Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Bible Study Vows?

H

hesahama

Do vows work?
Or am I making the wrong kind of vows? Is there such a thing as a conditional vow?
I have been wondering if you must have a prerequisite in order for your vows to be accepted by God.

hesahama said:
Do vows work?
Or am I making the wrong kind of vows? Is there such a thing as a conditional vow?
I have been wondering if you must have a prerequisite in order for your vows to be accepted by God.

God does not require us to make vows. We are to live out our life in alignment with God's will.

hesahama said:
Do vows work?
Check out Numbers 30 if youre interested in starting a study about vows/oaths/covenants... :)

I had always interpreted Mt 5:33-34 to suggest that you shouldn't make any vows.
Why put yourself in danger of not fulfilling your side of the bargain. It sounds serious somehow.
I would focus more on mark 11:22-26, then trying to make a bargain.
Of course I could be wrong, and see the need to look in to this further.

yesha said:
I had always interpreted Mt 5:33-34 to suggest that you shouldn't make any vows.
Why put yourself in danger of not fulfilling your side of the bargain. It sounds serious somehow.
I would focus more on mark 11:22-26, then trying to make a bargain.
Of course I could be wrong, and see the need to look in to this further.

Really, so you did not [or will not] make a marriage vow?

People should not make marriage vows?

I guess that is why marriages don't last........there is no vow that needs to be kept......

Funny, I never heard about that........though I guess that is the witness [the fruit of our actions] of Christians to the world

Back