Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

This is Why I Hate Xmas!

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
l'Chante

I am sorry that my post hurt you. But those children that you provided for and those that I give to are one of the reasons that don't like Christmas. On Christmas only good boy and girls get presents. That's why I feel a need to give presents. Not that it glorifies Jesus but that those in need do not feel that somehow they are to blame for their lack of presents. I guess that I'm just the grinch trying to steal Christmas. I just see more harm than good from all the hype about a day the God did not tell us to celibrate.

Oh shucks. I guess I'm over sensitive lately. Sorry about that. My pup died and things are really rough at work this time of year. :sad

I'm actively involved in charity and I have endure a lot of criticism because of it. People will criticize me because I help white people and not black people, I buy food and not educational aids, I drive too far to visit squatter camps while people under my nose are starving. And yada, yada, yada. The strange thing is that the criticism always comes from people who won't lift a finger to help the people that they want me to help. :bigfrown :lol

Sorry about that Littlelight. I guess I need to sleep a bit more. ;)

In the Bible when this Pagan Festival began Jeremiah said DO NOT CELEBRATE THE CUSTOM OF THE PEOPLE THAT IS VAIN"
The giving of gifts to get gifts back is vain custom of the people he was talking about.
If people truly wished to serve Jesus then they would feed the poor who can not return your gifts.
People argue I give to the poor. Then why are there so many with plenty and millions starve to death.
This Heathen Festival follows the custom of the people to party, not feed the poor which is what Jesus wants.
The excuse that it gives an opportunity to preach Jesus is but a lame attempt to justify gift giving.
Religion is still a taboo subject with people in the world no matter when you preach.
If you give a morsel of bread to the poor in my name, if you give a drink to the poor in my name then you have
done what i asked said Jesus,

Pro 22:9 He that hath a bountiful eye shall be blessed; for he giveth of his bread to the poor.

We are told the last days are like Sodom and Gommorah they did not take care of the poor and needy.

Eze 16:49 Behold, this was the iniquity of thy sister Sodom, pride, fulness of bread, and abundance of idleness was in her and in her daughters, neither did she strengthen the hand of the poor and needy.

Rev 18:3 For all nations have drunk of the wine of the wrath of her fornication, and the kings of the earth have committed fornication with her----------------------------------------------, and the merchants of the earth are waxed rich through the abundance of her delicacies.-------------------------------

Notice the MERCHANTS OF THE EARTH GET RICH BECAUSE OF THE RELIGIOUS HOLIDAYS OF BABYLON'

Come out of her my people!!

Oh shucks. I guess I'm over sensitive lately. Sorry about that. My pup died and things are really rough at work this time of year. :sad

I'm actively involved in charity and I have endure a lot of criticism because of it. People will criticize me because I help white people and not black people, I buy food and not educational aids, I drive too far to visit squatter camps while people under my nose are starving. And yada, yada, yada. The strange thing is that the criticism always comes from people who won't lift a finger to help the people that they want me to help. :bigfrown :lol

Sorry about that Littlelight. I guess I need to sleep a bit more. ;)

God is pleased with our acts of charity. As James says:

James 1:27 Pure and undefiled religion before God and the Father is this: to visit orphans and widows in their trouble, and to keep oneself unspotted from the world.
NKJV

However, something you wrote causes me some concern and maybe I'm just being overly concerned. I don't want to read something in that is not there. But as a brother I want to say God does not want us to show favoritism in any form.

In God's love.

God is pleased with our acts of charity. As James says:

James 1:27 Pure and undefiled religion before God and the Father is this: to visit orphans and widows in their trouble, and to keep oneself unspotted from the world.
NKJV

However, something you wrote causes me some concern and maybe I'm just being overly concerned. I don't want to read something in that is not there. But as a brother I want to say God does not want us to show favoritism in any form.

yep, someone has eyes to see and ears to hear with ...

In God's love.

I don't know just what your trying to tell me. What I tried to avoid was seeing a speck in lChante's eye while avioding the log in my own. I know that I have plenty of logs in my own eyes.

So lChante I repent for insinuating that you might be at fault. God will reward you for your acts of kindness to the poor.

:sad Guilty as charged. :oops I visit a couple of squatter camps, but I do have my favourite camp. The children are just amazing and love going there. It is for these children that I did the collection to buy the gifts. Almost no-one supports them because of the landlord. I just feel so sorry for these children. Things that we take for granted like street light fascinate them tremendously. Electricity, tar roads, toilets that flush...

I guess that you are right. I shouldn't favour one camp over the other. Jesus died for all of us and we are all special to Him.

:sad Guilty as charged. :oops I visit a couple of squatter camps, but I do have my favourite camp. The children are just amazing and love going there. It is for these children that I did the collection to buy the gifts. Almost no-one supports them because of the landlord. I just feel so sorry for these children. Things that we take for granted like street light fascinate them tremendously. Electricity, tar roads, toilets that flush...

I guess that you are right. I shouldn't favour one camp over the other. Jesus died for all of us and we are all special to Him.

I do not know your full story, but its not bypassing some camps to get to others. What made my ears perk up was the color thing. My first wife was black and I am white. I'm sorry for what I said because I do not know the full story and I have enough sins of my own to worry about.

:lol No, Littlelight. I'm not a racist or belong to the KKK or anything weird. ;) I just go where the Lords sends me. If a black family happened to move into one of the camps I visit, I will shower the love of the Lord on them the same way I would with any white person. I don't help whites as a matter of principle. I help because Jesus sent me there. As a matter of fact, I'm hoping to go to neighbouring countries with my church next year to bring relieve to black Aids orphans. People are people. We all bleed red, my dear.

Ps. Don't worry too much about your sin. Jesus took care of that.

I do not know your full story, but its not bypassing some camps to get to others. What made my ears perk up was the color thing. My first wife was black and I am white. I'm sorry for what I said because I do not know the full story and I have enough sins of my own to worry about.

The eyes and ears thing was in reference to what you said above - highlighted ...

:lol No, Littlelight. I'm not a racist or belong to the KKK or anything weird. ;) I just go where the Lords sends me. If a black family happened to move into one of the camps I visit, I will shower the love of the Lord on them the same way I would with any white person. I don't help whites as a matter of principle. I help because Jesus sent me there. As a matter of fact, I'm hoping to go to neighbouring countries with my church next year to bring relieve to black Aids orphans. People are people. We all bleed red, my dear.

So now you're saying you don't help whites :confused::confused: (if they're in need?)

:biggrin :toofunny Sorry, Honey. Second language thing. I meant to say; I don't help white only as a matter of priciple. Or rather; I'm not making a point to exclude blacks when helping others. Am I making any sense here? :lol:rolling

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back