Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

What are your favourite books of the Bible?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Ok I do not have a favourite book in the bible. I do have a group of favourites:

Gospel of Matthew
Gospel of John
Romans
Revelation
Ecclesiastes
Daniel
Zechariah
Genisis
Exodus
Psalms

When i first read the bible i read it all the way through except for the songs of solomon, i did go back and read that later.

All Praise The Ancient Of Days

Lol. Yeah. The NT is easy. It's interesting, touching, emotional, and about Jesus.
The OT is long and has so many rules and lineages. :crazy I mean, I've been reading the OT for almost three months now and am only on Leviticus. :bigfrown

Yes some of it can be mind numbing because the detail given to laws and lineages but many of the books are great stories with very deep and meaningful messages. Well worth the effort.

All Praise The Ancient Of Days

It has got to be the Gospels for me. Mark is probably my favourite since it is the oldest and simplest of the four. It has a certain finesse and complexity through its simplicity that I adore.

It has got to be the Gospels for me. Mark is probably my favourite since it is the oldest and simplest of the four. It has a certain finesse and complexity through its simplicity that I adore.
I agree, and in the OP that was one of my favourites. In my youth camp a couple of years ago we did a study on Mark. At the beginning I thought "I've been in the church my whole life, what more can I learn from Mark", but I was proved very wrong. Such an excellent book :thumb Luke is great also. :)

I agree, and in the OP that was one of my favourites. In my youth camp a couple of years ago we did a study on Mark. At the beginning I thought "I've been in the church my whole life, what more can I learn from Mark", but I was proved very wrong. Such an excellent book :thumb Luke is great also. :)

You just can't beat the Gospels. I mean, Jesus preventing a woman from being stoned by judgemental hypocrites, the calming of the sea, Peter's lack of faith and utter humanness, all the parables. :biggrin

I would have to say Matthew.. don't really know why something always pulls me to that gospel.. also like Genesis and Revelations. But Matthew my first choice.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back