Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bible Study Time Table for America

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
D

D46

I found this article to be interesting and thought I'd post it concerning America's roll in prophecy... Just food for thought.

America, Our Prophetic Place Among the Nations

by Joseph Chambers

We must make a sincere effort to look at America through the lens of the Holy Bible. Did the sovereignty of God ordain this nation for the last 200 plus years and does He have a prophetic plan for America as we near the end of this age? The two ideas presented in this thought provoking question are the foundation for this article. As you read this article, remember these two facts. First, remember the Sovereignty of God in the founding of America and in the formation of our government. Second, remember our prophetic future and what we must represent and fulfill in the time left until the golden kingdom of the millennium.

America is clearly the one "shining city on a hill" worldwide. I heard a reporter say on television a few days ago, "If possible, 80% of the world would gladly land on our shores to start a new life under our system of government, and with our rights, liberties, and privileges." That's probably an overstatement, but it contains an element of fact. People who love America must deal with the gross sins ripping at the very core of our culture. From abortion to the satanic entertainment industry, there is a concentrated, organized desire to make America into a cesspool of filth. We must break this bent of evil by the mighty power of prevailing prayer.

Trashing America is the daily joy of the liberals on the left and the fanatics on the right. The fact that individuals will use our own technology, wealth, and liberties as a means to destroy everything we represent can be only understood from a Biblical viewpoint. We will explain that viewpoint in this article. I just listened to a statement on a video that is being sold and promoted all across America. The name of this video is "911, Descent into Tyranny." It is authored by a far right talk show host, Alex Jones. He blamed our U.S. government for the 9/11/01 event in our country. Our nation has indeed had its share of corrupt politicians, corrupt ministers, and corrupt bureaucrats, but not for a moment could they escape such hideous deeds as this man suggests.

Another view of those on the left and those on the right can be found in Scripture. Liberals and the elite on the far left want a powerful government with themselves in control. Those on the far right hate all government and want unlimited liberties. The Bible thoroughly condemns both. Nimrod was stopped when he sought to establish the first "One World Government." Both Apostle Peter and Jude, a half brother of Jesus, spoke of wild men who hate government and are not afraid to speak evil of those in authority. Read the words of Peter, "But chiefly them that walk after the flesh in the lust of uncleanness, and despise government. Presumptuous are they, self-willed, they are not afraid to speak evil of dignities. Whereas angels, which are greater in power and might, bring not railing accusation against them before the Lord." (II Peter 2:10-11)

The Bible and Government

The Bible gave man responsibility to be self-governed and to have dominion over the earth. "And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth." (Genesis 1:28) "And God blessed Noah and his sons, and said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth. And the fear of you and the dread of you shall be upon every beast of the earth, and upon every fowl of the air, upon all that moveth upon the earth, and upon all the fishes of the sea; into your hand are they delivered. Every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you; even as the green herb have I given you all things. But flesh with the life thereof, which is the blood thereof, shall ye not eat. And surely your blood of your lives will I require; at the hand of every beast will I require it, and at the hand of man; at the hand of every man's brother will I require the life of man. Whoso sheddeth man's blood, by man shall his blood be shed: for in the image of God made he man. And you, be ye fruitful, and multiply; bring forth abundantly in the earth, and multiply therein." (Genesis 9:1-7) This was a form of government "of the people, by the people, and for the people." It is exactly the form of government envisioned and established by the founding fathers of America. Our Constitution and the Bill of Rights are Biblical to the core. The Bible is the principle on which they were established.

Nimrod tried to establish a form of government championed by the liberal elite in America. "And the whole earth was of one language, and of one speech. And it came to pass, as they journeyed from the east, that they found a plain in the land of Shinar; and they dwelt there. And they said one to another, Go to, let us make brick, and burn them throughly. And they had brick for stone, and slime had they for mortar. And they said, Go to, let us build us a city and a tower, whose top may reach unto heaven; and let us make us a name, lest we be scattered abroad upon the face of the whole earth. And the LORD came down to see the city and the tower, which the children of men builded. And the LORD said, Behold, the people is one, and they have all one language; and this they begin to do: and now nothing will be restrained from them, which they have imagined to do. Go to, let us go down, and there confound their language, that they may not understand one another's speech. So the LORD scattered them abroad from thence upon the face of all the earth: and they left off to build the city." (Genesis 11:1-8) God said a definite, "No," and completely ended the entire project. The only government that our God can endorse and bless is a government "of the people, by the people, and for the people."

America Was Absolutely Founded on Biblical Principles

Story from the "French and Indian War"--George Washington was only twenty-three years of age. (This story was in the textbooks of our public schools for over 150 years. It disappeared approximately forty years ago.) This war was fought over the territory along the Ohio and Mississippi Rivers. The French had enlisted the Indians. George Washington and one hundred Virginia Buckskins were aiding the British. They marched towards Pittsburgh and were ambushed about seven miles from the fort. Of 1300 men, 714 were shot down. Of eighty-six officers, only Washington was left on horseback. When he arrived back at Fort Cumberland, Maryland, and took off his jacket, he found four bullet holes through it but not one touched him. He wrote his family, "By all powerful dispensation of Providence, I have been protected beyond all human probability or expectation."

Let me give you quotes by three of our first six Presidents and our first Chief Justice of the U.S. Supreme Court:

George Washington, America's first president said, "Of all the dispositions and habits, which lead to political prosperity, religion and morality are indispensable supports. In vain would that man claim the tribute of patriotism, who should labor to subvert these great pillars?" In another quote he said, "The propitious smiles of Heaven can never be expected on a nation that disregards the eternal rules of order and right which Heaven itself has ordained." (America's Godly Heritage, David Barton, back cover.)

John Adams, the second president said, "The Christian religion is, above all the religions that ever prevailed or existed in ancient or modern times, the religion of Widsom, Virtue, Equity, and Humanity. Let the Blackguard Paine say what he will; it is Resignation to God, it is Goodness itself to Man." (America's God and Country, W.J. Federer, p. 10.)

John Quincy Adams, our sixth president, said, "The highest glory of the American Revolution was this; it connected in one indissoluble bond the principles of civil government with the principles of Christianity." (America's God and Country, W.J. Federer, p. 18.) He also said, "From the day of the Declaration...they (the American people) were bound by the laws of The Gospel, which they nearly all, acknowledge as the rules of their conduct." (Ibid.)

John Jay, who was the first Chief Justice of our U.S. Supreme Court, said, "Providence has given to our people the choice of their rulers, and it is the duty--as well as the privilege and interest--of our Christian nation to select and prefer Christians for their rulers." (America's Godly Heritage, David Barton, p. 7.)

The Congress and the Supreme Court have often stated that we were a Christian nation until the liberals of this present dark period. They have continually been petitioned by groups or individuals to separate all Christian views and acts from the daily life of our nation and its institutions.

A group of persons petitioned Congress in 1853 to separate Christian principles from our government. This is their response as stated by the House. "Had the people [the Founding Fathers], during the Revolution, had a suspicion of any attempt to war against Christianity, that Revolution would have been strangled in its cradle. At the time of the adoption of the Constitution and the amendments, the universal sentiment was that Christianity should be encouraged, but not any one sect, [denomination] . . . In this age, there is no substitute for Christianity . . . That was the religion of the founders of the republic, and they expected it to remain the religion of their descendants." (America's Godly Heritage, David Barton, p. 14.)

Two months later, the Judiciary Committee (in the Senate) made this strong declaration: "The great, vital, and conservative element in our system [the thing that holds our system together] is the belief of our people in the pure doctrines and divine truths of the Gospel of Jesus Christ." (America's Godly Heritage, David Barton, p. 14.)

The U.S. Supreme Court gave the following response after a lawsuit was brought by a church to remove religious matters from the public life of the nation. While I do not have the exact words of this lawsuit, it was a precursor of what the liberals are trying to do to the culture of America today. The response of the Supreme Court in 1892 was the following, "Our laws and our institutions must necessarily be based upon and embody the teachings of The Redeemer of mankind. It is impossible that it should be otherwise; and in this sense and to this extent our civilization and our institutions are emphatically Christian . . . This is a religious people. This is historically true. From the discovery of this continent to the present hour, there is a single voice making this affirmation . . . we find everywhere a clear recognition of the same truth . . . These, and many other matters which might be noticed, add a volume of unofficial declaration to the mass of organic utterances that this is a Christian nation." (Supreme Court Decision, 1892, Church of the Holy Trinity vs. United States.) It was only in 1962 that the idea of separation of church and state finally became a court decision. Prayer was removed from our public schools. Since that day, our schools have become cesspools of evil and humanism.

What Is Our Prophetic Place?

There is no way to deny that America was founded by Divine Providence and the will of God. I believe the reason we are presently taking back America is because we still have a prophetic place to fill. The last 30-40 years have become a "wake up call" to this nation. The liberals are in disarray. But, do not think they are not planning to retake this nation and continue their humanistic design. Our only hope is the hand of Almighty God.

What God ordained for Israel as a nation in harmony with the coming of Jesus Christ, we are temporarily fulfilling. They rejected Him and were placed on uneasy probation until the appointed hour. Already, the nation of Israel is casting a shadow on the world scene, but her fullness is yet for a while. Until that time, God needs a nation. (Remember, He used Babylon and Nebuchadnezzar and they were totally pagan before Daniel and the three Hebrew boys were brought to the palace. Jesus plainly said that a nation would be chosen to take Israel's place temporarily. "Jesus saith unto them, Did ye never read in the scriptures, The stone which the builders rejected, the same is become the head of the corner: this is the Lord's doing, and it is marvellous in our eyes? Therefore say I unto you, The kingdom of God shall be taken from you, and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof." (Matthew 21:42-43)

Three Great Reasons that America is Fulfilling her Prophetic Role

1. The Liberties of the World Must be Credited to America in the Present Time

Remember, this was a promise to Israel. "Now the LORD had said unto Abram, Get thee out of thy country, and from thy kindred, and from thy father's house, unto a land that I will shew thee: And I will make of thee a great nation, and I will bless thee, and make thy name great; and thou shalt be a blessing: And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed." (Genesis 12:1-3) Jesus stated that Israel forfeited that position and it was given to another nation. Who would have stopped Hitler? Who would have stopped the Japanese? Who would presently stop the Al Qaeda? If it were not for America, they would establish a "One World Islamic Government." America has never used her military might to build an Imperialistic Empire. Rather, we have and are using our great weaponry to defend freedom for the helpless nations and people of the world. Remember the Panama Canal, Bosnia, Kuwait, and Afghanistan. We helped them rebuild their economy with billions of our wealth. When nations like Germany and the Nazis had been defeated, we then helped rebuild their economy and feed their starving with billions of our wealth.

2. America and the Gospel

There is no way to measure the millions of souls that have heard the gospel because of America. Evangelism could have echoed from the nation of Israel but she rejected her right to bless the world and has spent almost 2000 years wandering among the nations of the earth. Imagine the Hudson Taylors and a multitude of soul winners preaching the gospel, pure and simple, around the world. Our defense of liberty has kept the gospel free in many nations. The Bible translators have rendered the Scripture in hundreds of languages. Multi-billions of American dollars have supported missionaries and accomplished missionary activities.

3. America Has Been the Protector of Israel

Can you imagine Israel, as a nation and the security of Jerusalem were it not for America? We have directly invested over 91 billion dollars in Israel's economy and military since 1948. Anti-Semitism has exploded, but we stand steady as a friend to the Jewish people. Premier Sharon just stated that Israel has no better friend than President George W. Bush. Our Congress just voted to declare Jerusalem the capitol of Israel. One person on the religious right just called Jerusalem the wickedest city in the world. America is a sheep nation and I believe we will stand by Israel until Jesus returns to establish His Kingdom. "When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory: And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats: And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left. Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world: For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in: Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me. Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink? When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee? Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee? And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me. Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels: For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not. Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee? Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me. And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal." (St. Matthew 25:31-46)

Also, tying America to Israel is a text in Isaiah 30:25 that speaks of Israel's future blessings and the fall of towers. "For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in. And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob: For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins. concerning the gospel, they are enemies for your sakes: but as touching the election, they are beloved for the fathers' sakes." (Romans 11:25-28) The future of America is closely connected to the future of Israel. That is one of our most important positions before our God. We are now as subject to terrorism as Israel has been.

Conclusion

America is indeed the one country/nation in our world that can be called "the Shining City on a Hill." It is a blessed and free people. Any person who lives a clean life has nothing to fear in our nation but fear itself. There are evil people and always have been. We have an abundance of undisciplined and careless souls presently because we allowed the God haters to rob us of many freedoms and privileges. It's time to take back those God given rights and once again experience an awakening from heaven.

"If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land." (II Chronicles 7:14) Again, this is a promise to Israel that we can claim by virtue of their Kinsman Redeemer and our Lord and Savior.

After understanding our place among the nations, it's easy to see why we have an internal struggle to destroy the principles of our form of government and even our nation itself. The "One Worlders" among the liberal left are desperate to destroy the Bible believer's influence. They hate fundamental or evangelical standards of morality. Anyone believing the Bible is dangerous to them.

The radical rights are mostly anti-Semitic and hate our defense of Israel. Most of them hold to replacement theology and believe Israel is done with and of no future standing. Any government that is not chosen freely and answerable clearly to the people is anti-Biblical. Let's believe our Heavenly Father to grant a sovereign visitation of revival and renewing commitment to the morals and values that make our self-government possible.

I'm looking for the Rapture. I'm not watching for the Rapture from a rocking chair, but from a battlefield. Let's remember, "the kingdom of heaven suffereth violence, and the violent take it by force." (Matthew 11:12)

http://www.pawcreek.org/articles/endtim ... cPlace.htm

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back