Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

We are ALL sinners

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Nikki

Please remember that we are ALL sinners. Even us that are saved. Just because we are saved does NOT make us perfect.

I see so many people on here trying to condemn others for certain sins or acting like one sin is so much worse than the other. A sin is a sin. And we are ALL sinners. Lets try to stop looking for the worst in each other and instead try looking for the GOOD in each other.

That's all. :angel:

Edited to say that there is ALWAYS prayer. Prayer works so much better than confronting a person with "The bible says you're bad for doing this or that. You're going to hell if you don't stop this or that.......etc".

Prayer is an easy way for us to allow GOD to help the person. Plus, it may be US (you) that needs God more than the person that you're trying to condemn. Love and kindness is a much more productive way of reaching others. Hatred gets us nowhere.

Good post!

More love and less judgement is how you "convert" someone.

destiny said:
Very true Nikki, point taken!! I've missed seeing you around lately. :sad

I took a break from here for a while. Sometimes that is what helps me most. Just get away and clear my mind before I say something that I'll regret. I've been known to be outspoken and that's not always a good thing...
:lol:

We went to church today (one that we have visited in the past and I keep getting drawn back to it). It's a very small church. The preacher is so wonderful though! He reminded everyone today how we are ALL sinners. He also reminded us that sometimes it takes a while for a non-believer (or even someone that has backslid) to ask Jesus into their hearts and for Jesus to help them overcome their weaknesses. He has has so much more success by NOT pressuring people to believe something. Instead, he prays for God to work on them and give him the strength to have patience with them and give him the knowledge of the right things to say to them.

So, I just thought I'd share. :biggrin

We went to church today (one that we have visited in the past and I keep getting drawn back to it). It's a very small church. The preacher is so wonderful though! He reminded everyone today how we are ALL sinners. He also reminded us that sometimes it takes a while for a non-believer (or even someone that has backslid) to ask Jesus into their hearts and for Jesus to help them overcome their weaknesses. He has has so much more success by NOT pressuring people to believe something. Instead, he prays for God to work on them and give him the strength to have patience with them and give him the knowledge of the right things to say to them.

Sounds like a good preacher to trust.

Nikki said:
destiny said:
Very true Nikki, point taken!! I've missed seeing you around lately. :sad

I took a break from here for a while. Sometimes that is what helps me most. Just get away and clear my mind before I say something that I'll regret. I've been known to be outspoken and that's not always a good thing...
:lol:
Nikkie if theres one thing I admire about you it's your openness, I don't have that quality....at all.
You also lighten things up here and make me laugh...even if I don't always reply, I usually read.
I doubt if anyone here has ever gotten offended with anything you've said.

Maybe someone can tell which verse this is. It says that if you break one of the laws, then you break them all. So that proves your point, Nikki. There is another verse that comes to mind, I can't recall its exact location either but it says that what is impossible for man is possible for God. :wink:
God Bless and Keep You

ChristineES said:
Maybe someone can tell which verse this is. It says that if you break one of the laws, then you break them all. So that proves your point, Nikki. There is another verse that comes to mind, I can't recall its exact location either but it says that what is impossible for man is possible for God. :wink:
God Bless and Keep You

James 2:10 For whoever keeps the whole law and yet stumbles at just one point is guilty of breaking all of it.

I guess it is just as well that we are not under the law.

mutzrein said:
ChristineES said:
God Bless and Keep You

James 2:10 For whoever keeps the whole law and yet stumbles at just one point is guilty of breaking all of it.

That is true. Thank you for posting that verse. :)

Soma-Sight said:
Good post!

More love and less judgment is how you "convert" someone.

I am sorry to be nit picky but Christians "convert" no one. God and God alone is to convert, Christians are called to witness only.

As for the words of Nikki...I agree. Keep in mind that even though one is not to judge another they are to rebuke them in love with the guide of the Holy Spirit.

Soma-Sight said:
Good post!

More love and less judgement is how you "convert" someone.

Soma,

Maybe you should stop for a moment and take your own advice. Posting links that look for nothing but the bad in people is completely contradicting your agreement with my post.

mutzrein said:
ChristineES said:
God Bless and Keep You

Salvation. No criteria. So we're ALL saved ...yippee!

I DO agree with the OP, however.

SputnikBoy said:
mutzrein said:
ChristineES said:
God Bless and Keep You

Salvation. No criteria. So we're ALL saved ...yippee!

I DO agree with the OP, however.

All saved? No Criteria? Who said that?

Back