Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Was 'Reconstruction' a myth?Black people were never fully emancipated,proper assilmilation was never reached.My question from a christian perspective.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
This is a question for anyone properly educated on the Reconstruction era,not for people who get there information from FOX,or MSNBC.What was it that happened that federal control/troops were removed from the former confederate states?.When federal control was removed,the former confederate states implemented their old ways,but in different forms.Laws were passed in disfavor of black folks,making it easier to put blacks in jail,or get them sent to the county work farm(slaves again),or hung from a tree.Black children always got the worst schooling,making them look dumb,and also controlling blacks as a labor force.Eventually blacks had to take upon themselves to create there own schools and colleges,and economic enclaves.With the 'Reconstruction' era cutshort,a psychology/mindset of 'Your not supposed to do that to other folks' was never established in the minds of white folks.Enlighten me?.

Reconstruction failed because of two things .

The south resisted ,two primarily the democratic majority forced the end to it .

Said laws also existed outside of the Confederate states .parts of the north had laws like that .

In federal levels blacks couldn't share the same things with these .ranks in the military,jobs ,bathrooms . It becomes such a problem that In WW2 the blacks saw the British freedom and took arms to enjoy said permitted freedoms for them in the empire ,said rebellion was quelled and kept quiet.

Post war florida has some stories . Eau gallie now part of Melbourne was a freeman colony that failed .

Reconstruction was a failure. Corruption was rampant. The KuKluxKlan was a result of the bigotry of the period. The seeds of bigotry against Black people during Reconstruction continues until this present day

Then there are the people that think the Civil War solved everything,Oh Boy!.In places like Mississippi if you was a "Hill Country White",you weren't no better than a black person in the eyes of the ruling class(Plantation Owners).It just wasn't about the blacks,it was about controlling the labor force.All the seeding of more divisivness we were seeing on the alphabet news sources after the death of George Floyd is when I stopped watching the news.And then there is the argument over 'Confederate Statues'.I had to learn on my own that those statues were erected 100 years after the Civil War was over, by the 'Daughters of the Confederacy'as a middle finger to emancipation.The media sources of division didn't enlighten me as to real reason for the statues,something about a 'Lost Cause'.I don't even want to start on L.B.J's "Great Society Project"(Disaster),which wrecked black communties/families.It is 'Sick' what has been to all of us by the Federal Goverment,and the Media.If black people want to be mad at somebody,they need to direct their anger at the federal goverment.White people are victims of all of this,just as much as blacks.

Then there are the people that think the Civil War solved everything,Oh Boy!.In places like Mississippi if you was a "Hill Country White",you weren't no better than a black person in the eyes of the ruling class(Plantation Owners).It just wasn't about the blacks,it was about controlling the labor force.All the seeding of more divisivness we were seeing on the alphabet news sources after the death of George Floyd is when I stopped watching the news.And then there is the argument over 'Confederate Statues'.I had to learn on my own that those statues were erected 100 years after the Civil War was over, by the 'Daughters of the Confederacy'as a middle finger to emancipation.The media sources of division didn't enlighten me as to real reason for the statues,something about a 'Lost Cause'.I don't even want to start on L.B.J's "Great Society Project"(Disaster),which wrecked black communties/families.It is 'Sick' what has been to all of us by the Federal Goverment,and the Media.If black people want to be mad at somebody,they need to direct their anger at the federal goverment.White people are victims of all of this,just as much as blacks.
You must not live in the south with those .

I have photos of them in Monticello fl , Moultrie ga and I know Tallahassee likely had one ,Quincy and Madison FL have them .these all are by court houses

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back