Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

[__ Prayer __] VIP-Very Important Prayer

R

Ryu Wilder

My name is Joe, and I really need your prayers. About a month and ahalf ago, I moved in with two of my friends from work by the names of Rachel and Asher Doak. They are married and they had heard about how I was having a tough time with my rent up at my old apartment, and how the rent was almost $800 a month and I'm only covered for $637 a month in SSI, because I have Asperger's. So they offered me to move in with them and I would only pay them $200 a month for rent. Rachel has hydrocephalus which is a disability and she gets the same amount of money in SSI as I get. Her husband Asher alos has Asperger's, but has no job or SSI. Rachel and Asher loaned me $300 so I'd have money to do for the month of August and I used $150 to finally get myself a pet ferret, since Rachel said I could have a pet if I wanted one.

Right when they both loaned me the money, I told them that I would pay them back in full, as I had all intentions of doing so. If I promise a friend something, I never go back on my word. I also told Rachel that once I paid her off then I would have no need to borrow money come September, as I'd have my own spending money. Just yesterday, Rachel's father came over, since Rachel told him about the money she'd loaned me and he started getting upset with me and saying that I exploited his daughter, when in fact I had and still have all intentions of paying her back in September right in the beginning of the month. In my own opinion I can honestly tell that the man doesn't like me one bit.

When he was over, he demanded that I move my furniture into a storage unit or get rid of it, since I helped Rachel and Asher decorate their home with what little furniture I had. I let them use my furniture because I felt that it was best we all shared stuff, as the three of us are best friends. Also, Rachel and I are on EBT--which means we're on food stamps. Rachel's father told me I needed to keep my food stored seperately from hers and/or get a small refrigerator and just keep my food in that, and that I don't need to be eating any of their food, when the 3 of us always divide up what food we have and there's usually plenty for the next day, depending on what we make.

Finally, he told me that he would be mailing me a list of his own house rules and that I was to pay Rachel back, which, as stated before, I have already promised her I would, and then told me that he wanted me out of her and Asher's home as soon as possible. Personally I don't think the situation is one bit fair to me. Because I never exploited anyone, and I told Rachel I'd pay her back, no matter what. Rachel and Asher are both very intelligent individuals and living with them means alot to me, and what her father is asking of me is to practically pull money out of my rear end and get out of their house. Please forgive me for the way the last sentence sounded, but its the truth. He told me to start looking for a place to stay because living with Rachel and Asher was not a permanent option.

Keep in mind that I have no money as of right now and that to stay in an apartment I'd need first and last month's rent whereever I go. Rachel's dad called today and I told him I was in the process of looking for a place to go and he said with a really harsh tone "Keep looking.", and then the conversation ended. I know that in a way I messed up by borrowing the money, but in the same run, I did promise Rachel I'd pay her back. Her and Asher bought this home and they have had help from the family paying for it. All I'm asking right now is that her dad won't throw me out and he'll give me a chance to show him I'm not as bad of a person as he thinks I am. Rachel's mom has pretty much passed the same judgement on me and I just want them to see that I'm a good person and not some kind of sick person who would take advantage of someone for money or whatever. Please pray that her dad will change his mind about me.

well, someone said that the darkness is at its peak just before the morning. it seems you dont get along with the girls father, one of the best things you can do is have a sit down with the parent and your lady friend, and air out the whole issue. maybe the guy just got the news and thought that you were a con, if the issue never gets aired out, it will never be resolved. i for one encourage you to do this, and before you do so, have a prayer and let God know that you need His help as you go through, and believe. i think everything will be sorted out, if it goes well, praise the Lord, if he doesnt believe you, God will give you something else. i am in the same position, although my situation is work related.

have hope and never give up faith, and know that whatever happens happens for a reaosn, and that God is always with you everystep of the way.

Back