Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

True Stories of the unexplained that are cases of Divine Intervention?,anyone have any?.

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Here is mine,a man and his son that I know was hauling a large piece of equipment on a trailer.The straps on the piece of equipment loosened up allowing the piece to work its way partially off of the trailer.The man knew without specialized help that they were in a fix.At that time several large men walked up on the scene and proceeded to get the piece of equipment moved back into position on the trailer.After the man and his son secured the piece again,they looked around to Thank the men that helped them,they were gone.
This man and his son were quite baffled that their helpers dissapeared,they both traveled around the immediate area and asked the locals if they knew who their helpers were,to no avail.The experience boggled this man's mind,he knew something very strange had happened.It boggled his mind so much he was led to the truth and light of Jesus Christ,he started going to church after what happened.I know this man personally,I did not know him before his 'Expierience',but I knew he was a changed man by his words and actions.When I first heard his story from him personally,he had tears in his eyes,he had no explanation as to who those men were.True Story.

Hey All,
Have you ever heard of the legend of the Loretto Chapel staircase in Santa Fe New Mexico?

Three mysteries surround the spiral staircase in the Loretto Chapel: the identity of its builder, the type of wood used, and the physics of its construction
When the Loretto Chapel was completed in 1878, there was no way to access the choir loft twenty-two feet above. Carpenters were called in to address the problem, but they all concluded access to the loft would have to be via ladder as a staircase would interfere with the interior space of the small Chapel.

Legend says that to find a solution to the seating problem, the Sisters of the Chapel made a novena to St. Joseph, the patron saint of carpenters. On the ninth and final day of prayer, a man appeared at the Chapel with a donkey and a toolbox looking for work. Months later, the elegant circular staircase was completed, and the carpenter disappeared without pay or thanks. After searching for the man (an ad even ran in the local newspaper) and finding no trace of him, some concluded that he was St. Joseph himself, having come in answer to the sisters' prayers.

The stairway's carpenter, whoever he was, built a magnificent structure. The design was innovative for the time and some of the design considerations still perplex experts today.

The staircase has two 360 degree turns and no visible means of support. It is said that the staircase was built without nails—only wooden pegs. Questions also surround the number of stair risers relative to the height of the choir loft and about the types of wood and other materials used in the stairway's construction.

Over the years many have flocked to the Loretto Chapel to see the Miraculous Staircase. The staircase has been the subject of many articles, TV specials, and movies including "Unsolved Mysteries" and the full-length movie titled "The Staircase", starring William Petersen and Barbara Hershey.
Copyright © 2021 - The Loretto Chapel - All Rights Reserved

Pretty cool!
You can see pictures of the staircase online.

Keep walking everybody.
May God bless,
Taz

Hey All,
Have you ever heard of the legend of the Loretto Chapel staircase in Santa Fe New Mexico?

Three mysteries surround the spiral staircase in the Loretto Chapel: the identity of its builder, the type of wood used, and the physics of its construction
When the Loretto Chapel was completed in 1878, there was no way to access the choir loft twenty-two feet above. Carpenters were called in to address the problem, but they all concluded access to the loft would have to be via ladder as a staircase would interfere with the interior space of the small Chapel.

Legend says that to find a solution to the seating problem, the Sisters of the Chapel made a novena to St. Joseph, the patron saint of carpenters. On the ninth and final day of prayer, a man appeared at the Chapel with a donkey and a toolbox looking for work. Months later, the elegant circular staircase was completed, and the carpenter disappeared without pay or thanks. After searching for the man (an ad even ran in the local newspaper) and finding no trace of him, some concluded that he was St. Joseph himself, having come in answer to the sisters' prayers.

The stairway's carpenter, whoever he was, built a magnificent structure. The design was innovative for the time and some of the design considerations still perplex experts today.

The staircase has two 360 degree turns and no visible means of support. It is said that the staircase was built without nails—only wooden pegs. Questions also surround the number of stair risers relative to the height of the choir loft and about the types of wood and other materials used in the stairway's construction.

Over the years many have flocked to the Loretto Chapel to see the Miraculous Staircase. The staircase has been the subject of many articles, TV specials, and movies including "Unsolved Mysteries" and the full-length movie titled "The Staircase", starring William Petersen and Barbara Hershey.

Pretty cool!

Keep walking everybody.
May God bless,
Taz
Interesting!.

Hey All,

Pretty cool!

Keep walking everybody.
May God bless,
Taz
I just googled it,that's a nice staircase.

I am a member of a men's gospel chorus. Really, we are just a group of neighbors that get together to sing. Our director, Rick, was an insurance salesman/rep that served a rural area in southwestern MN. About 15 years ago in late winter while he was driving to work on state highway 23 near Marshal, MN his right side including his leg and foot suddenly stiffened up forcing his foot throttle to the floor. He was unable to release the steering wheel and fought it with his left hand as best he could. He said he was fully conscious throughout the whole experience and can remember swerving back and forth on the busy highway and to his surprise didn't hit anyone. Eventually he ended up in the ditch missing a highline power pole by inches before getting stuck in the snow. Another motorist came buy and shut his car off and called 911. Turned out he suffered a grand maul seizure as a result of a baseball sized tumor that they found in his brain. It was determined cancerous and the prognosis was that he had just weeks to live at best.

When he shared this story with us at our next choir practice we all gathered around him, placed our hands on him, and prayed for healing. Some time later, his wife was telling us that he was in their bathroom and suddenly he yelled out, "I'm going to live! I'm going to live!" She said that he received this message and the only explanation was that it was from God. He spent the next 10 years until he died sharing his story and using it as a launching pad for sharing the gospel. The tumor had mysteriously began to fade until it was totally gone. His doctors had not explanation. Eventually, another one formed and he died but I believe this was definitely a case of divine intervention.

For my family was it unexplained intervention ? I would say no because my wife and I said the same thing before it happened . We said "God will protect us ." to our young son as a lightning storm was getting closer , so I would say the intervention is explained :) . Here is the details of the event I have posted before .

This happened @ 1989 . Me my wife and young son were eating at the kitchen table and storm started with very loud thunder . My son was getting scared and we said God will protect us and about a minute later BOOM ! The house was struck , the breaker popped on the window air conditioner that was right next to us . All of our electronics were blown up and the drain trap on the bath tub had all debris blown out and stuck to the ceiling . Outside the house we found a hole blown in the cast iron septic tank pipe and about 6 feet away the gas line to our propane tank had about 4 inchs of it that were melted and misshaped from the lightning .When the propane company came to repair the melted line they did a lot of head shaking . We later found out the ground was NOT hooked up at our power meter . Many years later a large hickory tree died that was in our front yard and upon getting it cut down we found out it was all burned down inside of the center of the tree . Praise the Lord we are still here !

Back