Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

This is JUST a poll on Creation

How old is the Earth?

• Aprox. 6,000 years

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Billions of years

• Other

• Total voters

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
I voted for the first option, around 6k.

I can remember my pastor saying that if man were around with current technology when God first created the earth, odds are they would be saying the same thing. "Wow, this must be XXXXXXXXXX years old!" :lol:

I can accept the 6000 years as well, but ''lean'' more to the 6000 to 10000 years...A few years back I did a chronological study of the the Gospels and creation...In my studies I found that many ''good'' bible theologians hold to a gap theory, that would add ''billions'' of years to the creation of the earth, but I find fault in this view for a couple of reasons..
1) God does not need billions of years to do anything...I believe this billions of years deal, had more to do with ''man'' trying understand things he simply can't...

2) There is much proof that man and dinosaurs lived together...I think the dinosaurs that are described in Job, when studying what Hebrew scholars wrote about them and what the names mean and are described, they are indeed dinosaurs...

3) 1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was in the beginning with God.

Ok, Why do I place this scripture here...In Genesis 1:1 clearly the passage is speaking of the creation of the heavens and the earth....Now we do know by reading the bible that there are at least 3 heavens...more on this later if one wishes to discuss this...

Now John 1:1 starts with creation and alludes to eternity past....Look at the verse closely and meditate on it....When I first learned Greek the book of John was the book we went through and broke down all in Greek because it was written in third grade level Greek....But anyway, we spent allot of time on John 1:1 and the lack of a definite article in the passage and the way the grammar is laid out, points to eternity past...So in my opinion the universe, is gazillions of years old at least, but not earth....Further more I also believe God created other life forms, but none like us...We are unique and are the apple of his eye...This is my opinion and I know....I sound like a quack now.... :-D

jgredline said:
....Further more I also believe God created other life forms, but none like us...We are unique and are the apple of his eye...This is my opinion and I know....I sound like a quack now.... :-D
Yeah, they look like this:

485883225463cac1a843dc.gif

:-D

Maybe we should stick to polling because there is already a few "discussions" like this around. ;-)

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back