Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Growth Walking

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
The word of God says you will pay a price. Can you be trusted with trouble?

Confirming the souls of the disciples, and exhorting them to continue in the faith, and that we must through much tribulation enter into the kingdom of God. Acts 14:22 NKJV

staying on that straight and narrow path without stumbling to one side or the other, but praise the Lord His grace always sets my feet straight on that narrow path again and again.

Stupid flesh.............:chair

What do you think is the toughest part of the christian walk?
Hey All,
Trying to be perfect.

Matthew 5:48
Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

This is the command of Jesus.
I cannot do this.
I cannot be perfect.
I feel like a continuous failure before God.
It is so frustrating to try and fail, try and fail, ad nauseam.
But I will get up tomorrow, Lord willing, and try again.

Why do I do this?

John 6:68
Then Simon Peter answered him, Lord, to whom shall we go? thou hast the words of eternal life.

Keep walking everybody.
May God bless,
Taz

What do you think is the toughest part of the christian walk?

Some good responses to this old thread. Resurfaced by accident due to a programming flaw, but praise God for working in mysterious ways.

My answer would be that the toughest part(s) of the Christian walk are

1. The loneliness, and
2. The stresses of one's calling

Both can be endured when you have surrendered, but much like with the other answers given, they require dying to the self that Christ may live.

The war against the flesh .

Galatians 5
16 This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.
17 For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.

Back