Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

UFOs in the Bible

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Free said:
(THE) said:
The key word is "Biblical" yes I have,,, and am going through biblical hebrew trainging now.
Where at?

[quote="(THE)":2cyx0o5d]Ezekiel has never seen anything but a ox/horse cart
But he had certainly seen polished bronze metal and if it looked like amber, then it would make sense to use the word to describe the same colour he saw.[/quote:2cyx0o5d]

I study Hebrew at a couple places but I get much of schooling from bibles.org....great collection including Ginsberg Massorah text,,,and the strongs and much work from Bullinger.....Again you dont have to speak it word for word but you must become famialiar with it....

But he had certainly seen polished bronze metal and if it looked like amber, then it would make sense to use the word to describe the same colour he saw.

Again your Hebrew fails you,,,,see your thinking that amber means a color....It doesnt,,the word is taken form chashmal khash-mal' of uncertain derivation; probably bronze or polished spectrum metal:--amber.

There is not a Hebrew word ford the word "amber" as we know it in english.....

(THE) said:
I study Hebrew at a couple places but I get much of schooling from bibles.org....great collection including Ginsberg Massorah text,,,and the strongs and much work from Bullinger.....Again you dont have to speak it word for word but you must become famialiar with it...
I would guess that if you were formally studying Hebrew you'd want to do more that say. "I study Hebrew at a couple places..." That seems awful shallow.

RND said:
(THE) said:
I study Hebrew at a couple places but I get much of schooling from bibles.org....great collection including Ginsberg Massorah text,,,and the strongs and much work from Bullinger.....Again you dont have to speak it word for word but you must become famialiar with it...
I would guess that if you were formally studying Hebrew you'd want to do more that say. "I study Hebrew at a couple places..." That seems awful shallow.

No its not shallow,,,,,,I will be more then glad to share some good Hebrew websites,,,,but I will not put the particular name of a person I study without there...... Have you not seen what happens whens a persons names is diplayed on forums,,,,a bunch of internet bashing and the subject gets loss.......

Thats right he was using metaphors trying to describe something he couldnt know how to describe so he did the best he could. now when UFOs are reported there is a greater understanding for what is being observed but there is still a major struggle in it even with all of our technology. to be honest when i read ezekiel for the first time the first image that popped in my head was a UFO

samuel said:
To say that any of those verses is referring to UFOs is to insert your own meaning into the text. Certain persons saw things that they found difficult to describe and so they used metaphors and the like to try and do so. That is all we can say about those texts, nothing more.

I would go on to say relating the word of God! to some bunch of "startreck science fiction junk", is bordering on the Blasphemous. :naughty

harry1 said:
Thats right he was using metaphors trying to describe something he couldnt know how to describe so he did the best he could. now when UFOs are reported there is a greater understanding for what is being observed but there is still a major struggle in it even with all of our technology. to be honest when i read ezekiel for the first time the first image that popped in my head was a UFO

samuel said:
To say that any of those verses is referring to UFOs is to insert your own meaning into the text. Certain persons saw things that they found difficult to describe and so they used metaphors and the like to try and do so. That is all we can say about those texts, nothing more.

I would go on to say relating the word of God! to some bunch of "startreck science fiction junk", is bordering on the Blasphemous. :naughty

That how I see it ,,,,,now if ezekiel had seen rockets,,,planes,,,jets,,,helicopters,,,,,he would have been able to describe this round polished flying vehical in a waywould we better be able to understand....

i think if ezekiel had seen rockets, planes and other things he probably would have had a difficult time expaining what he sees.
can only imagine his reaction showing him microwave popcorn. it would have been called sorcery or demonic

I just wrote another topic, Biblical Lightning and Fire from Heaven, that goes into this subject. Just more Biblical proof for you to consider. :biggrin

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back