Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Growth Want to know the Truth?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Then ask God for it. When you come to scripture that you do not understand, don't seek man's view or opinion. Go directly to the source of God's Word, Him!

I am not qualified to teach the Word of God.Although the Holy Spirit has given me discernment to recognize false teachers and a good teacher when I see it.I am Blessed for that.That is why I often post answers from "Got Questions" because I have been studying on that site and all of the scripture that they post to back up their teachings. I trust what they have to say.I respect their teachings.I am very,very fussy who teaches me the Word of God.Those false teachers and there are many,many out there will be judged for confusing the true literal Word of God to many who they teach.I would just want to say I am not qualified and not take on that responsibility because those teachers will be judged more harshly than others.
What is very very important is THE TRUTH.

Last edited:
Yeah, I don't think that I am always going to get the correct interpretation of what God's Word says. So I do consult with others that I and many others have considered to be men of God. Mostly the writing of the early church followers and the Reformers. They have had more time in the word, access to many MSS, knowledge of the original languages, and personally consulted with men of their time and their writings.

I am not qualified to teach the Word of God.Although the Holy Spirit has given me discernment to recognize false teachers and a good teacher when I see it.I am Blessed for that.That is why I often post answers from "Got Questions" because I have been studying on that site and all of the scripture that they post to back up their teachings. I trust what they have to say.I respect their teachings.I am very,very fussy who teaches me the Word of God.Those false teachers and there are many,many out there will be judged for confusing the true literal Word of God to many who they teach.I would just want to say I am not qualified and not take on that responsibility because those teachers will be judged more harshly than others.

This is true that those who teach will be judged more harshly, but someone must teach the Truth or all will be misled.
What is Truth? Thy Word oh LORD is Truth, says Jesus, for Jesus, The Word is the Way, the Truth and the Life and nobody can come to the Father, unless they can handle the Truth and allow the Jesus into their fleshly heart.

I too have discernment of good and evil given by the Spirit of God. Able to eat strong meat of the Word. I study only with the Father eating from His table the Bread of life from the Upper Room if you know what I mean.
Oh, I may listen to others and feed upon their bread as well, but I always make sure it is of the One Loaf, One Word, same Jesus in other words, the Bread of life.
I would never willingly deceive or mislead anyone and the Lord is my witness to that!
It is not good for you to put all your trust in man's understanding, for they too are fallible, but there is quite a difference between someone intentionally teaching falsely to destroy souls, and one who may just not have a clear understanding from God's Word who may have taught something in ignorance, wouldn't you say?
If no one stepped out to teach those who never open their Bible, then there would be no one to teach. I don't know of any minister that has all knowledge in perfectness, do you? It is because we are all growing in Christ.

Edited... on the edge of 2.5 and 2.14 also this is not a debate forum.. reba
Joh 21:1 After these things Jesus shewed himself again to the disciples at the sea of Tiberias; and on this wise shewed he himself.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gary,
I am saying that if someone does not take the gospel of the kingdom of God to bring men to the Truth, then they will be misled and be destroyed. But God expects us to seek Him for the meaning of His Word, not for us to lean only on man's view or opinion as their only truth.
Eve was deceived because she received her Word from Adam, second hand, instead of directly from God, and ate accidentally from the wrong tree.

Gary,
I am saying that if someone does not take the gospel of the kingdom of God to bring men to the Truth, then they will be misled by being destroyed.

This is not entirely true. There are many who find God even though they're not searching for Him. Man is not the only way in which the knowledge of God is conveyed to men.

This is not entirely true. There are many who find God even though they're not searching for Him. Man is not the only way in which the knowledge of God is conveyed to men.
Isn't the great commission for those who follow Christ to go into all the world and preach the gospel of the kingdom of God is at hand? That is the believer's work. There may be many ways of God getting His Word to the world, but Jesus told us to do it. When we participate in these posts, and we whip out the Word of God to prove Truth, we are actually in training as Christian soldiers, for the Word of God is our sWord that we fight the good fight of faith with. It builds up the temple of God which we are, and the sooner the body raises up, the sooner the Head who is seated on the right hand(literally on) of God, can stand up!

1Ti 2:13 for Adam was first formed, then Eve,
1Ti 2:14 and Adam was not deceived, but the woman, having been deceived, into transgression came,

Adam knew he was transgressing, but Eve transgressed because she was deceive [lied to] by satan.

So then faith cometh by HEARING and HEARING by the word of God.
She said some one has to teach the word.....This has nothing to do with finding God
Such as you saw in your post #5

This forum is dedicated to spiritual growth and inspiration.
This is not a debate forum

closed for moderator review...

Not much left here... Be respectful of the 'stickies' , and the idea of the forum... The personal attacks will result in privileges being revoked ...reba...

Last edited:
Want to know the Truth? The truth is that good Christians can disagree about all kinds of stuff provided they remember to love each other as themselves.

We need to be immersed in the Bible as much as we possibly can so that when we are teaching or when we are reading or hearing the teachings of others, the Word that is abiding in us allows us to discern truth from error. Praying to God for understanding is also part of it, as is coming to the Word with the intent of encountering God. Moreover, it is helpful to encourage others to do the same, by word and by example. God bless! :shades

Last edited:

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back