Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Third Party Candidate

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Josef

Hey All,
Does anyone else feel like there is a third candidate just biding their time, waiting for Trump and Biden to be confirmed as their party's candidate?
There has got be a better choice thn either of these two choices.
Do you think Hillary is out there lurking?
I believe she could win against either of them.
If not her, who else might it be?
Who would you choose as a better candidate?

Keep walking everybody.
May God bless,
Taz

HIllary?. I have no idea how anyone could trust anyone whos undsr investigation and deletes 30k emais and smashes devices with a hammer.

Whats that saying, oh yea, if you have nothing to hide then you have nothing to fear.

Seems so trustworthy.

Hillary landed in Bengazi under sniper fire. She must know the stress and vigilence of people eho habe been or are in conflict.

Is that the biggest joke and piss take. I mean seriously, thats nothing to joke or lie about. There are real fighters and veterans who acturally have to deal with that.

If someone claim they under sniper fire in a war zone rlthen that is nothing to lie or joke about, thats serious, otherwise thats stolen valor in my opinion.

Nah, the issue is that it's too late to get enough traction to get on the ballot in some states. Third parties have a huge uphill battle since the infrastructure to promote a candidate is not strong enough compared to the GOP or the Dems

Nah, the issue is that it's too late to get enough traction to get on the ballot in some states. Third parties have a huge uphill battle since the infrastructure to promote a candidate is not strong enough compared to the GOP or the Dems
Exactly. Candidates have to be on a state's ballot, and that takes time and money to do.

Hey All,
Does anyone else feel like there is a third candidate just biding their time, waiting for Trump and Biden to be confirmed as their party's candidate?
There has got be a better choice thn either of these two choices.
Do you think Hillary is out there lurking?
I believe she could win against either of them.
If not her, who else might it be?
Who would you choose as a better candidate?

Keep walking everybody.
May God bless,
Taz
There already are a handful of non-D and non-R Presidential candidates.

If you believe the COVID vaccines are a plot, are dangerous, etc., then RFK Jr. is the candidate for you for example. After all, both President Biden and Donald are pro-vaccine.

People vote party lines.

If Satan promised to the left of right to get votes those sides would vote for him .

That's why candidates try so hard to win the support of one of the two parties.
Yep. I think the only two meaningful third party candidates in my political lifetime have been Ross Perot and Ralph Nader, with Perot likely helping Clinton win and Nader likely helping W. Bush win.

IOW, the best third party candidates can hope for is to serve as spoilers.

Yep. I think the only two meaningful third party candidates in my political lifetime have been Ross Perot and Ralph Nader, with Perot likely helping Clinton win and Nader likely helping W. Bush win.

IOW, the best third party candidates can hope for is to serve as spoilers.
The thing that people forget is that the two major parties remain major because we the people keep them that way. Too many of us vote by party rather than learning what the candidates' positions are and choosing the one that best fits our needs or desires. We're too lazy to do the research. We figure that if such and such party supports a particular candidate, that's who we will vote for, never mind how that candidate stands on the issues of the day.

Hey All,
The Dems and the Reps each have a solid 30% core that they can count on. That leaves another 30-40 % that is either undecided or independent. If those two forces rally, they become the potential upset third party. If someone comes along with a Ronald Reagan "4 More Years" type speech, I think people would gravitate to that.
What if someone were to come along and say:

"Ladies and gentlemen, if the last four years have been good for you, if your wages increased faster than the rising price of living, and you enjoy having a $35 trillion national debt that is still rising, and that won't be paid off in your great grandchildren's lifetime, then you want to vote to keep things as they are. I am not the candidate for you.

The Republican candidate had four years to do something about it. The inflationary period we are currently in is his fault. Instead of working on a long term solution to the national debt, and the economy in general, he was building a wall reminiscent of cold war East Germany. A man power hungry enough to allow anarchy instead of the peaceful transition of power that has been our country's hallmark in the world. If you want to go backwards to that again, I am not the candidate for you.

But if you don't like the way our country has become so divided over the last eight years, if you are tired of the federal government spending your great grandchildren's money, if you are tired of being told life is peaches and cream when you can no longer afford peaches or cream, if you think we can do better, I believe we can. I believe we can do it together."

Then the candidate would lay out steps to begin to fix the debt and the deficit, fix the economy, and work on the other issues.

How many of you would at least consider a person who delivered this type of speech?

I believe it is more than you think.

Keep walking everybody.
May God bless,
Taz

Hi taz
"Ladies and gentlemen, if the last four years have been good for you, if your wages increased faster than the rising price of living, and you enjoy having a $35 trillion national debt that is still rising, and that won't be paid off in your great grandchildren's lifetime, then you want to vote to keep things as they are. I am not the candidate for you.

Well, even though you didn't ask, my situation is better off today than it was 4 years ago. And of course, 8 billion of that debt was added on during the 4 years of the Grump administration. So he didn't do us any favors in that regard either. But honestly, I'm not the kind to be worried over the national debt. All prosperous nations have debt. Heck, even N. Korea has debt and they're people struggle with living their lives every day. Would I personally like to see the debt brought down? Sure. But is isn't a big deal breaker of any kind at this point. Japan actually has the worst debt situation and they're still there. And as a people, they seem to be doing pretty well with it.

Oh, and I don't have any wages. I'm fully retired and haven't worked for a paycheck for the last 15 years. But I am invested in the markets and they've kept me well ahead of inflation. In the last year I've gotten pretty substantial increase in my portfolio. In fact, because of Covid, my investments did much more poorly during the Grump administration. So yes, I'm better off financially today than I was four years ago. So I'll likely vote for the guy that's done better for me financially.

God bless,
Ted

Hi again taz

Then the candidate would lay out steps to begin to fix the debt and the deficit, fix the economy, and work on the other issues.

How many of you would at least consider a person who delivered this type of speech?
Sure, I'd consider such a person. In fact we've actually had such a person. Grump said he would balance the budget his first year and eliminate the national debt in 8 years. How's that working out for you having listened to his speech? I, of course, knew that he had no idea what he was talking about. Just as he had no idea what he was talking about when he proclaimed that he'd get us a better and cheaper health plan. Didn't happen, did it?

Words are cheap, my friend.

God bless,
Ted

Hi again Josef

You see, Grump is stupid silly. I know what it would take to pay off the national debt in 8 years. Every man woman and child would have to pony up about $100,000. That's not going to happen without a whole lot of pain and there is not a reasonable person who would be president who would want to be overseeing that administration. But hey, Grump told people what they wanted to hear and he squeaked by his first election. When the second election came around, by then everyone knew he couldn't do much of anything that he had used as his campaign platform.

When it was all over he had not balanced a single budget. He had not only not paid down any of the national debt, but actually piled another $8 Billion on top of it. That's what we'll get with every administration that he operates. Lots of lies. I won't be voting for him and never have. I know the kind of man that Grump is. He's not my idea of a nation leader or builder.

God bless
Ted

No one will vote for

An honest candidate who will say Medicare nor social security can be sustained without cuts and tax increases and on ss age increase . political suicide .

To keep your ss we must tax you more ?!

I know a few retirees that I work with that will reduce their hours to avoid paying the IRS from ss .

Why work just to give it to the IRS and these do it for a savings to pay on cash .

I know it's ugly but you can't tax your way into paying the debt and sustain the spending without cuts

Hi jasonc
I know it's ugly but you can't tax your way into paying the debt and sustain the spending without cuts
Yes, if we ever take it upon ourselves to pay off, or even pay down any major part of the debt, it will take both. Higher taxes and less spending. That will, of course have a fairly major impact on the individual citizen's standard of living. So yea, doing it will be hard on whatever administration is in charge at that point. But the point is that Grump knows nothing about how all of this works. He's fairly ignorant of governmental operations, but likes to crow about himself by talking like he knows it al. Sadly, some believe him.

But as the Scriptures say, man is going to become more and more hateful. Less and less caring about one another. Greedy, self-centered folk will be the norm as we march into those final days. Grump is leading that charge. So, in that respect, it's possible that God did put the Grump where he wound up. But I believe that there are still enough people that care about others that this isn't the peak of that change that's coming. It's just the beginning of the birth pains. It will get worse.

God bless,
Ted

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back