Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Tossed by the wind

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Shema

CF Ambassador
Screenshot_20210627-233806.png
An Emoji Devotions for Sun 27 Jun 2021

Topic: Tossed by the wind

Highlight:
... because the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind. James 1:6

There is power in God's word and it can change your life for good.

But doubt double-crosses people by their fear. Those who doubt may tend to break down and their Spirit will look faulty with excuses to reverse their progress while looking back at comfort zone instead of looking ahead to destiny.

Those who doubt become worried that something is going to go the wrong way. Doubt makes people look at their previous failures like in a movie and turned their faith into negative. Doubt interacts with our mind about negative stories. It is a feeling of uncertainty or lack of conviction.

Doubt goes with bad mood that gives fear. In Revelations 21:8 the Bible says the fearful will take their part in the lake that burns with fire and in James 1:7 the Bible says that "such people who doubt should not expect to receive anything from the Lord." Life itself is a practical experience that require us to have faith when we connect to God. Faith gives us a hand to hold unto God but doubt makes us lose our grip, tossed by the wind.

We should not doubt "For surely there is a future...." and Those who trust in the LORD are like Mount Zion, which cannot be moved, but abides forever. Proverbs 23:18; Psalm 125:1

We must become confident that through Jesus Christ we will have a brighter future? Trust in God with all your heart that He's able to do exceedingly above all things that you ask or think, according to the power working in you. Ephesians 3:20

Doubt can hunt the mind. If you are possessed with the spirit of doubt, You need the Holy Spirit of God to give you faith and conviction through faith in Jesus Christ. Jesus replied “I tell you the truth, if you have faith and don’t doubt, you can do things like this and much more. You can even say to this mountain, ‘May you be lifted up and thrown into the sea,’ and it will happen. Matthew 21:21

We need to make up our mind that we will not be tossed by the wind and Hold on to the promises of God in His word.

Prayer: Thank you blessed Holy Spirit of our Lord Jesus Christ as you are welcomed into my spirit. Please flush away every need for unholy doubt in my life from now on in Jesus mighty name. Amen.

Yes. "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything though prayer and supplication with Thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God which surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:6-7

When scriptures repeat something it means it is important and God wants us to learn that. So one day I wondered what is the single most repeated thing or phrase in the scriptures. It didn't take much digging, the most repeated phrase in the entire bible is...do not fear, fear not, be not anxious, do not let your heart be troubled...they all mean generally the same thing and since it is repeated so much, it's practically a Commandment.

Good topic.

When scriptures repeat something it means it is important and God wants us to learn that. So one day I wondered what is the single most repeated thing or phrase in the scriptures. It didn't take much digging, the most repeated phrase in the entire bible is...do not fear, fear not, be not anxious, do not let your heart be troubled...they all mean generally the same thing and since it is repeated so much, it's practically a Commandment.

Good topic.

I think somewhere like 365 times. I know it is at least one scripture for every day of the year. And doubt/fear go hand in hand. As I trust God more, I know I fear less. It is my struggle.

Yeah, 365 times.

So we are commanded to fear not, doubt not. So what do we do now? Oh yeah, yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for thou art with me. Sounds simple enough. Then when you walk into a bad situation, you do not flee, you walk into this valley of death, knowing that to do so is an act of faith and we simply refuse the evil in faith and without doubt. This puts the ball into the Lord's court! That is what He does, respond to faith! Reminds me of a testimony of mine.

Story time. I was living in Colorado Springs and my son Deen and I were on our way to work to change out a hot water heater for a man. My son missed his turn and so we went to go around the block. But when we rounded the next corner, a cop was turning against us at the same time and got a good look at us. We had a cracked windshield and C. Springs cops just love passing out tickets for everything they can so of course we saw him do a u turn and come after us to pull us over.

My son said to me, oh no, I have unpaid fines from before. I am about to be arrested. And I flipped because the customers water heater was in his basement and my days of humping water heaters up and down stairs alone is over. I needed his help so I said No, I need your help on this job you are NOT going to jail. and I bowed my head and went into immediate prayer, Lord do not let him get arrested today I need him...Amen...

So my son says he got a letter about 2 weeks ago that he has a warrant for unpaid fines and they don't miss stuff like that. And I said too late, I already prayed. I refuse to let you be arrested today. So the cop takes his license & registration and so forth and goes back to his car to call it in. My son sat there and tried to explain to me that he knows that he has an active warrant and that he IS going to jail because C. Springs cops are famous for not giving breaks. I said I know that but not today, I prayed already. and we looked at each other...then the cop gets out again and is walking back yo our truck and Deen starts emptying his pockets to be arrested, and I said again, Deen, it's ok you wont be arrested, I prayed...IIRC he rolled his eyes at me, lol.

Then the cop walks up to his window and says, well Deen I see that you have a warrant for unpaid fines...and Deen looks around at me as if to say, told you so. But the cop continued talking and he says, I can see that you guys are on your way to work and I respect that so Deen, if you promise me that you will pay those fines, I'll let you guys get on to work. And Deen's jaw about hit the floor. As we're pulling away Deen looks over at me and says, there really is something to all this God stuff, huh?

And it was my act of faith that the Lord responded to. I prayed, asked, and spoke it with conviction what will happen. I did not waver. I had no doubt. It was weird cuz, I think it was more my refusal to let him be arrested and I refused to think that he had any possibility of missing this job with me. I could not have done that job by myself it was a full length steps and big water heaters, so I wouldn't allow myself to look at any other outcome. And that act of faith the Lord did not disappoint me about! Praise the Lord for that! :)

Yeah, 365 times.

So we are commanded to fear not, doubt not. So what do we do now? Oh yeah, yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for thou art with me. Sounds simple enough. Then when you walk into a bad situation, you do not flee, you walk into this valley of death, knowing that to do so is an act of faith and we simply refuse the evil in faith and without doubt. This puts the ball into the Lord's court! That is what He does, respond to faith! Reminds me of a testimony of mine.

Story time. I was living in Colorado Springs and my son Deen and I were on our way to work to change out a hot water heater for a man. My son missed his turn and so we went to go around the block. But when we rounded the next corner, a cop was turning against us at the same time and got a good look at us. We had a cracked windshield and C. Springs cops just love passing out tickets for everything they can so of course we saw him do a u turn and come after us to pull us over.

My son said to me, oh no, I have unpaid fines from before. I am about to be arrested. And I flipped because the customers water heater was in his basement and my days of humping water heaters up and down stairs alone is over. I needed his help so I said No, I need your help on this job you are NOT going to jail. and I bowed my head and went into immediate prayer, Lord do not let him get arrested today I need him...Amen...

So my son says he got a letter about 2 weeks ago that he has a warrant for unpaid fines and they don't miss stuff like that. And I said too late, I already prayed. I refuse to let you be arrested today. So the cop takes his license & registration and so forth and goes back to his car to call it in. My son sat there and tried to explain to me that he knows that he has an active warrant and that he IS going to jail because C. Springs cops are famous for not giving breaks. I said I know that but not today, I prayed already. and we looked at each other...then the cop gets out again and is walking back yo our truck and Deen starts emptying his pockets to be arrested, and I said again, Deen, it's ok you wont be arrested, I prayed...IIRC he rolled his eyes at me, lol.

Then the cop walks up to his window and says, well Deen I see that you have a warrant for unpaid fines...and Deen looks around at me as if to say, told you so. But the cop continued talking and he says, I can see that you guys are on your way to work and I respect that so Deen, if you promise me that you will pay those fines, I'll let you guys get on to work. And Deen's jaw about hit the floor. As we're pulling away Deen looks over at me and says, there really is something to all this God stuff, huh?

And it was my act of faith that the Lord responded to. I prayed, asked, and spoke it with conviction what will happen. I did not waver. I had no doubt. It was weird cuz, I think it was more my refusal to let him be arrested and I refused to think that he had any possibility of missing this job with me. I could not have done that job by myself it was a full length steps and big water heaters, so I wouldn't allow myself to look at any other outcome. And that act of faith the Lord did not disappoint me about! Praise the Lord for that! :)
I trust your son made good on his debt.

Yes, we are commanded to fear not. As you say, God repeats this many times so we need to take it to heart. Respective of the Covid-19 pandemic, our pastor preached about this two or three times in the past year.

Some of the most fearful people I meet seem to be Christians. Why is that? Having been saved, what is there to fear?

"Fear not, for I am with you;
Be not dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you,
Yes, I will help you,

I will uphold you with My righteous right hand."
Isaiah 41:10 NKJV

Whenever I am afraid,
I will trust in You.
In God (I will praise His word),
In God I have put my trust;
I will not fear.

Psalm 56:3-4 NKJV

I trust your son made good on his debt.

Yes, we are commanded to fear not. As you say, God repeats this many times so we need to take it to heart. Respective of the Covid-19 pandemic, our pastor preached about this two or three times in the past year.

Some of the most fearful people I meet seem to be Christians. Why is that? Having been saved, what is there to fear?

"Fear not, for I am with you;
Be not dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you,
Yes, I will help you,

I will uphold you with My righteous right hand."
Isaiah 41:10 NKJV

Whenever I am afraid,
I will trust in You.
In God (I will praise His word),
In God I have put my trust;
I will not fear.

Psalm 56:3-4 NKJV

Actually, I wondered the same thing as I typed that post out, lol. I *think* he did pay them off. If he didn't pay them off and gets pulled over...he better be praying!

I think that fearful christians mostly those Brothers & Sisters that have not gotten used to looking at everything spiritually and not worldly. Peter demonstrated this perfectly for us when he got out of the boat and walked on the water. It was (the spiritual one) Jesus that Peter had his eyes on, then he looked away from Jesus and saw the worldly (the wind & the waves) so he began to sink and Jesus had to save him.

So we all should look at everything with a spiritual eye. That's being led by the spirit. We can ask our spirit or we can ask the Holy Spirit either one because scripture says that the Holy Spirit bears witness to our spirit...so our spirit always knows the right thing to do in any situation, and He will in response to an act of faith.

Remember how (King) David talked to Goliath before he killed him?! Now there's some serious no doubting faith right there!
He trash-talked Goliath like a kid trash-talking Shaquille O-Neal. It's hilarious, because Elijah did the same thing, trash-talking 500 false priests.

Re: OP. You know how I constantly feel tossed by the wind? Trying to please everybody. One person says, "do it this way...", the other person says, "do it that way...". I'm sorry, but I can't both do the same thing this way AND that way.

Yeah, 365 times.

Oh WOW. That is an amazing testimony!!!! LOL. Praise God!!!

Actually, I wondered the same thing as I typed that post out, lol. I *think* he did pay them off. If he didn't pay them off and gets pulled over...he better be praying!

I think that fearful christians mostly those Brothers & Sisters that have not gotten used to looking at everything spiritually and not worldly. Peter demonstrated this perfectly for us when he got out of the boat and walked on the water. It was (the spiritual one) Jesus that Peter had his eyes on, then he looked away from Jesus and saw the worldly (the wind & the waves) so he began to sink and Jesus had to save him.

So we all should look at everything with a spiritual eye. That's being led by the spirit. We can ask our spirit or we can ask the Holy Spirit either one because scripture says that the Holy Spirit bears witness to our spirit...so our spirit always knows the right thing to do in any situation, and He will in response to an act of faith.

Jesus spoke one word "Come." If Peter would have focused on that one word, he would not have sunk. Christians need to keep our hearts and minds on the Word.

Back