Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Trump holds town hall event in Iowa

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
I thought he sounded more composed and presidential during this town hall than he has in quite some time. This is what he needs to do and I'm glad to see, that he's reigning it in. The personal attacks and angry outbursts, while understandable, aren't going to win anyone over.

I thought he sounded more composed and presidential during this town hall than he has in quite some time. This is what he needs to do and I'm glad to see, that he's reigning it in. The personal attacks and angry outbursts, while understandable, aren't going to win anyone over.
LOL....if you think he's about to dial all that childishness, anger, and vindictiveness back.....

I've got some Trump NFT's to sell ya. :lol

LOL....if you think he's about to dial all that childishness, anger, and vindictiveness back.....
Well, he's gonna have to keep a lid on it if he wants to be President again. His anger isn't the issue. That's what won him the presidency in 2016. He took the anger that millions of Americans were feeling and directed it in all the right places.

But these days it's erratic. It makes him seem unhinged. If he can reign it in and stay focused on attacking Biden like he does in this town hall, he'll have a better chance of winning over the center-right voters that might otherwise vote for Biden or not vote at all.

I've got some Trump NFT's to sell ya. :lol
I can't believe people actually bought those. Lol. I've always thought it would be funny if Trump, assuming he wins, decides to revamp American currency and call it Trump currency. It'll be his face on every bill and instead of "In GOD we trust", "In TRUMP we we trust". XD

Well, he's gonna have to keep a lid on it if he wants to be President again. His anger isn't the issue. That's what won him the presidency in 2016. He took the anger that millions of Americans were feeling and directed it in all the right places.

But these days it's erratic. It makes him seem unhinged. If he can reign it in and stay focused on attacking Biden like he does in this town hall, he'll have a better chance of winning over the center-right voters that might otherwise vote for Biden or not vote at all.
I think he is unhinged, and is becoming more so every day.

I can't believe people actually bought those. Lol. I've always thought it would be funny if Trump, assuming he wins, decides to revamp American currency and call it Trump currency. It'll be his face on every bill and instead of "In GOD we trust", "In TRUMP we we trust". XD
Just another con. About a week or so ago I read a story about how Trump admires televangelists, not for their faith, but for how effective they are at conning people out of their money.

I think he is unhinged, and is becoming more so every day.
This town hall event showed otherwise. He was laser focused here.

Just another con. About a week or so ago I read a story about how Trump admires televangelists, not for their faith, but for how effective they are at conning people out of their money.
Well, he likes money and he's not particularly modest. The difference is, I think Trump would actually own the fact that he admires them. Whereas someone like Biden would secretly admire them and never admit to such a thing. At least Trump will tell you how he really feels about it.

And honestly, it's one hell of a gig. Have you seen some of the homes these televangelists have? If you don't believe in life after death, why do you care how they got their money? What matters is the here and now because there is no after.

This town hall event showed otherwise. He was laser focused here.
Brief moments of focus don't make all the times of chaos go away.

Well, he likes money and he's not particularly modest.
LOL....that's one of the funnier apologetics for a con man I've seen.

The difference is, I think Trump would actually own the fact that he admires them. Whereas someone like Biden would secretly admire them and never admit to such a thing. At least Trump will tell you how he really feels about it.
Again....lol. So he's open and up front about being a con man and admiring others' cons? What a great attribute for a President! :rolleyes

And honestly, it's one hell of a gig. Have you seen some of the homes these televangelists have? If you don't believe in life after death, why do you care how they got their money? What matters is the here and now because there is no after.
Yeah, who cares about those little old ladies who gave their last dollars to con men?

You know, there are times when sayings from liberals seem really accurate, and lately I've noticed how their saying about modern conservatism ("the cruelty is the point") is shockingly so.

Brief moments of focus don't make all the times of chaos go away.
True. But I'll take what I can get with Trump.

Again....lol. So he's open and up front about being a con man and admiring others' cons? What a great attribute for a President! :rolleyes
It's better than lying about it. Most of these politicians are professional liars.

Yeah, who cares about those little old ladies who gave their last dollars to con men?

You know, there are times when sayings from liberals seem really accurate, and lately I've noticed how their saying about modern conservatism ("the cruelty is the point") is shockingly so.
Why do you care?

It's better than lying about it. Most of these politicians are professional liars.
Not like Donald. That's like comparing a jaywalker with a serial killer and saying "they're both criminals".

Why do you care?
Um....really? Because I don't want to live in a society where lying to people to con them out of their money is legal.

Why wouldn't you care?

Not like Donald. That's like comparing a jaywalker with a serial killer and saying "they're both criminals".
"Not like Donald" was kind of my point.

Um....really? Because I don't want to live in a society where lying to people to con them out of their money is legal.
Should televangelism be made illegal then? If so, on what grounds?

Why wouldn't you care?
Because it's their money. I don't feel I have the right to tell them how to spend it.

Should televangelism be made illegal then? If so, on what grounds?
Of course not. Merely preaching on TV isn't a crime; scamming people out of their money is.

Because it's their money. I don't feel I have the right to tell them how to spend it.
So you don't believe fraud and scams should be illegal?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back