Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Trinity?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
A

Andrew07

Considering these verses why do we say that there is only a triune God? Just wondering? Is this Melchisedec Jesus (he has some of the attributes of God and Jesus) in the OT just under another name? And what about the seven Spirits of God? Thanks

Hebrews 7:1 For this Melchisedec, king of Salem, priest of the most high God, who met Abraham returning from the slaughter of the kings, and blessed him;
2To whom also Abraham gave a tenth part of all; first being by interpretation King of righteousness, and after that also King of Salem, which is, King of peace;
3Without father, without mother, without descent, having neither beginning of days, nor end of life; but made like unto the Son of God; abideth a priest continually.

Revelation 1:4
John to the seven churches which are in Asia: Grace be unto you, and peace, from him which is, and which was, and which is to come; and from the seven Spirits which are before his throne;
Revelation 3:1
And unto the angel of the church in Sardis write; These things saith he that hath the seven Spirits of God, and the seven stars; I know thy works, that thou hast a name that thou livest, and art dead.
Revelation 4:5
And out of the throne proceeded lightnings and thunderings and voices: and there were seven lamps of fire burning before the throne, which are the seven Spirits of God.
Revelation 5:6
And I beheld, and, lo, in the midst of the throne and of the four beasts, and in the midst of the elders, stood a Lamb as it had been slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God sent forth into all the earth.

I myself believe (my opinion) that Melchizedek is Jesus. The name even fits: Melek-y-zadok. Melek - king, Zadok - righteousness. King of Righteousness.

As for the seven spirits stuff I will appeal to my commentary for this:

Revelation 1:4 - the seven Spirits. There are two possible meanings: 1) a reference to Isaiah's prophecy concerning the 7-fold ministry of the Holy Spirit (Isaiah 11:2); or 2) more likely, it is a reference to the lampstand with 7 lamps (a menorah) in Zechariah - also a description of the Holy Spirit (see notes on 4:5, 5:6; Zech 4:1-10). In either case, 7 is the number of completeness, so John is identifying the fullness of the Holy Spirit.

Back