Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

This is a little sad

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
It is in theory, but I, for one, don't believe anything I read in the news anymore. A close friend of our family, someone we've known for many, many years, has been slandered by their hometown paper. We know the truth, but because of the way reports were written and skewed, the general public does not. Two other recent situations, one with a distant family member, and one with a close friend of a friend, have also proven to me that journalists can say whatever they want...THIS is sad. Truth in reporting is...well, often a fairytale. Still, if the Winans need prayer and good counsel, well, they can join a big club - who of us doesn't?!

Ivy said:
It is in theory, but I, for one, don't believe anything I read in the news anymore. A close friend of our family, someone we've known for many, many years, has been slandered by their hometown paper. We know the truth, but because of the way reports were written and skewed, the general public does not. Two other recent situations, one with a distant family member, and one with a close friend of a friend, have also proven to me that journalists can say whatever they want...THIS is sad. Truth in reporting is...well, often a fairytale. Still, if the Winans need prayer and good counsel, well, they can join a big club - who of us doesn't?!

I could not agree with you more Ivy. Journalism used to be a field of interest for me until I came to learn the ugly truth about it. Which quite simply put is, they tend to write more slander and fiction than they do the actual truth. Amazing how quickly lies can sell for a quick buck. Then...that is the world we live in. Not to say there is no truth to any of the stories out there, it is just a task in itself to find it amongst the lies.

I think we're being a little harsh on the journalists out there. I admit that there's some slanderous ones out there, but as a whole the media sector is quite good at mostly publishing facts.

I however, come from Australia. I assume you are talking about America, in which I can understand your point of view.

Back