Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

top priority = politican

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
By all means be involved in politics, be keeping your church aware of things happening they need to pray and write about etc.

But to be a politician means being very social with all sorts of people, being aware of events and how they affect politics, being pre9pared to argue and talk about issues you have no interest in but are political important.

Can you lie well?,and talk out of both sides of your mouth?.
Would anyone recognize an up front and straight politician when we think they all lie and don't have the best in mind for their voters? Just because we may not agree with an elected official does not mean they are lying. Anyone that thinks they could do better should put their own name on the ballot and see where that goes. Yes, I am talking to you. I prefer to give benefit of doubt before making an unfounded accusation. After all, there is a commandment about giving false witness. I believe most desire to do the best they can and sometimes that may require doing something different than what they originally planned.

There are different schools of thought when it comes to politics. Is the primary purpose of the person elected to do what is best for everyone, what is best for the district (country, state, county, city, etc.), do what is best for those that voted for them, strictly follow their campaign positions, or do what is wanted from the real time feedback they get everyday while in office?

When I was attending a technical institute back in 1988-1989 I served as my class representative and then student body vice president. Most tech school programs are two year programs or less so the politics should be almost humorous really. Serving is those capacities during my 2-year tenure at the school was far more than enough political experience than I could ever want in my lifetime. I was bombarded with requests from people all the time and so my challenge was which way should I go? It was not an easy thing. I went away from that experience with a new respect for anyone that chooses to spend their lives in politics.

Back