Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

True God, true man is an oxymoron, literally

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

precepts

True God, true man is an oxymoron. This is one of the anti-christ false teaching that has been passed on thru the generations. True God can never be true man because true man is born with sin, Christ is without sin.

To clue in the public on the true nature of the God man Christ, Christ himself leaves us a clue that I recently discovered :

Mat 19:10 His disciples say unto him, If the case of the man be so with [his] wife, it is not good to marry.

Mat 19:11 But he said unto them, All [men] cannot receive this saying, save [they] to whom it is given.

Mat 19:12 For there are some eunuchs, which were so born from [their] mother's womb: and there are some eunuchs, which were made eunuchs of men: and there be eunuchs, which have made themselves eunuchs for the kingdom of heaven's sake. He that is able to receive [it], let him receive [it].
I wrote a thread similiar to this subject but never understood how one could make himself an eunuch for the kingdom, but I finally got it. An eunuch for the kingdom was a man made an eunuch by men who gave his life to God being an eunuch, not that they were celibate men.

Know any scriptural men born eunuchs? Is there any history of any of the prophets seemingly celibate, never marrying? I can think of seven, Melchizedek (King of Salem), Joshua the son of Nun, Elisha, Elijah, Joshua the son of Josedech (crowned king and high priest post Babylon), Christ, and John the Baptist. I leave the rest to you to figure out.

Last edited by a moderator:
True God, true man is an oxymoron. This is one of the anti-christ false teaching that has been passed on thru the generations. True God can never be true man because true man is born with sin, Christ is without sin.

To clue in the public on the true nature of the God man Christ, Christ himself leaves us a clue that I recently discovered :

Mat 19:10 His disciples say unto him, If the case of the man be so with [his] wife, it is not good to marry.

Mat 19:11 But he said unto them, All [men] cannot receive this saying, save [they] to whom it is given.

Mat 19:12 For there are some eunuchs, which were so born from [their] mother's womb: and there are some eunuchs, which were made eunuchs of men: and there be eunuchs, which have made themselves eunuchs for the kingdom of heaven's sake. He that is able to receive [it], let him receive [it].
I wrote a thread similiar to this subject but never understood how one could make himself an eunuch for the kingdom, but I finally got it. An eunuch for the kingdom was a man made an eunuch by men who gave his life to God being an eunuch, not that they were celibate men.

Know any scriptural men born eunuchs? Is there any history of any of the prophets seemingly celibate, never marrying? I can think of six, Joshua the son of Nun, Elisha, Elijah, Joshua the son of Melchizedek (crowned king and high priest post Babylon), Christ, and John the Baptist. I leave the rest to you to figure out.

Christ married...

Jer 3:14 Turn, O backsliding children, saith the LORD; for I am married unto you: and I will take you one of a city, and two of a family, and I will bring you to Zion:

Died and broke the marriage contract and is now betrothed to the church and will wed the church at His return...

Rev 21:9 And there came unto me one of the seven angels which had the seven vials full of the seven last plagues, and talked with me, saying, Come hither, I will shew thee the bride, the Lamb's wife.

Know any scriptural men born eunuchs? Is there any history of any of the prophets seemingly celibate, never marrying? I can think of six, Joshua the son of Nun, Elisha, Elijah, Joshua the son of Melchizedek (crowned king and high priest post Babylon), Christ, and John the Baptist. I leave the rest to you to figure out.

Christ married...

Jer 3:14 Turn, O backsliding children, saith the LORD; for I am married unto you: and I will take you one of a city, and two of a family, and I will bring you to Zion:

Died and broke the marriage contract and is now betrothed to the church and will wed the church at His return...

Rev 21:9 And there came unto me one of the seven angels which had the seven vials full of the seven last plagues, and talked with me, saying, Come hither, I will shew thee the bride, the Lamb's wife.
John 6:32, New Revised 2013 edition.

John 1.14 shows the union of the two natures, divine and human, God and man. I love the carol: 'God of God, light of light, lo, He abhors not the virgin's womb, verily God, begotten, not created, O come let us adore Him, Christ the Lord!'

John 1.14 shows the union of the two natures, divine and human, God and man. I love the carol: 'God of God, light of light, lo, He abhors not the virgin's womb, verily God, begotten, not created, O come let us adore Him, Christ the Lord!'
Why can't you comprehend the simple message. John 1:14 has nothing to do with the topic!

Why can't you comprehend the simple message. John 1:14 has nothing to do with the topic!

Actually John 1.14 does refer to One Who is truly God and truly man. I was referring to the title of the thread.

Know any scriptural men born eunuchs? Is there any history of any of the prophets seemingly celibate, never marrying? I can think of seven, Melchizedek (King of Salem), Joshua the son of Nun, Elisha, Elijah, Joshua the son of Josedech (crowned king and high priest post Babylon), Christ, and John the Baptist. I leave the rest to you to figure out.

I am not sure I am really following you?

Christ is 100% deity and 100% Human. He was born Just as Adam was Created, without a Sin Nature. 100% humanity. True man never had a sin nature.

Jesus Christ is true humanity and undiminished deity in one person forever.

Actually John 1.14 does refer to One Who is truly God and truly man. I was referring to the title of the thread.
Your trying my patience. The word becoming flesh has nothing to do with the flesh being A-sexual or non sexual, which is the subject, becoming flesh is not.

Christ is 100% deity and 100% Human. He was born Just as Adam was Created, without a Sin Nature. 100% humanity. True man never had a sin nature.

When Adam was created without a sin nature, was he True God?!

nope

nope
And when God sent the two angels to Sodom, were they True Men?

nope
And when God sent the two angels to Sodom, were they True Men?

I am going to sign off.

God Bless.

[MENTION=9637]precepts[/MENTION] Some men are called by God to be eunuch's. Just because you have a wife and children under God's will doesn't make you closer to God or sinless, or just because you are a eunuch doesn't make you closer to God or sinless. Where are you going in this thread.

[MENTION=9637]precepts[/MENTION] Some men are called by God to be eunuch's. Just because you have a wife and children under God's will doesn't make you closer to God or sinless, or just because you are a eunuch doesn't make you closer to God or sinless. Where are you going in this thread.
Where are you going with your questions? There's nowhere in scripture where men are called to be eunuchs? By definition, an eunuch is a castrated man or a man without a sexual nature, thus an "eunuch from the womb." There's nowhere in scripture where God calls for any man to be an eunuch. Please provide the verses, please!

Where are you going with your questions? There's nowhere in scripture where men are called to be eunuchs? By definition, an eunuch is a castrated man or a man without a sexual nature, thus an "eunuch from the womb." There's nowhere in scripture where God calls for any man to be an eunuch. Please provide the verses, please!

Matthew 19.12.

This verse seems to be partly metaphorical.

Matthew 19.12.

I explained that in the opening post. I at first never understood it and interpreted it the way you are now, but it's referring to castrated men, men who were castrated and made eunuchs, who become saved after being castrated. It's not referring to celibacy.

@precepts Some men are called by God to be eunuch's. Just because you have a wife and children under God's will doesn't make you closer to God or sinless, or just because you are a eunuch doesn't make you closer to God or sinless. Where are you going in this thread.

Matthew 19.12.

I explained that in the opening post. I at first never understood it and interpreted it the way you are now, but it's referring to castrated men, men who were castrated and made eunuchs, who become saved after being castrated. It's not referring to celibacy.

precepts:

There is more than one way of understanding 'celibacy'.

There is the usage whereby ecclesiastical circles try to maintain it to be compulsory for certain people not to marry. I don't see it as Scriptural at all. 'Forbidding to marry' is criticized in the New Testament (1 Timothy 4.3).

Some people might use the term in a more general way, simply indicating singleness. It is an undoubted fact that some Christians as an individual thing choose to remain single in order to fulfil a certain ministry more fully with their time and energies. It's not by way of compulsion at all, but by individual choice. Personally I wouldn't use the term 'celibacy' strictly to describe this, but it is an undoubted fact that some Christians practise this, and it's not unScriptural at all, in my view.

Matthew 19.12.

precepts:

There is the usage whereby ecclesiastical circles try to maintain it to be compulsory for certain people not to marry. I don't see it as Scriptural at all. 'Forbidding to marry' is criticized in the New Testament (1 Timothy 4.3).

Some people might use the term in a more general way, simply indicating singleness. It is an undoubted fact that some Christians as an individual thing choose to remain single in order to fulfil a certain ministry more fully with their time and energies. It's not by way of compulsion at all, but by individual choice. Personally I wouldn't use the term 'celibacy' strictly to describe this, but it is an undoubted fact that some Christians practise this, and it's not unScriptural at all, in my view.
I'ts not scriptural either. It's this reason why I believe Christ metioned these exacts statements after Peter said then it would be better if men not marry. I think Christ was explaining his nature and the nature of other scriptural eunuchs that some might see and try to imitate, which I think happened to the Catholic church.

Matthew 19.12.

precepts:

I'ts not scriptural. It's this reason why I believe Christ metioned these exacts statements after Peter said then it would be better if men not marry. I think Christ was explaining his nature and the nature of other scriptural eunuchs that some might see and try to imitate.

precepts:

Maybe I'm half asleep, sorry, but did you mean that remaining single (for whatever motive) is not Scriptural?

or trying to compel people to remain single is not Scriptural?

precepts:

I'ts not scriptural. It's this reason why I believe Christ metioned these exacts statements after Peter said then it would be better if men not marry. I think Christ was explaining his nature and the nature of other scriptural eunuchs that some might see and try to imitate.

precepts:

Maybe I'm half asleep, sorry, but did you mean that remaining single (for whatever motive) is not Scriptural?

or trying to compel people to remain single is not Scriptural?
Maybe you are, try reading what I said again.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back