Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[_ Old Earth _] Timex does not exist

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
L

Lyric's Dad

I need to put to rest this notion that there is a Timex out there some where. People need to realize that this "Timex" is nothing more then a creation of those people who need a crutch...

So, to prove this to you all once and for all, I submit this factual story for your review;

If you were to be able to see me now, you would notice that I have on a beautiful watch. It says Timex on the dial but I assure you that it was not "CREATED" by some Timex out there somewhere. I found this watch in the desert you see and when I saw the label, I, being an intelligent and thinking man who is not willing to be duped by the right wing jewelers, decided to find out for myself. After taking this watch to the best scientists and philosophers of the day, the story has come to light....

We must begin before time began. Before the watches even came into existence. Before even, the sundial. Back then, there was a mud puddle. A soup of sorts with many bacterias and small one celled organisms floating in this soup. At some point a catastrophic storm happened that created an immense electric storm resulting in the repeated lightning strikes into the middle of this puddle of soup. When this had passed and many millions of years had come and gone, the soup began had changed. You see, in the bottom of this mire something wonderful had happened. Some of the chemicals had come together and had formed a watch. This watch had hands and dials and internal lights and a band and all the items necessarry to keep time on this world. Perfect in all it's intricacy, this watch came from a bang, of sorts that started the whole process in motion. I have proof of this from the worlds greatest scientists.

Now, I know what those who must believe in have to say. They say that it really was this mysterious Timex fellow but I can tell you that there are many paths to watches. There is seiko. There is rolex (seems to be a hollywood path) There is Dakota, etc. etc. etc. So I find it odd that these people would want to impose the ideals of this Timex on everyone. Furthermore, it really is just an ideal. Since there was no point of creation, the whole need for Timex is only to help people to become better timekeepers while on this earth. Afterall, time is enough....

THeend paragraph gets a little confusing :?

BTW, evolution didnt go from puddle, to suddenly BOOM a human.

there were many small setps between

Maybe an earthquake randomly shook certain materials together to form pieces, and then the earthquke shook the pieces together to form that rolex....certainly possible. There are unlimited chances in the universe for this to happen, this just happened to be it. :wink:

Darck Marck said:
Maybe an earthquake randomly shook certain materials together to form pieces, and then the earthquke shook the pieces together to form that rolex....certainly possible. There are unlimited chances in the universe for this to happen, this just happened to be it. :wink:
Now, I could see this happening with a rolex but a Timex? Nah, definately lightning.... :wink:

Peace4all; it is all tongue in cheek. It is meant to mirror all the things that the world tries to pass off.

What part confused you?

It's the old Paley argument'; "natural things are just like human artifacts, so I know they had to be designed, too."

That one was DOA a long time ago. Paley had to use a watch, because if he actually used a natural object, no one would get the point; natural objects are obviously not designed.

The second part, about life forming all at once by "poof" or by earthquake, is pure fantasy. We still don't know all about abiogenesis, but what we do know shows that it was a long and stepwise process.

I found a snowflake. I looked at it under the microscope and I could see all the beautiful structure in it. I knew immediately that sky pixies had carved it. It definitely looks designed and if it looks designed then it must have been designed. Therefore, sky pixies are real.

Quath

Quath said:
I found a snowflake. I looked at it under the microscope and I could see all the beautiful structure in it. I knew immediately that sky pixies had carved it. It definitely looks designed and if it looks designed then it must have been designed. Therefore, sky pixies are real.

Quath

On a totally offtopic tangent, what kind of miscroscope is used to look at snowflakes? Most microsopes generate heat and it doesn't take much heat to melt a single snowflake, so I'm wondering how all the microcopic images of snowflakes I have seen are produced.

I think this one was taken with an electron microscope.

8702s.jpg

With a regular miscrscope, maybe you have to flash light and take a picture or use a weak light source. (Just guessing.)

Quath

USe an LED light, they do not emit het (or some kidn of llight)

a guy came to our school ona cold day, and set up a small outdoor tent, that was sealed, but not heated, it was COLD! he had a microscope, and showed us stuff, each kid got liek 2 secodns to look, cuz they are retarted and breathed on them :?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back