Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Tips for anxiety and depression

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

ellie146

Hi everyone. It's my first time posting. I'm Christian and I am a mom to a ten year old, been married for a while now. A few years ago I moved to an area far from my immediate family. While I enjoy our life here, I've been really lonely and depressed at the same time. I'm being treated for that. I haven't made any friends, which is hard because back in my home city I had a lot of friends. Not for lack of trying, but it just hasn't happened yet. At least not anything more than superficial friendships.

I've always been incredibly empathetic and thoughtful about others, ever since I was a child. A year and a half ago, I started to do mediumship readings for other people, but it was short-lived because I realized that DUH, we as Christians just shouldn't be doing that. So, I stopped. I realized I had been sucked into something that we just shouldn't be messing with. During the time I was engaging in mediumship, I started to get really bad anxiety, even worse than before. And now I'm constantly worried terrible things are going to happen to my immediate family. I've had a few rough blows related to past relationships and abuse within them, so I'm almost "used" to bad things happening.

I felt like maybe someone on this forum would have some advice or tips on how to connect to God, to get relief from some anxiety, and just be closer to Him in general. I really need to heal and rest. Any response is appreciated. <3

I read a prayer once….
Lord Jesus have mercy on me a sinner.

That’s sort of the only additional prayer I used aside from the outline Jesus gives us..to pray for enemies nations leaders etc…

And personally it calms me down. I’m yet another sinner in need of mercy from Jesus…

Other than that I would advise caution with meds. Some people swear by them. A lot of popular antidepressants can make people restless and extra uneasy. I take a tranquilizer for schizophrenia but I don’t mess with antidepressants…they make me feel apathetic and less stable…

Other than that if you have health coverage maybe see about some lab work? Nutrient deficiency is surprisingly common and so are thyroid issues…

Back