Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

What do you want for CHRISTmas?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
But maybe your grandparents were catholics and were refering to that?

No, they were both very strong Lutherans until the day they died. But they lived in Canada for so long before my mom was even born I'm guessing they must have picked up the tradition there. Who knows, with my mom growing up with it, she may not have even realized it wasn't a German tradition. Ya learn somthin new everyday! :)

I want M&Ms with my initials on them. Or even better. My whole name on them.

No, they were both very strong Lutherans until the day they died. But they lived in Canada for so long before my mom was even born I'm guessing they must have picked up the tradition there. Who knows, with my mom growing up with it, she may not have even realized it wasn't a German tradition. Ya learn somthin new everyday! :)

You're right about the German language having a great heritage of Christmas carols and music.

Stille Nacht..

Wunder der Weinnachtzeit...

Es ist ein' Ros' entsprungen...

etc etc

A lot seem to have been arranged by Michael Praetorius.

it will be good that there be more overall salvation unto abundant and everlasting life in the true God and Jesus

Blessings

Yeah. She used to hate my tattoo's. Now its like they a freckle on my skin :) And she doesn't judge others with tattoos. But this is not a tattoo thread...!

Angel:

So have your bought your mom a Christmas gift? I find it hard to think of what to buy for my mother. We kind of procrastinate and procrastinate and then at the last moment send her something in desperation. I feel a bit guitly, really.

Blessings.

Why not get your mother a parfume?

I found the right gift for my Mom- a gift card- LOL
Well, she asked for it!!!

Why not get your mother a parfume?

I found the right gift for my Mom- a gift card- LOL
Well, she asked for it!!!

Angel:

Ty for the suggestions! My mother isn't into perfume. And we do give her gift cards regularly; which she then doesn't get around to spending for a long time, sometimes. We are trying to think of something else, as well. Maybe flowers by mail order delivery.

(My mother wouldn't appreciate a tattoo voucher, though. Maybe yours wouldn't either.)

It can be suprising hard to buy things for parents. On the one hand their tastes are likely to be well known. On the other, those tastes can not unusually be defined in negative terms: what they definitely don't like!

Blessings.

I think my mom got me something breakable lol. Btw, we got a real tree as a Christmas tree, and our presents are under it. Like old times lol. Once my present, which was standing upright, fell to the side, and my mother said, "Aiyo! After break lor." (Malaysian english rofl)

I think my mom got me something breakable lol. Btw, we got a real tree as a Christmas tree, and our presents are under it. Like old times lol. Once my present, which was standing upright, fell to the side, and my mother said, "Aiyo! After break lor." (Malaysian english rofl)

Women often don't mind breakable gifts. My wife has many Royal Doulton china figurines...

I think i might trick my grandad this year. I always get him the same box of his favourite chocolates every year for like 30 years and he knows exactly what it is because every year its the same shape present and as soon as he gets it he shakes it to hear the chocolates inside.

Maybe some painted stones or marbles inside a home made box.

He might think you'd lost your marbles...

I know my mom will love what I got her. She's a huge Peanuts fan. So with the help of eBay there's a whole world of possibilities.

I see what you did there.

Well, I already know you're a careful listener, by the amount of discerning muscial appreciation that you seem to have for hard rock and other genres; you're evidently a careful reader, too... :)

Blessings; and have a great time as you prepare for Christmas.

Back