Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Depending upon the Holy Spirit for all you do?

Read through the following study by Tenchi for more on this topic

https://christianforums.net/threads/without-the-holy-spirit-we-can-do-nothing.109419/

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

https://christianforums.net/forums/questions-and-answers/

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Bible Study What do you think about the 11th commandment?

Voddie sounds pretty good.

I hate to put it so bluntly, but if you want the truth, the "11th" commandment is mostly just an excuse for mental, emotional and spiritual cowardice, IMO. A big part of it, however, is that many have not been trained in apologetics, and especially how to withstand vilification in the public eye for doing so.

I have some teachings on this if you are interested. What it boils down to is that they don't have any real spiritual armor on yet.

Btw, is it pronounced "Voe-dee," or "Voo-dee"?

Mat 22:36 Master, which is the great commandment in the law?
Mat 22:37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
Mat 22:38 This is the first and great commandment.
Mat 22:39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
Mat 22:40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

John 13:34 A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.
John 13:35 By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.

This commandment under the new covenant of God's grace covers all the moral laws that are found within the 613 laws found within Genesis through Deuteronomy that can be found on https://www.jewfaq.org/613.htm

The new commandment, the greatest commandment is how we are to act towards others as in prayers and blessings, love and brotherhood. The poor and unfortunate, Marriage, divorce and family. Forbidden sexual relations, business practices, employees and servants. Vows, oaths, swearing, Court and Judicial procedures. Injuries and damages, property and property rights, criminal laws. Prophecy, idolatry and all its practices as the moral laws (commandments) keep us in line with the will of God.

We need to present ourselves a vessel of honor that God delights in as we allow the light of Christ shine in us and through us. This is a testimony of Gods grace and mercy as it is not ourselves that do any good thing, but Gods Spirit working in us and through us as we surrender our will to that of Gods will to be done.

Morality in God is His greatest commandment of love as we treat others as we want others to treat us. God is love and wants us to love and treat others as He loves and treats us.​

There are many commandments to Christians sir, and they are not itemized by number, what commandment are you asking about?

Highway54, you need to watch the video included in the OP when someone posts it. He's asking about the mythical commandment many assume exists today which goes, "Thou shalt always be nice, i.e. and never contradict anyone concerning their own personal beliefs."

Btw, I watched it a second time, and my apologies (get it, "apologies".... <drum and snare>) for essentially repeating what he himself already stated. It is indeed cowardice.

Now I will add this, apologetics must always be presented in a Spirit of love for your opponents, and that's where the tough part comes in. That YouTube video someone posted about Lia Thomas was a good expose, but the guy that produced it presented it in an unChristian Spirit, constantly labeling him a "perverted freak" and all that. Lia Thomas is very screwed up, but when we refute and expose, it must always be with the hope they might one day recover themselves out of the snare of the Devil, who has taken them captive (in mind or in actions) to do his will.

Voddie sounds pretty good.

I hate to put it so bluntly, but if you want the truth, the "11th" commandment is mostly just an excuse for mental, emotional and spiritual cowardice, IMO. A big part of it, however, is that many have not been trained in apologetics, and especially how to withstand vilification in the public eye for doing so.

I have some teachings on this if you are interested. What it boils down to is that they don't have any real spiritual armor on yet.

Btw, is it pronounced "Voe-dee," or "Voo-dee"?
Voe-dee

Highway54, you need to watch the video included in the OP when someone posts it. He's asking about the mythical commandment many assume exists today which goes, "Thou shalt always be nice, i.e. and never contradict anyone concerning their own personal beliefs."
I understand sir, I don't ever watch the videos, but Jesus' command to treat others as you desire to be treated is still in force.

I understand sir, I don't ever watch the videos, but Jesus' command to treat others as you desire to be treated is still in force.
The objective, "Love your neighbor as yourself" is different from the subjective "Thou shalt be nice" as anyone can define nice for themselves, but love is already divinely defined.

Mat 22:36 Master, which is the great commandment in the law?
Mat 22:37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
Mat 22:38 This is the first and great commandment.
Mat 22:39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
Mat 22:40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

John 13:34 A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.
John 13:35 By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.

This commandment under the new covenant of God's grace covers all the moral laws that are found within the 613 laws found within Genesis through Deuteronomy that can be found on https://www.jewfaq.org/613.htm

The new commandment, the greatest commandment is how we are to act towards others as in prayers and blessings, love and brotherhood. The poor and unfortunate, Marriage, divorce and family. Forbidden sexual relations, business practices, employees and servants. Vows, oaths, swearing, Court and Judicial procedures. Injuries and damages, property and property rights, criminal laws. Prophecy, idolatry and all its practices as the moral laws (commandments) keep us in line with the will of God.

We need to present ourselves a vessel of honor that God delights in as we allow the light of Christ shine in us and through us. This is a testimony of Gods grace and mercy as it is not ourselves that do any good thing, but Gods Spirit working in us and through us as we surrender our will to that of Gods will to be done.

Morality in God is His greatest commandment of love as we treat others as we want others to treat us. God is love and wants us to love and treat others as He loves and treats us.​
True, and agreed and Voddie agrees too. He's refering to a more subjective "Be nice" human commandment in which everyone and anyone can define it for themselves instead of it already being biblically defined. Nice can mean one thing to me and a different thing to you and a different thing to another person etc.

True, and agreed and Voddie agrees too. He's refering to a more subjective "Be nice" human commandment in which everyone and anyone can define it for themselves instead of it already being biblically defined. Nice can mean one thing to me and a different thing to you and a different thing to another person etc.
Nice can be pleasant, but yet not agreeable. Other words, we can show love to one another as a human, but yet hate the actions of the choices others make that come against the obedience to God's commands.

The objective, "Love your neighbor as yourself" is different from the subjective "Thou shalt be nice" as anyone can define nice for themselves, but love is already divinely defined.
No man has love greater than this sir, that he should surrender his soul in behalf of his friends. I agree, but perceive that in reality it is an extreme rarity, but does happen. What would even be worse is a torturous death like Jesus underwent, that is love for sure.

No man has love greater than this sir, that he should surrender his soul in behalf of his friends. I agree, but perceive that in reality it is an extreme rarity, but does happen. What would even be worse is a torturous death like Jesus underwent, that is love for sure.
Agreed. That is true love.

This video is not refering to that love.

Back