Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Tough time believing in Jesus, HELP

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00

sforces

I have been a Christian starting back in 1988 for about 5 years then I left and came back in 2005. The more I study the bible and do research, I find discrepancies and doubt. I believe in GOD no doubt there. I have issues with how to come to GOD, only going through Jesus and I will share what I have learned to anyone willing to listen. I am open minded.

thank you :pray

I am not sure what you are asking. This is a Christian forum. If you are looking for someone to agree with you that there is more than 1 way to the Father, I seriously doubt if you are going to get much support. However, I can only speak for myself, and I am not open-minded when it comes to salvation. I believe there is 1 way to the Father and his name is Jesus.

Westtexas

sforces said:
I have been a Christian starting back in 1988 for about 5 years then I left and came back in 2005. The more I study the bible and do research, I find discrepancies and doubt. I believe in GOD no doubt there. I have issues with how to come to GOD, only going through Jesus and I will share what I have learned to anyone willing to listen. I am open minded.

The fact is focus on God and God will teach you about Jesus. The fact is even though Jesus said "no one comes to the Father except through me" He also says that the Father has led people to him. So, If the Father wants to work with you first then let Him.

God maybe showing you the difference and that He is not his son and then he may lead you to understanding the teachings of Christ the way they were meant to be learned.

John 6:43-45 (King James Version)

43Jesus therefore answered and said unto them, Murmur not among yourselves.

44No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.

45It is written in the prophets, And they shall be all taught of God. Every man therefore that hath heard, and hath learned of the Father, cometh unto me.

John 6(King James Version)

37All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.

38For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me.

John 16:25-27 (King James Version)

25These things have I spoken unto you in proverbs: but the time cometh, when I shall no more speak unto you in proverbs, but I shall shew you plainly of the Father.

26At that day ye shall ask in my name: and I say not unto you, that I will pray the Father for you:

27For the Father himself loveth you, because ye have loved me, and have believed that I came out from God.

I AM LOOKING ONLY FOR TRUTH AND I WANT TO BELIEVE. I AM NOT HERE TO TRY AND CHANGE OTHERS VIEWS. I AM TRYING TO CHANGE MINE, BUT:

WHEN JESUS WAS CRUCIFIED AND ASCENDED TO HEAVEN AND THE ONLY WAY TO HEAVEN IS THROUGH HIM. LETS SAY IT WAS A WEEK LATER BACK THEN AND SOMEONE DIED IN SOUTH AMERICA, AUSTRALIA OR ON ANY CONTINENT BECAUSE THAT PERSON(S) DIDNT HAVE A CLUE OR HAD NEVER HEARD ABOUT JESUS. IS THAT PERSON GOING TO HELL? EVEN TODAY THERE ARE ABORIGINAL TRIBES THAT ARE CLOSED OFF FROM SOCIETY STILL. ARE THEY GOING TO HELL?

BESIDES THE BIBLE HOW COME THERE IS NO OTHER WRITTEN TEACHING OF JESUS OR MENTION OF THE ROMAN PONTUS PILATE ANYWHERE. ANOTHER WORDS CORROBATIVE WRITTEN RECORDS OF A MAJOR EVENT LIKE THE CRUCIFIXTION.

PROBABLY NO ONE ON HERE CAN ANSWER THESE QUESTIONS AND MAYBE ONLY GOD CAN...
:pray :pray :pray :pray :pray :pray :pray :pray :pray :pray

Sforces, let me try to help. First, there are other written records of both Jesus and Pontius Pilate. But the Bible says that we walk by faith and not by sight.

When a person completely accepts Jesus Christ as Savior, God changes him, and it is now in his new heart to believe God's Word.I don't know you, but it's possible that you got a good dose of religion without accepting Christ, and that God is now working in your life to accept Him.

We're not saved by repeating a prayer; we're saved by completely accepting Christ. My advice is to go to God, tell Him that you don't know if you're really saved, and trust Him. The fact that you are this concerned shows that God is working in your heart and He wants you to come to Him.

sforces said:
I AM LOOKING ONLY FOR TRUTH AND I WANT TO BELIEVE. I AM NOT HERE TO TRY AND CHANGE OTHERS VIEWS. I AM TRYING TO CHANGE MINE, BUT:

WHEN JESUS WAS CRUCIFIED AND ASCENDED TO HEAVEN AND THE ONLY WAY TO HEAVEN IS THROUGH HIM. LETS SAY IT WAS A WEEK LATER BACK THEN AND SOMEONE DIED IN SOUTH AMERICA, AUSTRALIA OR ON ANY CONTINENT BECAUSE THAT PERSON(S) DIDNT HAVE A CLUE OR HAD NEVER HEARD ABOUT JESUS. IS THAT PERSON GOING TO HELL? EVEN TODAY THERE ARE ABORIGINAL TRIBES THAT ARE CLOSED OFF FROM SOCIETY STILL. ARE THEY GOING TO HELL?

BESIDES THE BIBLE HOW COME THERE IS NO OTHER WRITTEN TEACHING OF JESUS OR MENTION OF THE ROMAN PONTUS PILATE ANYWHERE. ANOTHER WORDS CORROBATIVE WRITTEN RECORDS OF A MAJOR EVENT LIKE THE CRUCIFIXTION.

PROBABLY NO ONE ON HERE CAN ANSWER THESE QUESTIONS AND MAYBE ONLY GOD CAN...
:pray :pray :pray :pray :pray :pray :pray :pray :pray :pray

God judges the heart and has always done so from the beginning even before the birth and or death of Christ

sforces said:
I AM LOOKING ONLY FOR TRUTH AND I WANT TO BELIEVE. I AM NOT HERE TO TRY AND CHANGE OTHERS VIEWS. I AM TRYING TO CHANGE MINE, BUT: ...

Why exactly are you having such a tough time believing in Jesus ?
Do you not believe the Bible as the Ultimate Word of God ? ?

sforces said:

Perhaps . this website . answers your questions.

sforces said:

There are written records of early church father besides the bible.

sforces said:

Did you receive your gift from Jesus back in 1988?

John 16:7
But I tell you the truth: It is for your good that I am going away. Unless I go away, the Counselor will not come to you; but if I go, I will send him to you.
John 20:29
Then Jesus told him, "Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed."

Are you worried about not believing because nonbelievers don't go to heaven, or are you just worried because you want to settle on one (God is real) or the other (not real)?

Isa 57:1
1 The righteous perisheth, and no man layeth it to heart: and merciful men are taken away, none considering that the righteous is taken away from the evil to come.
(KJV)

James 1:5-8
5 If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, That giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.
6 But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed.
7 For let not that man think that he shall receive any thing of the Lord.
8 A double minded man is unstable in all his ways.
(KJV)

No, I am not worried. I have issues with believing the only way to God is through Christ. For example when Christ died, and went to Heaven, When does believing in him the only way to get to heaven start? What about the people who lived on other continents and have no idea who he is and in some places still dont know know who he is? Lets say two weeks later (after christ dies) a person or person(s) dies in South America or Australia are they going to hell because they have no idea who he is?

michael_scarn said:
Are you worried about not believing because nonbelievers don't go to heaven, or are you just worried because you want to settle on one (God is real) or the other (not real)?

sforces said:
No, I am not worried. I have issues with believing the only way to God is through Christ. For example when Christ died, and went to Heaven, When does believing in him the only way to get to heaven start? What about the people who lived on other continents and have no idea who he is and in some places still don't know who he is? Lets say two weeks later (after christ dies) a person or person(s) dies in South America or Australia are they going to hell because they have no idea who he is?

This is a much debated point in Christianity. Christians come up with all sorts of explanations to try and understand this issue. The fact remains that we don't know the answer. God in His wisdom decided not to reveal this part of His plan to us, so we are left wondering. But this issue is not applicable to you. You know the Gospel and you know that Jesus is the only way, so you have no excuse.
God is sovereign, He does what He wants, when He wants and it does not matter whether you like it or not.

It is good to ask questions, and good to ask the hard questions, but we don't know the answer to some questions. This is where you have to step back and look at the story of the Bible as a whole and make up your mind to follow God or not. Do not let the things in the Bible you don't understand take away what you DO understand.

What is the story of the Bible in a nutshell?
The first 3 pages is the story of how God created everything. He created us to be immortal, never get sick, never want for food, never hurt and never be without Him. This should give you an idea of the life He wants for you.
We threw that back in His face and rejected Him.
That is the first 3 pages........the rest of the Bible is the story of how He is doing everything possible the bring us back to Him, even to the point of becoming human Himself and suffering and dying for us.

Now I ask you the question, how can you not love Him?

In the light of this, the things in the Bible I do not understand becomes insignificant.

sforces said:
No, I am not worried. I have issues with believing the only way to God is through Christ. For example when Christ died, and went to Heaven, When does believing in him the only way to get to heaven start? What about the people who lived on other continents and have no idea who he is and in some places still dont know know who he is? Lets say two weeks later (after christ dies) a person or person(s) dies in South America or Australia are they going to hell because they have no idea who he is?

michael_scarn said:

God is just. And his judgments are higher than our judgments. Consider all who perished in the flood who didn't get a chance to hear Noah. God destroyed them all. Does the Creator not have any right over his creation? The counsel of the LORD stands forever.

All flesh had corrupted their way; every creature God created was corrupt. The world was filled with violence and wickedness because of them, and God destroyed them. But Jesus preached to the spirits in prison for three days; even the dead have heard. If the word of God could reach even the depths of Sheol, why do you think all will not hear?

Yet you say they never heard of him. They don't know him. But wherever men dwell, there are those who forgive others, who show mercy, who seek justice, who are poor in spirit - they know him. It is you who don't know him.

Consider the world today. The world is full of wickedness and violence. Where are the righteous? How many know him today?

Even having heard they don't know him; being like a horse or a mule, being without understanding, they must be curbed with bit and bridle, else they do not keep with him. They don't seek his counsel. They don't confess their transgressions.

Don't worry about who is going to heaven or hell. You know nothing of either one.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back