Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Westboro Baptist Church Music Video

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Actually quite a clever and well done video. But what a shame that in true Westboro style it is fundamentally flawed. God does not hate all things people do just because of one sin such as fornication. God wishes that none should perish and all come to repentance.
But there is a huge line in that. Stop praying, God will not hear you anymore. Many of the people calling themselves Christian who are engaging in, promoting and defending all kinds of fornication, are also praying to God... or are they? It is God they are paying to and what is God’s reaction to prayers for sin offered to Him?
Why is it we never see threads about LGCM Lesbian and Gay Christian Movement? How are they any less shameful for Christians than Westboro?

You see the problem is not that some people dont get the message with hateful presentations, they find the message hateful however lovingly it is put.

NB And I like the parody on the style but object to the video using images of well known people. We should be praying for them in love.

*sigh* =/

I agree with Brightmorningstar and Elizabethbraddock on this one.
Westboro Baptist...IDK, what are they trying to accomplish? Do they think anyone is going to actually listen to them? How do they expect to actually covert anyone with that attitude? I don't know of anyone who became a Christian due to such efforts.
Maybe Westboro is just meant to be a real-life trolling effort?

At least most churches, even "old fashioned" ones, are not like them.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think if they are correct and their version of the Bible is true than a total 80 or so people will get in to Heaven.

All 80 of them are of course Westburo Baptist Church members.
Those poor kids, brainwashed into a life of picketing and hatred.

What a waste.

They burn flags and and say how much they hate america but the very rights the spit at is the only reason why their allowed to speak such hatred into the public square.

We should be praying for them in love.

I disagree. They show no remorse or even recognition for the terrible things they say. Why show them love or care?

I feel that everyone, even Westboro, should be shown love. It doesn't mean we should accept what they do as appropriate. (Nor do I think that people should get away with heinous crimes just because we are to show them love.) They may be bigots, but we aren't going to make them come out of that life by hating them back.

I disagree. They show no remorse or even recognition for the terrible things they say. Why show them love or care?

Because it's what Jesus taught. It's one of the fundamentals of his teachings. Doesn't mean we agree with or endorse their views.

The hate dripping from Westboro Baptist Church only serves to perpetuate the notion that Christians are hateful and ignorant.

And I don't know how we (actual Christians) can be vocal enough to let the world know that these people are mental defectives. The media enjoys giving them a voice, because it yields good ratings at the expense of the truth about the rest of us.

Coldblooded,​
I think if they are correct and their version of the Bible is true than a total 80 or so people will get in to Heaven.
What version of the Bible do they use and can we get to see it?​
We should be praying for them in love. I disagree.
Now there is a surprise. On the other thread you supported same sex fornication; they have that bit of the message correct, which is more than you have.

There is a difference between rejecting the message and hating.
Crass error and false teaching from people calling themselves Christian damages Christianity as a whole, as the body of believers.

Sadly Westboro does more damage than the equally bad lgbt 'christian' factions and groups because the world loves the lgbt and this just turns them more favourable towards lgbt.

There is a difference between rejecting the message and hating.
Crass error and false teaching from people calling themselves Christian damages Christianity as a whole, as the body of believers.

Sadly Westboro does more damage than the equally bad lgbt 'christian' factions and groups because the world loves the lgbt and this just turns them more favourable towards lgbt.

With the greatest of respect, is it possible to have this discussion without needing to bring in your attitude to same-sex couples? We get it, you disagree with it, lets keep this discussion about Westboro

Grazer,
With the greatest of respect, is it possible to have this discussion without needing to bring in your attitude to same-sex couples?
Not at all Grazer, Westboro hate same sex couples, God hates same sex coupling, His word says He detests it, remember?

I wouldnt have started a thread about Westboro in the first place, as they are most famous for saying their god hates gays, as there is supposed to be a moratorium on new threads on it. And after all, same sex acts are fornication.

As bad as WBC is it seems unfair they can come in for stick but not 'gay christian' churches.

It is worth pointing out that on BBC Question Time some time ago the question was about the sexualisation of children. One panelist, a Christian, said well it is really any wonder when we have sexual images are everywhere on TV, in magazines, newspapers, the content of so much comedy, celebrity love lives and behviours and popular music. Is it any wonder the sexualisation of children? He put it quite humbly enough yet got booed. People dont want to hear the truth if they dont like it or feel guilty, yet the OT prophets still spoke and suffered but got commended by God, Jesus got cucified for what He said, and the NT apostles mostly killed.

If they had cut the specific names out and replaced the hatred for fornication rather than people, this would be a pretty good video. It might make some people think.

Grazer,
Not at all Grazer, Westboro hate same sex couples, God hates same sex coupling, His word says He detests it, remember?

I wouldnt have started a thread about Westboro in the first place, as they are most famous for saying their god hates gays, as there is supposed to be a moratorium on new threads on it. And after all, same sex acts are fornication.

As bad as WBC is it seems unfair they can come in for stick but not 'gay christian' churches.

The reason they come in for criticism is their attitude and approach to the subject. There is no love there, only vitriol and hate. I don't agree with a great many views but I don't stand outside with signs condemning them because there are far better ways. Regardless of Gods views, he still loves those who oppose him. Aren't we called to do the same?

I'm not going to talk about gay christian churches or interpretation of scripture here, PM me if you want to continue that bit.

Grazer,
The reason they come in for criticism is their attitude and approach to the subject.
No, not only that, their claim that God hates people is simply not correct as you have affirmed. We are to love people, God is the judge.

I'm not going to talk about gay christian churches or interpretation of scripture here,
Then dont. I am not, I was just pointing out that whilst themselves in error, WBC is actually no more in error than some of the people they attack, which you are obviously a bit touchy about. Its not about interpretation, but denial, but as you think its about interpretation, then why yours and not theirs?

Grazer,
No, not only that, their claim that God hates people is simply not correct as you have affirmed. We are to love people, God is the judge.

I'm not going to talk about gay christian churches or interpretation of scripture here,
Your attitude is starting to make Westboro look better.
Its not about interpretation, but denial, buit as you think its about interpretation then why yours an not theirs?

As I said, I will not comment on this matter on the forums.

When people ask me why I'm not Christian, this will be a helpful video to point them to.

That suggests that you believe WestBoro is what Christianity is about.

Sorry the sound is out of this computer so this video is also deleted...

DarkHorseRising,
When people ask me why I'm not Christian, this will be a helpful video to point them to.
This was my point, except that as the overwhelming majority of most Christians do not recogise as Christian, or associate with WBC, what makes you think they are Christian?
I would be very interested in your reasons.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back