Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

[_ Old Earth _] They Waste nothing

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
S

Spirit Driven

Remember how Jesus instructed the disciples to gather together the remaining bread and fish after feeding that large crowd.... I think it is interesting how our creator and his son do not throw away or waste anything.

What I think was the most revealing for me about God though is how physical Science has already prooven, that all matter, no matter what it is, cannot be destroyed, it can only be converted into another form.....I think it is interesting how Gods will prevails right accross his creation even unto its physical laws that he created.

Peace to you

Umm...matter can be created and destroyed, that's how nuclear power plants and nuclear weapons work.

Unless of course you count energy as a special form of matter...but that'd be highly misleading. It's rather matter that is a special form of energy.

Hi!

Your looking on the surface look deeper....
During a nuclear detonation for example in a desert, is the sand destroyed ? no its turned into glassby products.

Ummm Urainium is changed into plutonium after nuclear fission, water is converted into steam when boiled over a fire.

I think it is absolutly amazing, and somthing so easily over looked, you can reshape, re arrange, convert into another form,break down into other forms, but you cannot actualy make matter cease to exist..... incredible.

Peace to you

Ummm Urainium is changed into plutonium after nuclear fission, water is converted into steam when boiled over a fire.
You are mistaken there.

The conversion of some uranium into plutonium is just a side effect of the beta radiation of nearby nuclear fission.
One possible fission of Uranium itself is Uranium 235 => Barium 141 + Krypton 90.

Plutonium 239 is formed by Uranium 238 that is present catching a neutron. That however is not the source of the energy of the process. The energy is released by some matter being converted to energy, i.e. by matter being destroyed. This is reflected in Einstein's equation E=MC², it shows how much energy is released when a specific amount of matter is destroyed.

The same is what nuclear fusion gets its energy from.
E.g. the sun destroys four million tons of matter every second by converting it into energy.

Spirit Driven can get his point across by noting that mass and energy is conserved. However, the bread and fish example is a poor example because sonservation of mass and energy is not about waste. For example, nuclear waste itself is a working example of the conservation of mass and energy.

The statement that "mass and energy" are conserved however may induce exactly the misunderstanding that he is subject to - that both are conserved independently from each other, when in reality just the sum of both is constant.

Actually the conservation of mass/energy is an illusion. The average energy is conserved, over a short enough timespan large particles can spontaneously appear and annihilate.(e-/e+ pairs usually) Go go Heisenberg.

Spirit Driven said:
prooven, accross
There is a keyboard adjustment in the control panel so you can slow down your keyboard and you will not get those double letters like that.

Spirit Driven said:
prooven, accross
There is a keyboard adjustment in the control panel so you can slow down your keyboard and you will not get those double letters like that.

Spirit Driven said:
Remember how Jesus instructed the disciples to gather together the remaining bread and fish after feeding that large crowd.... I think it is interesting how our creator and his son do not throw away or waste anything.

Except for the people he will throw into hell.

jwu said:
Umm...matter can be created and destroyed, that's how nuclear power plants and nuclear weapons work.

Unless of course you count energy as a special form of matter...but that'd be highly misleading. It's rather matter that is a special form of energy.

By destroyed, do you mean the splitting of atoms? I always thought that the matter just was changed into something else, but it's probably just a matter of perspective, like, how we percieve the process of splitting atoms. Yeah?

By destroyed, do you mean the splitting of atoms? I always thought that the matter just was changed into something else, but it's probably just a matter of perspective, like, how we percieve the process of splitting atoms. Yeah?
The sum of the masses of the split products is slightly less than the mass of the atom which was split. This missing mass was converted to energy.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back