Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

There's this song that's been speaking to me

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

faeriecat

I've recently join our regular choir at church and they tend to stick to the more traditional tunes for first service. Second service has a praise band, but I'm not digging that as much for some reason. Which is funny, as I really like to rock out to the Skillet, Red, Disciple and the like.

Anyway, one of the songs we're rehearsing is what I presume is an old hymn called "I will be Christ to you" ...

"I will be Christ to you ... I will be Christ to you ... I'll be his hands ... to do what I can ... because he has loved me too ... I will be Christ to you ..."

I am just loving this song. More lyrics:

"Its not my might or my power ... its not the strength of what I am ... But through God's love and his mercy ... and through the blood of the lamb ..."

Anyway, this song speaks directly to why we do things like our Food Pantry and our "repair and relief ministry" ... yes, we're providing practical to our neighbors in need ... but we're also being His hands, doing what we can, to show them Christ ..

I'm babbling :oops But I really wanted to share that.

I've recently join our regular choir at church and they tend to stick to the more traditional tunes for first service. Second service has a praise band, but I'm not digging that as much for some reason. Which is funny, as I really like to rock out to the Skillet, Red, Disciple and the like.

Anyway, one of the songs we're rehearsing is what I presume is an old hymn called "I will be Christ to you" ...

"I will be Christ to you ... I will be Christ to you ... I'll be his hands ... to do what I can ... because he has loved me too ... I will be Christ to you ..."

I am just loving this song. More lyrics:

"Its not my might or my power ... its not the strength of what I am ... But through God's love and his mercy ... and through the blood of the lamb ..."

Anyway, this song speaks directly to why we do things like our Food Pantry and our "repair and relief ministry" ... yes, we're providing practical to our neighbors in need ... but we're also being His hands, doing what we can, to show them Christ ..

I'm babbling :oops But I really wanted to share that.

faeriecat:

Sounds like you are a Christian hard rock lady. :)

Blessings.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back