Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

VERY IMPORTANT Bible Verse

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
J

Jay T

Romans 6:16 "Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness ?"
I believe that this Bible verse explains everything, from Adam & Eve to the Mark of the Beast scenerio, soon to come, before Jesus Christ comes again the 2nd time.
From Genesis to Revelation....has been the efforts of God, to bring mankind back, into obedience, to what He says to do.
To trust that God knows, what is best for you....even if you cannot see anything good, in the near future.

Satan's main efforts has been to keep mankind in DISobedience, to God's commandments....as revealed in Revelation 12:17.

OSAS (Once Saved, Always Saved) is satan's main deception to undermine God's Authority.
With the OSAS concept, which satan used against Adam & Eve in the garden of Eden, the impressional attitude was: 'disobey God, as it really will not effect your standing with Him, in the least'.

Satan's use of this 'doctrine' has been EXTREMELY successful throughout the history of mankind....in its many different forms.

The very essense of Romans 6:16 shows that there is no such thing as OSAS.

There is only obedience & disobedience.

Those are the only 2 roads to travel.....
the broad road, or the narrow road.....
Matthew 7:13 "Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide [is] the gate, and broad [is] the way, that leadeth to destruction, and MANY there be which go in thereat:
7:14 Because strait [is] the gate, and narrow [is] the way, which leadeth unto life, and FEW there be that find it".

AND ...this ties into what Jesus said in Matthew 24:37....
Matthew 24:37 "But as the days of Noah [were], so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
24:38 For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noah entered into the ark,
24:39 And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be".

QUESTION: How many were lost ?
How 'few' were saved ?

All I can suggest is.... 13:5 "Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates ?"
PRAY to God as never before....for HIM to reveal anything, that may be holding you back in your walk with HIM !

dont forget grace. it is about more than obedience. it is about love.

1: If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. 2: And if I have prophetic powers, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. 3: If I give away all I have, and if I deliver my body to be burned, but have not love, I gain nothing.
1 Cor. 13

belovedwolfofgod said:
dont forget grace. it is about more than obedience. it is about love.
Obedience-love-faith-grace-commandments of God....are all links in the chain of the Gospel Message.
They all must be there together.

which has primacy tho. what leads to what? what is the logical flow? and why?

I read some interesting points regarding "grace and "love" that made me think:

"Too many people are secret believers in 'easy grace' - that idea that
says "Hey, I'm only human, God will cut me some slack." And they
continue in their excuses and willful sin until their conscience becomes
seared and their heart hard. Then the judgement of God comes on them,
seemingly 'out of nowhere' and like Israel they rail and accuse God, or
His messengers that tried to warn them."

"What most people consider as 'love' is humanistic compromise"

"Sin in leadership is tolerated under the mask of 'respecting authority'
and sin among the ranks is overlooked because of 'love and acceptance.
' It is all too prevalent and it is deadly, because Jesus has not lowered
His standards. It is the 'pure in heart' that will see God."

Geo said:
I read some interesting points regarding "grace and "love" that made me think:

"Too many people are secret believers in 'easy grace' - that idea that
says "Hey, I'm only human, God will cut me some slack." And they
continue in their excuses and willful sin until their conscience becomes
seared and their heart hard. Then the judgement of God comes on them,
seemingly 'out of nowhere' and like Israel they rail and accuse God, or
His messengers that tried to warn them."
This is in fulfillment of Revelation 12:17.....
Revelation 12:17 "And the dragon (satan) was wroth (angry) with the woman (church), and went to make [WAR] with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ".

"What most people consider as 'love' is humanistic compromise"

"Sin in leadership is tolerated under the mask of 'respecting authority'
and sin among the ranks is overlooked because of 'love and acceptance.
' It is all too prevalent and it is deadly, because Jesus has not lowered
His standards. It is the 'pure in heart' that will see God."
In my travels thru many 'Christian' forum groups, I've seen such abuse in moderators, who refuse to allow others to read articles for themselves but I'm quick to say that this Christian forum is tolerant of others beliefs and opinions, AMEN !

Good points Jay T, personally I say "love" is a stretchable word,
and I assume it has as many levels of meanings as people
that express it. Or occassions where people use it it for their
purpose according to how they see fit. Then again, many "love"
their own understanding more than the truth of Jesus.

IF YE LOVE ME KEEP MY COMMANDMENTS. Already states
that this is based on "if" what will result in "then" we will keep...

or when I turn it around and look at "who" keeps them and would
see "who" are the ones that have true love for Him. Again it's the picky
people without the purity of it that inject "law" by their own understanding
in this and the result surprises nobody. What they inject is what
they get. But the pure at heart, and children not yet familar with
mind tricks theologians have to suffer know better, it's indeed true Love.

Jay T,

Seeing as the title of this topic is "VERY IMPORTANT Bible verse," I am curious as to which ones you think are unimportant.

Free said:
Jay T,

Seeing as the title of this topic is "VERY IMPORTANT Bible verse," I am curious as to which ones you think are unimportant.
Yes, I see your point.
Maybe I should rephrase that.

Maybe I should have said:
"A Very Important Bible verse, often overlooked and Ignored".

OR...."A Very Important Bible Verses tha spells the Difference Between Gaining Eternal Life, or Losing Out on Eternal Life".

But, make no mistake....I do believe in what Jesus Christ said:
Matthew 4:4 "But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God".

And, this is the fact ...that will cause so many people, who believed that they were Christians, to be lost, (Matthew 7:21-23).

What excuse will those people have, in the Day of God's Judgment ?

Back