but Jesus says come as you are I will clean you from the inside out.
Great tip to read Collosians!

Back