Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Well i finally did it....

John said:
I am quite far away from Anchorage. But thanks for the article, i may just take a trip there to view this marvel :D

Those things fascinate me!

The geological aspects of Whitehorse are another thing that draws me there. I have always been a rock hound and Whitehorse is perfect. Fossils, Extinct volcanoes, dormant volcanoes, gold and other metals, crystals etc all can be found there.

I can just picture it now.... in a canoe with my German shepherd and my climbing and rock hunting gear going down a river into the unknown, haha :lol

Ahhhhh the peace and quiet, canoeing, fishing and camping along the river. I collect rocks myself, got this huge piece that weighs about 40 lbs. of solid clear crystal quarts from a cave. It's kind of hard to handle cause of all the crystal spears jetting out of the the piece....but it's nice. Got several pieces through the years. I got this one piece that's my favorite, and the only way I can explain it is that it looks like a giraffe egg. It's about the size of an ostrish egg, good size piece, and marked just like an giraffe, and found a giraffe stand to hold it....one of my favorites!

But I saw something really cool on the boob tube last night, that I would love to do. It was out in California in San Francisco Bay....my homeland. On the beach they have glass hunting. From all the years people threw bottles out in the ocean and they break and the current rolls them in with the sand and frost the glass. All colors, and I couldn't believe it, but colors like red glass, orange glass....little pieces go for 25 to 50 dollars of a piece about the size of a nickle. They were getting out on the beach in wet suits and as the waves went out, where ever there looked like gravel accuminlating was where the glass was and they would just grab it by the hand fulls and run up on the beach to go through it and collected some beautiful colors. Then they turn around and sell it, apparently there's a high demand for frosted glass from the sea, and people buy it to make jewelry, artwork, and some just collect to keep as is. People are really serious about glass hunting, but it look like alot of fun, like treasure hunting! They say in a day you can make up to $600.00 collecting and saling the glass to buyers. This lady got one piece of glass and it was frosted good but had a date from it being the bottom of a bottle, 1873 which made the piece go for a couple of hundred dollars.

Carol....we just did that 2 summers ago! It was a beach in northern CA called "Glass Beach", we have a whole bowl of that glass and you are right it's beautiful! I didn't know it was worth money!!

Well after crunching the numbers i figure i need $10,000 CAD to make everything work out.

I should be able to pull this off. I can't wait :D

Spiffy said:
Carol....we just did that 2 summers ago! It was a beach in northern CA called "Glass Beach", we have a whole bowl of that glass and you are right it's beautiful! I didn't know it was worth money!!

I hope you still have them......if you got red, orange, or yellow, those are the expensive pieces. But they also have this stuff (probably in a "good" craft store) that looks like silver puddy, and you can form it and put little designs in it, and place your piece(s) of colored glass in and wrap a thin piece around the glass to frame it and blend it in to the back piece that rest against your neck, and when it's heated like under a hand held blow torch (like from Home Depot or Lowe's), once you heat it up it turns to solid silver. Makes beautiful pieces of jewelry, and all it takes is a creative mind to express a design, and BAM! Turn those soveniers/keepsakes into rockin jewelry!! Flash that custom designed Frosted Beach Glass Jewelry!!

I don't plan on having a family of my own

For the second time today, I'm quoting this: "If you want to hear God laugh, tell Him your plans"!

:lol

You may not plan it, John, but God knows...you can't say what your heart will discover. Maybe there's a cute Inuit chick who knows how to dish up whale blubber for dinner just right. ;)

For the record...when God gave our family the green light to come to Michigan eleven years ago, we had never been here before, knew no one, hadn't a house OR a job. The day we landed we had a house (long story, but that was a miracle) and two days after that my husband landed a great job here. We've been here ever since, obviously. As I say, you just never know!

Well i have been hunting for a job up there before i move and i found a company that not only is looking but they also would fly me up there and set me up in a apartment that is subsidized.

There is something else about the company, they also hire in Jasper Alberta :)

That would be even better then Whitehorse, so now i have 2 places to choose from, if there is no space in Whitehorse i got Jasper or vise versa.

The bad thing about this company is that while i am with them in their apartments i cannot bring my dog :sad

So now i have a small problem, i can move to one of the biggest resort town in Canada or in the great north with guaranteed job and have to give up my dog or stay here never having steady work living with my parents and keep my dog.

Logic tells me not to let a dog tie my life down, but my love for this animal tells me to stay.

Its a mind game for me, lol

well i am sure to figure it out soon.

I got my interview on March 14 ;)

Back