Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

"Unbroken"

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

jeff77

For Christmas I got tickets to the 1st showing of the movie "Unbroken" for my dad and me. While the movie was good, it did not even compare to the book. I read the book and listened to the audio version of it with my family last year on vacation.

A lot of people may have heard of Louis Zamperini's WW2 story by now, but if you haven't read the book you might not know of his amazing conversion to Christianity at a Billy Graham revival in California. In fact the last 1/4 of the book has to do with his new nature as a Christian. There was a brief mention of his commitment to God in the movie, but that was about it. I didn't expect much since it was directed by Angelina Jolie. I have heard that the Billy Graham Foundation is making another movie to cover what was left out.

Has anybody else read "Unbroken"? or have you heard of the story?

It's not unusual that a book is not transferred well to the big screen. Apparently this wasn't missed by the Golden Globes committee who snubbed the film entirely.
I think I'll wait for the DVD if that. I'm not at all a fan of Jolie.

No, I haven't, but now I know to only read the book, sounds like a good book to read over break!
Yeah, the book is so much better because it covers the whole story. What's interesting is that the book doesn't have a "Christian book" theme, it just tells Zamperini's story and not until much later in the book does he become a Christian. Hopefully the movie will inspire people to read the book...that way they can read about his Christian testimony.

Back