Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Tis the season!

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

faeriecat

So, we've been rehearsing since August for our Church's annual Christmas production. I, somehow, found my introverted self asking the Choir director if I could join. Not sure where *that* came from, but here we are 3 days before the big production and I'm up there singing with this group that's been singing together for eons. SCARY.

We're singing some wonderful songs, even if a few are rather vocally challenging. You should have seen the looks on the choir's faces when the choir director said "no, this one is going to start off acapella" EEEK!

So, what are your church(es) doing this season to get the message out?

So, what are your church(es) doing this season to get the message out?

Well, I guess buying little kids presents. Feeding the hungry, putting up xmas trees, choir stuff, you know, the whole seasonal 9 yards. But I haven't been there for awhile so I'm not sure. :rolling

Well, I guess buying little kids presents. Feeding the hungry, putting up xmas trees, choir stuff, you know, the whole seasonal 9 yards. But I haven't been there for awhile so I'm not sure. :rolling

LOL ooohkay :)

We do also have a small and growing food pantry, we're only open once a month on a Saturday. We're just getting started really. Our schedule is on the 3rd thursday night of the month we have a big hot meal that is "pay as you can". So a lot of the church members come and donate, and our clients come just to eat, and lots of fellowship occurs. Its amusing to see all the kids run around like banshees after dessert, they don't care about things like "what side of the tracks" you come from ... they just want to play. :) Anyway ... those funds help fill the pantry. On the 4th saturday of the month is when we're open. December, the 4th saturday of the month, is the 22nd ... talk about timing! This month we're trying to give staples and then the makings of a nice Christmas dinner (sans meat, we have no means to store perishibles as yet).

Speaking of food, I think I should have breakfast.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back