Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Bible Study Too Much Faith

G

Do people put too much faith in The Bible?. I do believe in God and all , but why take everything the bible says as truth , the bible is nothing more than a book(and no original material).I am not trying to be insulting , I am merely stating the truth

" Do people put too much faith in The Bible?. I do believe in God and all , but why take everything the bible says as truth , the bible is nothing more than a book(and no original material).I am not trying to be insulting , I am merely stating the truth." The way to find out if the Bible is just a book is to study the Bible. And I would start with the prophecies that are given in the Bible and already fulfilled. For example the name of Jesus and his predicted coming was announced some 700 years before it took place. When prophecies like this and there are many many of them or fulfilled I would say that that is proof positive that the BOOK is from God. And proves itself true. So get you a book on prophecy in the Bible and study what the book says in relationship to what the Bible says. It's my prayer that you see the truth.

Baphomet said:
... but why take everything the bible says as truth ...
... I am merely stating the truth...

You state the truth, but the Bible does not? So you believe that we should follow you rather than God? You might want to read TOS again, before the Mods enlighten you to it's truth.

Baphomet said:
Do people put too much faith in The Bible?. I do believe in God and all , but why take everything the bible says as truth , the bible is nothing more than a book(and no original material).I am not trying to be insulting , I am merely stating the truth

What 'truth' are you stating? And how do we know it is the 'truth'? Because YOU say it is?

How would you propose we investigate to see if what you are 'stating' is 'the truth'?

aLoneVoice said:
What 'truth' are you stating? And how do we know it is the 'truth'? Because YOU say it is?

How would you propose we investigate to see if what you are 'stating' is 'the truth'?

you really need to read more

Back