Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Bible Study Unforgiveable Sin

I

irishrain

Luk 12:1 In the mean time, when there were gathered together an innumerable multitude of people, insomuch that they trode one upon another, he began to say unto his disciples first of all, Beware ye of the leaven of the Pharisees, which is hypocrisy.

JESUS was talking to his disciples not the multitude, are you a disciple of HIS? Beware of the leaven (doctrine basically of the devil) Matt 23. ,the 8 woes,Matt 16:11-12

Luk 12:2 For there is nothing covered, that shall not be revealed; neither hid, that shall not be known.

Luk 12:3 Therefore whatsoever ye have spoken in darkness shall be heard in the light; and that which ye have spoken in the ear in closets shall be proclaimed upon the housetops.

The watchmen sat on the housetops looking out for the enemy. So when the watchmen see the enemy coming, which is Satan they give warning. The Watchmen are God's elect.

Luk 12:4 And I say unto you my friends, Be not afraid of them that kill the body, and after that have no more that they can do.

They may kill your flesh body, but can't do nothing to your soul.

Luk 12:5 But I will forewarn you whom ye shall fear: Fear him, which after he hath killed hath power to cast into hell; yea, I say unto you, Fear him.
hell is gehenna a burning garbage pit

Mat 10:28 And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

Luk 12:6 Are not five sparrows sold for two farthings, and not one of them is forgotten before God? ad are all numbered. Fear not therefore: ye are of more value than many sparrows[/color].
As a child of GOD your more valueable then a sparrow, HE's telling you not to worry.

Luk 12:7 But even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Fear not therefore: ye are of more value than many sparrows.

Luk 21:8 But there shall not an hair of your head perish.

Luk 12:8 Also I say unto you, Whosoever shall confess me before men, him shall the Son of man also confess before the angels of God:

confess is a witness for GOD, the whole world shall be chaseing after the Anti-Christ and his political system.

Luk 12:9 But he that denieth me before men shall be denied before the angels of God.
If you were to know the doctrine of the Pharisees and the Sadducees, you had better not deny CHRIST for the Fake Jesus.

Luk 12:10 And whosoever shall speak a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but unto him that blasphemeth against the Holy Ghost it shall not be forgiven.

So after your spiritual eyes have been open to the truth, and you have tasted of the truth of God Word with understanding, and then you blaspheme the Holy Spirit then that is unforgivable. So what this is saying, is that not every one can commit this unforgivable sin. Why? Because only God's elect can commit this sin.

Luk 12:11 And when they bring you unto the synagogues, and unto magistrates, and powers, take ye no thought how or what thing ye shall answer, or what ye shall say:
What synagogues? Satan’s synagogues! Those synagogues written of in Rev. 2.9.

Luk 12:12 For the Holy Ghost shall teach you in the same hour what ye ought to say.
This is speaking about a specific time when this shall happen.What is that hour? That is that hour spoken of in Rev. chapter 17, that states the 10 kings and rulers shall come to power only one hour with the son of perdition.
The hour of temptation. Rev 3:10

Mar 13:9 But take heed to yourselves: for they shall deliver you up to councils; and in the synagogues ye shall be beaten: and ye shall be brought before rulers and kings for my sake, for a testimony against them.
councils, synagogues, rulers and kings
God is going to use your mouth to speak the truth against all the world.

Mar 13:10 And the gospel must first be published among all nations.

Mar 13:11 But when they shall lead you, and deliver you up, take no thought beforehand what ye shall speak, neither do ye premeditate: but whatsoever shall be given you in that hour, that speak ye: for it is not ye that speak, but the Holy Ghost.

Who they? Those who think Satan is Jesus but is" instead of Jesus", for they don't know which one comes first.

Mar 13:12 Now the brother shall betray the brother to death, and the father the son; and children shall rise up against their parents, and shall cause them to be put to death.
Who is "Death"? It is one of Satan's names, therefore his government would be also a part of "Death", because it is made in his image (the body of 'Death', as opposed to the 'Body of CHRIST'). (See Daniel 2)
We can also see Satan's name "Death" in Revelations 6:8 and 1st Corinthians 15:54.

Rev 6:8
8 And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.

1 Cor 15:54 So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.

Also, this "to death" refers to these trials. For these who deliver the Election of Grace into the hands of these spurious ones, are under the deception, and shall think that they are doing that is right and good, thinking that they are 'saving them from going to hell'.

Mar 13:13 And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.
Hated because you won't worship their JESUS, because he's the fake.
endure unto the end, the 7th trumphet
Acts 2 we are given an example of the HOLY SPIRIT speaking threw CHRIST's deciples.
To summarize what we have just said, first of all, only God's elect can commit the unpardonable sin because that person has to know that the Holy Spirit wants to use them and speak through them. And recognize Satan standing in Jerusalem claiming to be GOD 2 Ths 2:4

Mat 12:31 Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men.
ALL manner of sin shall be forgiven!

Mat 12:32 And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come.

I completely disagree. Only unbelievers can commit the unpardonable sin. Blasphemy of the Holy Spirit is rejecting Jesus.

Luk 12:10 And whosoever shall speak a word against the Son of man,
it shall be forgiven him: but unto him that blasphemeth against the
Holy Ghost it shall not be forgiven.

You can dispute it, but it won't make it unwritten.

I don't disagree with the Word, as long as it is being rightly divided. :)

John 16:5-12
5 "But now I go away to Him who sent Me, and none of you asks Me, 'Where are You going?' 6 But because I have said these things to you, sorrow has filled your heart. 7 Nevertheless I tell you the truth. It is to your advantage that I go away; for if I do not go away, the Helper will not come to you; but if I depart, I will send Him to you. 8 And when He has come, He will convict the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment: 9 of sin, because they do not believe in Me; 10 of righteousness, because I go to My Father and you see Me no more; 11 of judgment, because the ruler of this world is judged.
NKJV

I agree with Irish "only God's elect can commit the unpardonable sin"
unbelievers absolutely are not capable to such a sin, because they do
not know the Holy Spirit. They can offend the Son of man, but cannot
offend the Holy Spirit, there can be absolutely no basis for offence.

The point that believers "cannot" offend escapes logic and the
absolutes of 'free will'. There are no overrules to free will.

The fact is that no one can commit the sin of blasphemy the Holy Spirit/Holy Ghost as the Pharisees was convinced that Jesus was power by the Devil to do all the miracles, healings and so on but we know that Jesus was impowered by the Holy Spirit. The Pharisees were the ones who committed the unforgiveable sin. The only way we could ever commit this sin is that Jesus would have to be on earth again, but it won't happen because God already served his purpose on earth in the person of the Lord Jesus Christ

Jesus never remarked that only the "elect" or the unbelievers, Pharisees, etc., were able to commit this unpardonable sin. It applies to anyone past present or future that attributes the miracles of God to the workings, signs and wonders of satan. That's what the unpardonable sin is, and is just as applicable to us today as it was 2000 years ago.It is accusing Him of working miracles by the aid of the devil--thus dishonouring the Holy Ghost.

Those that attribute the infilling of the Holy Ghost with the biblical evidence of speaking in tongues(is this not a miracle from God?) to that of the devil, are treading on this unpardonable sin.

How many sermons, volumes, have been written concerning it? And yet there is nothing more plain in all the Bible. It is neither more nor less than the ascribing those miracles to the power of the devil, which Christ wrought by the power of the Holy Ghost.

I agree with Irish "only God's elect can commit the unpardonable sin"
unbelievers absolutely are not capable to such a sin, because they do
not know the Holy Spirit. They can offend the Son of man, but cannot
offend the Holy Spirit, there can be absolutely no basis for offence.

At times it is really hard to believe that some folk would say what they say here.

The unpardonable sin has nothing to do with an offense. It has to do with accepting what Christ did for us at the cross. And if one dose not accept that you are not forgiven period. It does not matter if you are one of Gods elect or if you have never known God you can not be pardoned.

Really not to confusing at all. Actually quite simple.

true, the unpardonable sin cannot be committed by a true Christian. Someone who never knew Christ isn't committing the unpardonable sin, but not everyone that knows about Christ is elect, or believes in Him, and that's committing the unpardonable sin.

Speaking words against the Son of Man being forgiven whereas blaspheming against the Holy Ghost being unpardonable means blaspheming against Jesus' human form as being forgivable, but talking otherwise about His divinity as unforgivable, so long as you're doing it.

The Holy Spirit is a witness of who Christ is. The Pharisees were guilty of denying that witness, therefore denying Christ, blasphemy...they were not believers. This is a sin of unbelief (of which there is no excuse), in the face of the witness of the Holy Spirit, by whose wooing all come to Christ. The Lord bless you.

Haven't we gone over this like... one thousand times?

Blaspheme Of the Holy Spirit Applied To Israel Only

Hi Irishrain:

Thank you for starting this thread.

I would like to quote from your thesis statement of your hypothesis on this topic, but your premise is buried in among far too many verses of Scripture in the Opening Post (OP) of this thread. If the Topic Title is going to be “Unforgivable Sin,†then your first statement should be to that topic. The best I can offer is an explanation of what Scripture teaches on this subject, as your brief statements appear to hit over, under and all around the topic itself. You wrote,

Irishrain >> JESUS was talking to his disciples not the multitude, are you a disciple of HIS? Beware of the leaven (doctrine basically of the devil) Matt 23. ,the 8 woes,Matt 16:11-12

The optimal OP asks a question at the very bottom of the post to open the debate, while making that question the Topic Title. Every question you ask throughout your OP works to divide your potential advocates (supporters of your hypothesis) and adversaries (those opposing your premise) in the Debate into smaller and smaller groups. A single question at the end of your OP works to divide the entire group once into the two largest groups possible, which works to stimulate a healthy debate. Passing judgment on potential adversaries in the first few sentences is very much outside the boundaries of a superior OP on any topic.

The shortsightedness of your original premise is that Christ was indeed speaking to Israel only (Matthew 15:24) throughout the Four Gospels, while gathering (Matthew 12:30, Luke 11:23) members to the prophetic kingdom ‘bride’ (John 3:29) through the “gospel of the kingdom.†Matthew 4:23, Matthew 9:35, etc.. Do we preach that gospel message to anyone today? No. I explain the differences here ( http://www.christianforums.net/viewtopic.php?t=20385 ) in this Forum. John the Baptist and Christ were both preaching the same exact ‘gospel of the kingdom’ in Matthew 3:2 and Matthew 4:17, which Peter and the Twelve would carry to ISRAEL ONLY (Matthew 10:5-6) in Matthew 10:7. Israel of the flesh were the only ones who could blaspheme the Holy Spirit, by their refusal to accept the “Gospel of the Kingdom†and His testimony that began at Pentecost (Acts 2:1-4.) Christ was saying “yes†you can reject John the Baptist and even the Son (Matthew 17:12), but rejecting the ‘gospel of the kingdom’ from the Holy Spirit would be ‘strike three’ and you are “out!†Paul calls this Israel’s “Transgression†in Romans 11:11, which has nothing whatsoever to do with Paul’s “word of the cross†(1Corinthians 1:18) gospel message for today.

The Holy Spirit Himself seals us “IN†Him (Ephesians 1:13) for the ‘day of redemption’ (Ephesians 4:30*) and our lives are hidden with Christ ‘IN’ God. Colossians 3:3. You and I can 'grieve*' the Holy Spirit in the same verse, but that is altogether different. Note carefully that the kingdom disciples had to ‘endure to the end’ (Matthew 24:13) for salvation, which is a great contrast to anything Paul teaches concerning our mystery “body of Christ†saved by God’s grace through faith APART from works (Eph. 2:8+9). In short, only Israel of the flesh and kingdom disciples obeying the “gospel of the kingdom†could blaspheme the Holy Spirit, as this Biblical concept is connected directly to the three offerings of the “[]gospel of the Kingdom[/b]†through John the Baptist (from God; John 1:6), Christ (as the Son), and the Holy Spirit (beginning at Pentecost) in 1, 2, 3 strikes and you are ‘Out’ fashion.

Thank you again for starting this thread,

In Christ Jesus,

Terral

I think that this sin might be not only rejecting Jesus, but also commiting grave acts of depravity and sin in his name, thus completely contorting the word. It would be like doing black for the sake of white, and I think that one does this voluntarily, and one probably can't commit the unpardonable sin while not having bad intentions (I hope). Rejecting him, and yet doing selfish acts in his name.

Asaph said:
I completely disagree. Only unbelievers can commit the unpardonable sin. Blasphemy of the Holy Spirit is rejecting Jesus.

Hi, be prepared for a shock. Everyone can do this. See Luke 12:47-48, Hebrews 6:6, Psalms 19:13, King Saul both was given the Holy Spirit & then He removed Himself, Revelation 3:16-17 ones are 'spewed out', More VOMIT or SICKENING LOVE is seen in 2 Peter 2:20-22! :sad But notice what these ones had been hearing in verse 19! 2 Peter 2:19
Does that sound like today? (there are LOTS more, you want to read them? Matthew 4:4
---John

Back