Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Walk in the Spirit

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Cturtle

Galatians 5:16
This
I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh. (Romans 13:14 - make no provision for the flesh - put on the Lord Jesus Christ (the Anointing of Jesus...1 Peter 2:11) ABP- And i say walk in the Spirit and in no way should you fulfill the desire of the flesh (some of the works of the flesh are described in vs 19-21

Galatians 6:7-9
7 Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.

8 For he that soweth to his flesh (fleshly desires) shall of the flesh reap corruption (decay, ruin (spontaneous or inflicted)....the way to turn this around is to put away from us a deceitful (crooked, froward, perverse..not just sexually but anything that is not in line with the Word) mouth (prov. 4:24) for out of the abundance of the heart (inner man) the mouth speaks (mt 12: 34a-35) sin starts as a thought or a desire (James 1:14-15) (in other words we open the door to sin and for the devil to take a shot at us that he didn't have coming. We open the door to frustration and an unnecessary battle); but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting.
9 And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.
10 As we have therefore opportunity, let us do good unto all men, especially unto them who are of the household of faith.

Galatians 5:24
And they that are Christ's have crucified(extinguish or resist, destroy its power by resisting, because Jesus already destroyed its power or authority over us on the cross. In order for sin to have authority over us is we have to allow it. Sometimes resisting is difficult especially in the begining, and can be painful to our emotions. But in order for us to resist we have to make our flesh and emotions submit to the Word of God. This type only comes out by prayer and fasting) the flesh with the affections and lusts.

18 For if I build again the things which I destroyed (2 Cor 5:17; Romans6:4-14, 8:11; Col 2:12; 3:10 Hebrews 12:1; Phil 3:10-11; Eph 4:24), I make myself a transgressor? (Violater, law breaker (because our justification comes through faith not the works of the law (vs 16) .
19 For I through the law am dead to the law, that I might live unto God(Ro 7:4; 14:7; 2 Cor 5:15; 1 Thess 5:10; Heb 9:14; 1 Peter 4:2).
20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.
21 I do not frustrate (disesteem, reject or violate) the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain (for nothing).

Blessings of grace and peace be yours in abundance

Back