Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Try this!!

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Scott

Take two cups of cooked lightly buttered rice (white or brown) and add 2 or 3 tablespoons of Billiard's Lousiana Supreme hot sauce. Mix it through till the rice is an orangish color (the darker the spicier). Mmmmm.... its good!!

Scott said:
Take two cups of cooked lightly buttered rice (white or brown) and add 2 or 3 tablespoons of Billiard's Lousiana Supreme hot sauce. Mix it through till the rice is an orangish color (the darker the spicier). Mmmmm.... its good!!
Lol, I can tell you aren't from the south, we use alot of hotsauce.
Fix yourself some peas or beans and rice, and mustard greens, then sprinkle with the juice of pickled hot peppers. (Don't forget the cornbread)
It's so good!

Sounds great. I'll try it. Here is my recipe for Hot Green Chili:

HOT Green Chili

1 Pork Loin
2 to 3 cans diced Jalapeños
4 cans green chilies
1 jar Arriba Hot Roasted Green Salsa
4 cans pinto beans
1 white onion
Garlic powder or Garlic salt
2 teaspoons Salt
Cumin to taste
Marjoram to taste

Place Pork Loin, Chopped Onion, and Salt in covered roasting pan with water up to half of the roast and place in 400 degree oven until done. Remove Pork Loin from water and cool in refrigerator. Mix remaining water and onions from roasting pan with remaining ingredients into soup pan or crock pot. When Pork Loin Roast cools, divide in half and into bite sizes cubes and add to soup mixture. Save the other half of the Pork Loin Roast for another batch of Green Chili at a later date. Add cumin, marjoram, garlic power or garlic salt, and salt to taste.

If you would like to thicken the chili then add 1/3 cup to 1/2 cup of flour to just enough olive oil or vegetable oil to make a smooth paste that will dissolve in Green Chili. Cook on high stirring occasionally until thickened.

Serve in bowl with hot buttered flour tortillas on the side, and a nice cold drink of your favorite beverage. Cold Peach Flavored Tea can't be beat.

Wow! This should be stickied :-D

They all sound so good, especially the green chili, I love jalapeños.

Speaking of peppers. Has anyone tried chipotle tabasco sauce.

This is the greatest culinary invention ever. I use it in just about everything I cook. UMMMM good

KnarfKS said:
Speaking of peppers. Has anyone tried chipotle tabasco sauce.

This is the greatest culinary invention ever. I use it in just about everything I cook. UMMMM good

Is that the green stuff? If it is, then I know what you're talking about, if not... I'm missing out on good food, and that won't do!

For a different kind of hot:

- One pound of boneless, skinless chicken
- Two or three medium carrots
- One medium tomato
- Maybe half of a yellow onion, or so, diced.
- One green bell pepper (it can be red or yellow, but I use green because the color is more pleasing in this dish)
- One can of coconut milk
- Some honey. I dunno, maybe a couple tablespoons.
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped pineapple. Crushed works too, but it tends to dissolve, and I like the texture of chopped pineapple.
- Curry powder and salt to taste.

Slice up the chicken, carrots, onion, bell pepper, pineapple, and tomato. The tomato works best if you keep the chunks large - 16 pieces or so makes them a good size. Saute the carrots, onions and bell peppers in a skillet with a tablespoon or so of olive oil, until they're tender. I prefer mine a little bit crunchy, but it's up to you. When they're cooked, take them out and set them aside. Add a little more oil if necessary, and saute the chicken until it's cooked through. Remove that and set it aside, too.

Dump the coconut milk into the skillet, and add the honey, cooking over a medium-ish heat. Stir until the honey is well-blended with the coconut milk. Add the pineapple, and then curry powder and salt until you're pleased with it. I like mine moderately spicy, and use just enough salt to bring out the flavor. For those of you who like using measuring utensils, maybe a half-teaspoon of curry and a quarter-teaspoon of salt.

Add the tomatoes to the mix, and let it simmer for a few minutes. You'll probably want to thicken it a bit, so add a couple tablespoons of flour. (You don't dump the flour straight in, unless you want a big congealed flour wad in your sauce. Mix it with enough water to make it a thin paste, then add the paste to the sauce, stirring as you pour.)

When the sauce tastes yummy and is a good thickness (it should still be pretty thin, but not watery - the consistency of low-fat egg nog is a good target), add the chicken and veggies to it, and cook for about 5 minutes or so, until everything has absorbed some of the flavor of the sauce. Serve over basmatti rice.

Note that I generally don't use measuring utensils unless I'm baking, so all the amounts up there are random guesses based on what I think I did. Feel free to add more or less of something as per your tastes. :)

ArtGuy, I must say... that's brilliant. I'm so hungry right now after reading that.

Kefka said:
ArtGuy, I must say... that's brilliant. I'm so hungry right now after reading that.

Thanks. I've been on a Thai kick lately. It's surprisingly hard to make something involving coconut milk and curry that doesn't taste good.

Whoa! I am SO in! I'm gonna buy some on my next trip to the store for sure.

Back