Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Warning Mormon site claims to be Christian!

i ordered one (hoping to snare a few Mormons) but a few weeks later it was in my mail box. However they did eventually come to my house a few months later.,Strange because i live in the middle of no ware.

The guy in the video is going off about how sneaky this website is, but on the front page of the web site is says that the founder of the website is LDS. Just read this list of topics of the website and it the Mormon missionary discussions all roled up. Nothing sneaky about it other than to say "this web site is specifically designed for people interested in learning more about all faiths and Christianity in general." Cetainly its only interest is to promote the LDS faith.

Anyone spending more than a few moments on the website will discover that it's LDS. But, it looks clear that they want to at least have a few moments of your time before you figure it out.

kdexlds said:
The guy in the video is going off about how sneaky this website is, but on the front page of the web site is says that the founder of the website is LDS. Just read this list of topics of the website and it the Mormon missionary discussions all roled up. Nothing sneaky about it other than to say "this web site is specifically designed for people interested in learning more about all faiths and Christianity in general." Cetainly its only interest is to promote the LDS faith.

How about the use of Christian symbols and the lack of LDS ones?

I in no way, shape, or form adhere to the teachings of the LDS.

Matthew 23:9 says And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven.

So this guy doesn't know what he's saying by saying we're not His children.

As far as pre-mortal existence. I don't know anything about it but I have always believed personally in what I call the Parable of the Soda.

When the cans are made are they filled with soda immediately? No they are not. When the soda is made is it immediately filled in the can? No. Such is the body and spirit. The can hath existed before the filling of it with the soda, but the soda hath long existed before being filled into the can.

The soda is the spirit which has existed long before being put into use. But the can exists temporarily without soda/spirit and is only a shell.

MISFIT said:
Kelli said:
Hey Misfit,
Kudos for living in the state of Utah, I just escaped from there about two years ago. I grew up Mormon. I am the youngest of nine children, my father, a pedophile, was in the Aaronic priesthood.

I got saved when I went to a church in California, I had never been to another church before and was amazed when I heard the truth.

I will be praying for you, I can't tell you how wonderful it is to live in another state. There are a lot of Christians here. I really don't think people outside Utah know how oppressive it is. I will be praying for you brother, and your friend.

And I like the way God made his hair!!! Some people maybe are jealous of how much he has perhaps??? :shrug

Thanks Kelli, glad you came out of Mormonism. I was never LDS but my wife was. She was when we got married and then I found Jesus led to a lot fighting between us she almost left me, but GOD works wonders and she found him too. I also doubt people that have not lived here know just how bad it is, it's really like living in another country. Glad to know someone here that really knows what I'm talking about when it comes to Utah and Mormonism.

PEACE~MISFIT

BTW I'll tell Shawn you like is hair next time I talk to him. :lol

Good morning all.

I had a similar situation as you Misfit. I was a Christian quite a few years before meeting my wife. I met her through her cousin, all of which were Mormons. Like most main stream Mormons, she didn't know the deeper things into Mormonism. We also had our discussions about the differences between Christianity and Mormonism.

Shortly after we were married I baptized her in the name of Jesus Christ according to Act 2:38, Mark 16:16, and John 3:5. After receiving the gifts of the Holy Spirit through baptism her eyes were wide open to the deceptions of the Mormon church. We today have videos and youtube videos on Mormonism that we share with members of the Mormon church, those that will get their heads out of the sand and really watch them of course.

Just in case no one figured it out yet. MISFIT has been banned, he was one of the better people are to grace this board. It is a real shame :verysad

Seeing them live lives based on false truths makes my heart ache.

False truths??? Now that's an oxymoron which I've never heard before!

Back