Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Warning Mormon site claims to be Christian!

M

MISFIT

Don't be fooled...

[youtube:3fpwm8mu]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5jaOE8veq8[/youtube:3fpwm8mu]

:o wow, how much hair or hair product can a guy have :rolling

Trying to be on point (seriously can't get past that guy :biglaugh ) this seems to be the new tactic mormons are using - we are all christians - ya- de- dah. :nono

I watch Glen Beck every day and he is starting to do it, although with him I can understand where he is coming from - political.

This is why Christians need to test everything, know what they believe, why they believe it, so when they come across things that are supposed to be 'christian' but are not, they can see it's wrong.

Ginger said:

Trying to be on point (seriously can't get past that guy :biglaugh ) this seems to be the new tactic mormons are using - we are all christians - ya- de- dah. :nono

I watch Glen Beck every day and he is starting to do it, although with him I can understand where he is coming from - political.

This is why Christians need to test everything, know what they believe, why they believe it, so when they come across things that are supposed to be 'christian' but are not, they can see it's wrong.

Hey now that's my good buddy Shawn. Just kidding I give him a hard time about his hair all the time, you should have seen his beard. :lol Seriously though he's a great guy and has dedicated his life to helping Mormons find the true Jesus, if you want to see his show check out,http://www.hotm.tv, you can watch old shows and see new ones live on Tuesdays at 8pm mountain time.

MISFIT said:
Ginger said:

Hey now that's my good buddy Shawn. Just kidding I give him a hard time about his hair all the time, you should have seen his beard. :lol Seriously though he's a great guy and has dedicated his life to helping Mormons find the true Jesus, if you want to see his show check out,http://www.hotm.tv, you can watch old shows and see new ones live on Tuesdays at 8pm mountain time.

oops sorry :oops

I guess a lot of guys would be jealous with that hair. Me as a gal would love to have hair styling tips from him, I have no idea how all that hair stays 'up'!

I'm glad he's done this - good on him for having a heart for the Lord in wanting to show others to Christ :thumb
Which is why I believe one of the reasons we as Christians, and even before we are saved go through a lot of different and hard trials, so we can come along side people as we have been where there are, so we can relate the best to share the gospel with them.

His ministry is great, and it amazing to watch him take abuse from the mormon community week after week and he just keeps going.

Sometimes I wonder if they know they aren't Christian. Seeing them live lives based on false truths makes my heart ache.

Hey Misfit,
Kudos for living in the state of Utah, I just escaped from there about two years ago. I grew up Mormon. I am the youngest of nine children, my father, a pedophile, was in the Aaronic priesthood.

I got saved when I went to a church in California, I had never been to another church before and was amazed when I heard the truth.

I will be praying for you, I can't tell you how wonderful it is to live in another state. There are a lot of Christians here. I really don't think people outside Utah know how oppressive it is. I will be praying for you brother, and your friend.

And I like the way God made his hair!!! Some people maybe are jealous of how much he has perhaps??? :shrug

Kelli said:
Hey Misfit,
Kudos for living in the state of Utah, I just escaped from there about two years ago. I grew up Mormon. I am the youngest of nine children, my father, a pedophile, was in the Aaronic priesthood.

I got saved when I went to a church in California, I had never been to another church before and was amazed when I heard the truth.

I will be praying for you, I can't tell you how wonderful it is to live in another state. There are a lot of Christians here. I really don't think people outside Utah know how oppressive it is. I will be praying for you brother, and your friend.

And I like the way God made his hair!!! Some people maybe are jealous of how much he has perhaps??? :shrug

Thanks Kelli, glad you came out of Mormonism. I was never LDS but my wife was. She was when we got married and then I found Jesus led to a lot fighting between us she almost left me, but GOD works wonders and she found him too. I also doubt people that have not lived here know just how bad it is, it's really like living in another country. Glad to know someone here that really knows what I'm talking about when it comes to Utah and Mormonism.

PEACE~MISFIT

BTW I'll tell Shawn you like is hair next time I talk to him. :lol

Yeah, I know God must have you there for a reason. You must be a stronger person than I am. It's funny, I grew up in the Mormon church but I don't really feel led to minister to them. You would think since I was kind of a "insider" God would want to use me that way... :shrug Our ways are not His way.

I am so happy your wife found Jesus! Was she a "jack Mormon" or was she "active" (Mormon lingo) teehee.

I am praying for you. I used to be the Children's ministry director at Calvary Chapel Salt Lake (when it was smaller and located in Sandy) I do miss my friends from there, but not the culture.

I love calvary chapel SLC! They have some great concerts down there, I'm in the Ogden area myself. My wife was somewhere in between a jack and an active. She didn't really know a lot of the deep doctrine like men becoming Gods that was some of what helped her leave. I really don't know if I'm meant to witness to the LDS I try but I get rather angry if I talk to them for to long and then I just make things worse. I know GOD has me here for a reason I just need to find what it is. ;)

Next time Calvary sponsors classes about Mormonism make it a date to be there. :yes

Yeah, they do have great concerts. So you said you live in the Ogden area. The last place I lived in Utah was Logan. My husband graduated from USU. It is a beautiful state with a lot of fun outdoor activities. I would love to live there, Colorado is beautiful, but we only have mountains on one side. In Salt Lake you are surrounded, I miss those mountains.

I remember a long time ago (about ten years) I went on to a Christian forum and asked for prayer for the oppression there, someone wrote back to me and said "there is oppression everywhere not just in Utah" I don't think people have a clue how it is.

I keep praying there will be a huge revival in Utah! Wouldn't that be so cool if the high ups in the Mormon church got saved! I think that happened in another denomination (was it the Church of Christ???) Where they had some truth but not the grace part (the most important part) then one of the high up guys got saved, and now they are a born-again denomination!

any way a girl can dream can't she!

Keep on keepin on. You are on my prayer list.

Love Kelli

Kelli said:
Yeah, they do have great concerts. So you said you live in the Ogden area. The last place I lived in Utah was Logan. My husband graduated from USU. It is a beautiful state with a lot of fun outdoor activities. I would love to live there, Colorado is beautiful, but we only have mountains on one side. In Salt Lake you are surrounded, I miss those mountains.

I remember a long time ago (about ten years) I went on to a Christian forum and asked for prayer for the oppression there, someone wrote back to me and said "there is oppression everywhere not just in Utah" I don't think people have a clue how it is.

I keep praying there will be a huge revival in Utah! Wouldn't that be so cool if the high ups in the Mormon church got saved! I think that happened in another denomination (was it the Church of Christ???) Where they had some truth but not the grace part (the most important part) then one of the high up guys got saved, and now they are a born-again denomination!

any way a girl can dream can't she!

Keep on keepin on. You are on my prayer list.

Love Kelli

It true unless your here or have been here you really don't know what it's like. EG tonight the local fox affiliate says they will not show the new Ozzy Osborne show until after midnight, I didn't plan to watch it but still kinda dumb. As for revival in Utah it's happening! The population of Christians is growing and the number of LDS is going down, in fact the Church I attend started out just over 3 years ago in a house with less than 15 people. Now we have two locations with three services, and they are full there are new people all the time.

And the Church you are thinking of is the World Wide Church of God, I had a friend that was raised in it, his family unfortunately are some of the ones that did not like it when the church's leaders found the one true GOD and they left, but praise GOD for the rest of them. I would love to see the same thing happen in the LDS church.

Thanks for posting that, Misfit. Very informative video. Man, I thought Bill Clinton was slick. He has nothing upon the Mormons!! :crazy

Oh yeah...and the guy has cool hair. :lol

You have no idea just how sneaky they can be. Have you ever seen one of their TV ads for a free Bible, Book of Mormon or video? They do send it to you for free but what they don't tell you on TV is that it's hand delivered by two LDS missionaries who will do everything they can to get you baptized mormon.

MISFIT said:
You have no idea just how sneaky they can be. Have you ever seen one of their TV ads for a free Bible, Book of Mormon or video? They do send it to you for free but what they don't tell you on TV is that it's hand delivered by two LDS missionaries who will do everything they can to get you baptized mormon.

Not true. You can have it mailed. I thought about being LDS a while back.

Jasmin said:
MISFIT said:

Not true. You can have it mailed. I thought about being LDS a while back.

If you can have it mailed now they changed it, because they have in the past always sent it with missionaries. And I guarantee you even if you have it mailed they will still send Missionaries to your house. Once they have your name and address they never stop. I still get them here even and I'm known here as an "anti."

I requested one four months ago and I haven't gotten any missionaries. Maybe just my rural area yet. I am not endorsing them by any means.

Back