Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

US mayor converts to Islam

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
T

truth_will_prevail

What does everyone think about the growth of Islam?

US mayor converts to Islam

MACON, Georgia: Macon Mayor Jack Ellis has converted to Islam and is now working to legally change his name to Hakim Mansour Ellis.

Ellis, who was raised Christian, said Thursday that he became a Sunni Muslim during a December ceremony in the west African nation of Senegal.

"You do it because it feels right," said Ellis. "To me it's no big deal. But people like to know what you believe in. And this is what I believe in."

Ellis said he has been studying the Quran for years and that his new religion was originally practiced by his ancestors before they were brought to North America as slaves.

At the request of his two of his daughters, Ellis said he will keep his last name the same.

Ellis has not ruled out future runs for elected office after his term expires this year. But he said he had not made any calculations for how his religious conversion might affect him politically. He said he is an American first and is proud to live in a country founded on religious freedom.

In January Rep. Keith Ellison took office as the first Muslim elected to the U.S. Congress. The Michigan Democrat was born in Detroit and converted to Islam while in college.

Ellis said Muslims should not be painted with a broad brush simply because of a few radicals.

"If anybody wants to know about Islam, I can hold an intelligent conversation," Ellis said. "What I've found is how little we know about the religion."

http://www.iht.com/articles/ap/2007/02/ ... -Islam.php

Newkid00 said:
No problem with me. Be happy, be free.

lol
Nothing to do with Islam but that's the same thing that drove the hippie mindset back in the 60's. Didn't work then, won't work now. I was in a commune when I too was a young man with a cause. All was great for a while until the rules and regs set in which mimicked the very establishment we were rebelling against. You can't be free within a society without law. Well, I suppose you could be a hobo to have maximum freedom. Or you could have maximum security as in being an inmate. The trick is a balance between the two. With freedom comes responsibilty to others. We're not hermits. "Live and let live" is fine until the other guy doesn't exactly follow the same definition I have. Then things get a bit sticky. His "freedom" and my "freedom" may differ. Therefore, back to the law again.

I'll bet your idea of freedom is exactly the same as we had back in the 60's. Ideas of utopia don't change much from generation to generation.

Trust me. It doesn't work. Been there done that.

Anyway, if you wish a thread could be started on this "live and let live", "To each his own" and "Be happy, be free" ideal.
I don't want to hijack this thread.

In January Rep. Keith Ellison took office as the first Muslim elected to the U.S. Congress. The Michigan Democrat was born in Detroit and converted to Islam while in college.

Ellis said Muslims should not be painted with a broad brush simply because of a few radicals.

Radicals, which radicals? And which Ellis, Jack or Keith, is this writer quoting that said this about radicals? If it is Jack I'm still leary of it.
The Muslim religion is an opressive religion and American politics are incompatable to it! No way can they be true to their religion and American politics at the same time!

Also, the writer of the article needs to look at American history!

Keith Ellis is NOT the first Muslim elected to congress!
http://www.christianforums.net/viewtopic.php?p=317481#317481

Keith Ellis lying to the infidels
http://www.christianforums.net/viewtopic.php?p=318496#318496

Back