Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

what a blessing

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Basically because it's out in the open, the bribe attempts to keep something hidden.

God bless,
Ted

Im trying to understand the differance because i dont know USA law.

So if someome is found guilty of a crime and the judge send them to prison for example with say a million dollar bail what does that mean?. If they pay a million dollars they can walk free?

Like you get sentenced but if you pay the government x amount of cash then your can walk free on a bail type thing?. Is that not a form of bribary?.

Correct me if im wrong.

Or like its something to do wirh courts and justoce system, if you give cash then you can be free until your court date or something. I dont know, i just ask questons.

Is that not form of a bribary in way?. Folk over the cash or stay locked in a cage until trial?.

I mean if someoje is arrested and locked in cage and they have to stay locked up unless they pay cash they can walk free until there trial, i would think thats crooked. If you got cash to pay then you can walk free, if not and your broke too bad. Thats just rank.

Just saying. Correct me if im wrong.

Hi King Dan of Great the 1st
So if someome is found guilty of a crime and the judge send them to prison for example with say a million dollar bail what does that mean?
There is no bail for someone who is found guilty of a crime. Bail is only to gain freedom while awaiting trial. It is a promissory that you will come back for your trial.

You are corrected.
Or like its something to do wirh courts and justoce system, if you give cash then you can be free until your court date or something. I dont know, i just ask questons.
Of course, you really did know the answer and just wanted to play the devil's advocate. Got it.
Is that not form of a bribary in way?. Folk over the cash or stay locked in a cage until trial?.
You also, of course, could merely google the term bribery and see that what you are suggesting isn't bribery. The legal definition of bribery is the offer or acceptance of anything of value in exchange for influence on a government official or employee. Paying bail bond is not offering or accepting something of value to 'influence' anyone. It is the cost of getting your freedom while you await a trial.

God bless,
Ted

There is no bail for someone who is found guilty of a crime. Bail is only to gain freedom while awaiting trial. It is a promissory that you will come back for your trial.

You are corrected.

Of course, you really did know the answer and just wanted to play the devil's advocate. Got it.

You also, of course, could merely google the term bribery and see that what you are suggesting isn't bribery. The legal definition of bribery is the offer or acceptance of anything of value in exchange for influence on a government official or employee. Paying bail bond is not offering or accepting something of value to 'influence' anyone. It is the cost of getting your freedom while you await a trial.

God bless,
Ted

Ok so just an example, if you got arrested, that doesnt mean your guilty, but if you were told if you hand over some cash then you can walk free until yoyr trial, but if you dont hand over the cash then you will stay looked in a cage, do you not think that is like a form of crookedness or blackmail or bribary?.

Hand over some cash and you canwalk free until your trial, if you dont hand over any cash you can just stay locked in a rank cage.

Ok so just an example, if you got arrested, that doesnt mean your guilty, but if you were told if you hand over some cash then you can walk free until yoyr trial, but if you dont hand over the cash then you will stay looked in a cage, do you not think that is like a form of crookedness or blackmail or bribary?.

Hand over some cash and you canwalk free until your trial, if you dont hand over any cash you can just stay locked in a rank cage.

Obviously you do and when you get to be a real king you can make that your nation's definition of a bribe.

God bless,
Ted

Obviously you do and when you get to be a real king you can make that your nation's definition of a bribe.

God bless,
Ted

I am a real King because im the King of my own life and why beliefs, because i have the right and soveignty over myself and my own body and life, and no human being can try claim they rule me or they own me and im there servant. Its called life and liberty.

And controlling psychopaths will call us a threat because we live by the spirit of God.

Dang i aint in any war with anyone or harming anyone, only the devil in a spiritual war.

All this world does is just validate the scriptures and Jesus words more.

It could be so simple for the world to disprove Jesus as a liar, juat for one the world would just have to love and serve Christians. Thats how simple it could be to destroy Jesus and probe him wrong one basic thing out of many, but the world just does not want to prove him wrong. As Jesus said the world will hate you for my name but remember they hated me first. Can the world prove him wrong?.

All the world need to do to prove Jesus is not the truth is to just confess they love followers of Jesus Christ even if they disagree, they still love Chrsitians. Lol. Thats how simple it is, but Jesus doesnt lie and something as simple as that wont happen because he doesnt lie. Soon it will probably be a hate crime just to mention Jesus name you might offend someone and thats a hate crime to some people.

I am a real King because im the King of my own life and why beliefs, because i have the right and soveignty over myself and my own body and life, and no human being can try claim they rule me or they own me and im there servant. Its called life and liberty.
Hi again King Dan of Great the 1st

Sure you are. That was Timothy McVeigh's understanding of his life. And as such, you are free to define words and ideas as you think they should be defined. However, as a society, we have laws and those laws are the definer of words that apply to legal issues. That's how a society works. If you've ever read a law that is passed by a governmental body, there is usually a place within that law that gives certain definitions of the words contained with in the law and how they are supposed to be defined when applying said law.

See below:

A law or Act is usually made up of a number of different components or parts. Some of these are:

• The title, usually called the “short title”, which is the name by which the Act is known. The short title often has a reference to the date of commencement (see the later section dealing with dates of commencement)
  • Details with regard to the date of promulgation (publication); who assented to (approved) the legislation; which language was signed (in multilingual countries/jurisdictions); and what the date of commencement is
  • The long title, which explains briefly why the Act was made
  • An Arrangement of Sections (this is not part of the law, but assists in navigating through an Act or other piece of legislation, especially lengthy documents)
  • Chapters or Parts, identified by their headings (these are subdivisions used to arrange the information in an Act or other piece of legislation. In some countries, especially those which were once under British rule, the Acts are known as Chapters or by a Latin abbreviation, “Cap”)
  • A number of sections/regulations/rules (according to the nature of the legislation)
  • Side headings to the various sections (as with the Arrangement of Sections, these are not part of the law, but assist in navigating through an Act or other piece of legislation)
  • A section containing definitions (the meaning of words as used in the particular Act. This is a very important section, because words have different meanings in different contexts; and in law, we very often have to look at other Acts to see what a certain word means in context)
  • Subsections/subregulations/subrules (as above)
  • Paragraphs (usually (a), (b), and so on)
  • Subparagraphs (usually identified by small Roman numerals: (i), (ii), (iii), and so on)
  • Schedule(s)
  • Tables and diagrams.

So, if you want to know what a word means, as expressed and intended in a law, then you look for the section that I have highlighted and boldened above.

God bless,
Ted

All the world need to do to prove Jesus is not the truth is to just confess they love followers of Jesus Christ even if they disagree, they still love Chrsitians. Lol. Thats how simple it is, but Jesus doesnt lie and something as simple as that wont happen because he doesnt lie. Soon it will probably be a hate crime just to mention Jesus name you might offend someone and thats a hate crime to some people.

You're rambling again. "All the world need to do to prove Jesus is not the truth is to just confess they love followers of Jesus Christ even if they disagree"? I can see why you'd be humored by that statement as it makes absolutely no sense.

BTW I think it's a fairly common understanding among those who are born again believers that they are not the king of their lives. Jesus is.

God bless,
Ted

Soon it will probably be a hate crime just to mention Jesus name you might offend someone and thats a hate crime to some people.
Yes, that may well be true and Jesus has already warned us of this. Remember, “If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first." And again, "You will be hated by everyone because of me, but the one who stands firm to the end will be saved." And again, “Then you will be handed over to be persecuted and put to death, and you will be hated by all nations because of me."

So, I appreciate your warning, but Jesus beat you to it.

God bless,
Ted

Ahhh, the dim bulb just went off in my head. Now I understand why you said what I quoted in post #32.

Your understanding is that if the world would just say they love us, then the words that a quoted that Jesus spoke would not be true. Sorry, for the misunderstanding.

God bless,
Ted

Sure you are. That was Timothy McVeigh's understanding of his life. And as such, you are free to define words and ideas as you think they should be defined. However, as a society, we have laws and those laws are the definer of words that apply to legal issues. That's how a society works. If you've ever read a law that is passed by a governmental body, there is usually a place within that law that gives certain definitions of the words contained with in the law and how they are supposed to be defined when applying said law.

Thats the way humans have decided to rule other humans in there own laws and rukes and regulations, i dont matter if its a King, a dictator, or a handful of gluttonous grubs all sleeping together for there own gain in so called democracy, its the same thing. Its just humans ruling over other humans always trying to play God all thinking they know whats best and they know it all and control and so on.

And how is humanity going since the stone age in progression?. Nothing has ever improved, we got never ending wars, everyones more divided and angry, most are broke and miserable, i mean dang. Its the truth. Lol.

GLTMbl1XcAA_9G_

So why did Trump allegedly pay someone hush money?. Did he do something illegal?.

Not up until he paid the hush money. Come on man. Put your thinking cap on. Grump was running for President. He didn't want the same thing that happened to Gary Hart. You can look him up if you don't remember him. So he had his lawyer work up a bribe to shut her up. Then he had his buddy Pecker of the National Enquirer to buy the story that was out about it and kill it. In the industry that's called catch and kill. Which isn't illegal until it becomes a political campaign issue. That changes everything.
Trump has been under constistant attacks people trying to put him away and the thing is the more this happens the more people get suspicious its politicially motivated and smells rank. Its never ending law suits.
There are some that think that way. Me, I just see it more and more confirmation that the man has no morals or scruples and will do whatever he deems needs to be done to get his way. Either way, they are valid crimes for which a jury will make the decision as to whether or not the prosecution is right or not. That's basically how our system of justice works here in the States.

I'm sorry that you seem unable to grasp these legal concepts, but they are on our law books. In the United States, when one is running for a political office, a lot of things are different about what is or isn't illegal. But for Grump, much as he showed us when he did have the opportunity to run the nation, he doesn't really have any grasp of these matters. Pretty much he's about as 'wise' as you seem to be.

God bless,
Ted

Thats the way humans have decided to rule other humans in there own laws and rukes and regulations, i dont matter if its a King, a dictator, or a handful of gluttonous grubs all sleeping together for there own gain in so called democracy, its the same thing. Its just humans ruling over other humans always trying to play God all thinking they know whats best and they know it all and control and so on.
I have to wonder if you've ever given 10 minutes thought as to what any society comprised of millions upon millions of people would be like, without some laws? I mean, yeah, maybe that works for someone living in the outback of Australia or the vast wilderness of Alaska. But for the general populations of nations, we have to have laws. And it has been that way since at least God's establishment of Israel as a nation.

God bless,
Ted

I have to wonder if you've ever given 10 minutes thought as to what any society comprised of millions upon millions of people would be like, without some laws? I mean, yeah, maybe that works for someone living in the outback of Australia or the vast wilderness of Alaska. But for the general populations of nations, we have to have laws. And it has been that way since at least God's establishment of Israel as a nation.

God bless,
Ted

I believe in law dont get me wrong, society would be a mess without fundamental law.

Like do not murder, do not steal, basically dont cause any harm to others, that good, the fundamental law is good. Thats Gods law written in the hearts of believers and what Jesus taught. Lobe God and love others, with that there is peace.

8m talking like the many man made regulations that seem to favour a few or dont make sense. Like as once i said the state government made a law saying people are not allowed to sit outside at the club anymore and listen to music or watch sport on TV, even the people and the privaye club want it. Why such a ridiculous rule?. .

Back