Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bible Study What does Strong's Concordance Hebrews 5399 Have to do with the Passover?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Passover is soon upon us and I want to share something. As we know, Jesus was the Passover Lamb that the Jews rehearsed for and still do to this day. The Passover Lamb was to be judged for flaws, sacrificed, and on the eve of the preparation day, (which just so happened to be on a Saturday in the year 33 AD), began the Passover Sabbath, was to then be roasted and eaten before sun up. We are to feed upon the body of Christ, for he is the Word of life, the Bread of life sent to us from the Father to renew our minds to grow in the Spirit. His body is meat and his blood(Spirit) is drink.

Could it be that the translators, being Gentile believers who’s day began at midnight and ended at midnight, unlike the Jewish day that Jesus went by from sundown (dusk) to sundown (twilight) have mistranslated it to what we think of as morning, dawn, and thereby confusing the time and day that Jesus really arose?
Jesus was not dead for 3 days and 3 nights as we have thought. He entered hell the evening in the garden of Gethsemane when he was betrayed into the hands of man who tormented, roasted, beat, flogged, spit on from Wednesday Eve( now being Thursday 1st Evening) Thursday Day(1st Day) Thursday Eve ( now being Friday 2nd Evening) Good Friday Day (2nd Day and preparation day) Friday Eve (now being Saturday, Sabbath, 7th day of the week, 3rd evening) Saturday Day (3rd day) which he arose as our 7th day rest. Mary came at dusk or twilight just at the end of the Sabbath, but he had already arose.

The same day at EVE (now being Sunday or the first day of the week) Jesus appeared for the first time since his resurrection earlier before sun up (just like the rehearsal) being "on the 3rd day" after he entered hell and was killed, and which happened to be also the 7th day Sabbath. Mary came just at dusk before sundown Saturday seen the tomb empty, told the disciples she had seen Jesus, and he came and stood in the midst of the disciples somewhere between 6pm Saturday sundown and midnight in which on our Julian calendar, is still the 7th day till midnight, Yet is considered the dawn of a new day being the 1st day of the week on the Jewish calendar.
Strong's Exhaustive Concordance dark, dawning of the day morning, night, twilight
From nashaph; properly, a breeze, i.e. (by implication) dusk (when the evening breeze prevails) -- dark, dawning of the day (morning), night, twilight.
see HEBREW nashaph
Here is the Hebrew meaning of twilight, meaning dusk, (correction) and can mean the time between the daylight and the night meaning around sundown or night and sunup.
The dawn of a New Day, not only meaning daylight, but day of the week. Just as the dawning of a new era means the beginning. Mary would not have waited until Sunday morning to come to the tomb, she would have come just as soon as the Sabbath ended and she did.
Matt 28:1
28:1 In the end of the sabbath, as it began to dawn toward the first day of the week, came Mary Magdalene and the other Mary to see the sepulchre.
KJV
Main Entry:twi*light
Pronunciation:*tw*-*l*t
Function:noun
1 : the light from the sky between full night and sunrise or between sunset and full night
2 : a state of imperfect clarity; also : a period of decline
I have also included the meaning of twilight as we understand it today, and it appears that it can be for either light to dark, or dark to light meaning at sundown or at sunup. However it matters which one it is referring to when it comes to the day that Jesus arose was it on the 7th day Sabbath or on Sunday?
Since he is our 7th day rest, I chose to believe that he arose just like the Passover is celebrated on the morning after the Lamb is roasted and eaten. This year likewise in the year 2015 of the 4 blood moons Passover is on the 7th day Sabbath as well.

Here we see that the same day at the evening, Which was the beginning of the first day of the week. If this were talking about Sunday evening, that would have been Monday eve, for the new day begins at Evening, this would have been the 2nd day of the week on the Jewish calendar, not the first day of the week.
John 20:19 Then the same day at evening, being the first day of the week, when the doors were shut where the disciples were assembled for fear of the Jews, came Jesus and stood in the midst, and saith unto them, Peace be unto you.
KJV

Last edited:
Used to hold to the Wednesday crucifixion and Saturday sunset (Sunday on Hebrew calendar) resurrection till I read the account on the road to Emmaus on Sunday and one of those in company said this is the third day. Meaning Thursday was the crucifixion. Nisan 14. The day of preparation for the official Passover Nisan 15 Friday. Sabbath Saturday. Resurrection after sunset beginning Sunday Nisan 17 in accord with prophecies (the day the Ark of Noah settled on dry land etc.). 3 full nights, 2 full days, lacking 9 hours to three full days. The scriptures never said 72 hours. 3 days 3 nights raised ON the 3rd day. All else fails when trying to hold the scriptures to a 72 hour time frame it never said.

Passion+Week.jpg
BTW.
Used to live in San Diego (Tierrasanta). You have a great Church nearby in Shadow Mountain.

Used to hold to the Wednesday crucifixion and Saturday sunset (Sunday on Hebrew calendar) resurrection till I read the account on the road to Emmaus on Sunday and one of those in company said this is the third day. Meaning Thursday was the crucifixion. Nisan 14. The day of preparation for the official Passover Nisan 15 Friday. Sabbath Saturday. Resurrection after sunset beginning Sunday Nisan 17 in accord with prophecies (the day the Ark of Noah settled on dry land etc.). 3 full nights, 2 full days, lacking 9 hours to three full days. The scriptures never said 72 hours. 3 days 3 nights raised ON the 3rd day. All else fails when trying to hold the scriptures to a 72 hour time frame it never said.

Passion+Week.jpg
BTW.
Used to live in San Diego (Tierrasanta). You have a great Church nearby in Shadow Mountain.

Yes, Shadow Mountain is very close to my house, thank you for letting me know though : )
I think on this issue we may not be understanding one another. I am saying that Jesus did not raise 3 days after his death, I am saying that Jesus was saying that from the time he entered into hell in the hands of man in the garden on the 1st eve till his death would be 3 Eve and he would arise on the 3rd Day which would be the day after Good Friday, meaning on the 7th day Sabbath. We just assume that when he says this:
Luke 24:7 Saying, The Son of man must be delivered into the hands of sinful men, and be crucified, and the third day rise again. KJV

that he meant 3 days after his crucifiction he would rise, but the 3 days included from the point of the betrayal Eve in the garden. What throws us off too is that we think in midnight to midnight 24 hrs days, but sundown to sundown or dusk to dusk or twilight to twilight is the 24 hrs day that Jesus went by. He died on Friday, that is why we say Good Friday and the Passover was on the Sabbath 7th day in the year 33 AD, so he had to be put in the tomb right away before it began, and rose Saturday being ON the third day not at the end of the 3rd day as our 7th day rest. As you see below, these two were talking to Jesus who had already arose the day before. He first appeared to Mary at the end of the Sabbath and sundown, stood in the midst of the disciples between sundown and midnight Saturday which was the dawning of a NEW day being now Sunday Eve or the beginning of the 1st day of the Week, not the first daylight as in 6 am. We know that Mary or the disciples expected him to arise by the sunup of the following morning after his burial, which would have been the Sabbath day, thinking it was the 3rd day, then it is obvious that they who did remember him saying he would be handed over to man and be killed and be raised on the 3rd day, did not understand it to be 3 days from being placed in hell in the hands of man, not 3 days after his burial that he meant. He did not go into the ground to a hell, hell is in the lower earth, meaning the hands of low life men who torment us day and night and give us no rest.

Luke 24:21 But we trusted that it had been he which should have redeemed Israel: and beside all this, to day is the third day since these things were done.
KJV
We see that this is after Mary seen Jesus at the end of the Sabbath on Saturday sundown, and after he had already in the evening of that same day Mary came(Saturday) now being the first day of the week stood in the midst of the disciples, but on our gentile calendar it is still the 7th day when he appeared to the disciples up until midnight.

Last edited:
I just looked at your chart, and it shows that on the Jewish calendar, the 14 began at sundown on Wednesday and that was really Thrusday the 1 eve where Jesus was betrayed just as I was trying to show, He was not betrayed on Thursday in the daytime, but Thursday EVE(Wednesday after sundown) Also would like to point out that Passover, Tabernacles and Purim where the people of God are spared and the enemies people are destroyed in the manner they had planned for the people of God always begin on the Eve on the 14th & 15th on the Jewish calendar.
The 4 blood moons that we are in now began last year 20(14) on Passover and Tabernacles & will be on the Passover & Tabernacles in this year 20(15) And on the Jewish calendar Passover on this very important year will also be on the 7th day Sabbath, just as it was in 33 AD as our Savior was Resurrected. Tabernacles is where our earthly tents(flesh body) are torn down and we shall receive our heavenly body that the Jews rehearse.
1 Cor 15:51 Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,
52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump
: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.
KJV

The seventh trump is the last trump, there will be time no more, what ever spiritual state we are in at that moment will dictate our rewards in the new heaven and earth, rather we have treasures in heaven or will live it in the lake of fire being in hot water with God for eternity with no rest, tormented night and day or living in peace for the spiritual growth in the image of God's Son, Christ.
Rev 10:6 And sware by him that liveth for ever and ever, who created heaven, and the things that therein are, and the earth, and the things that therein are, and the sea, and the things which are therein, that there should be time no longer:
7 But in the days of the voice of the seventh angel, when he shall begin to sound, the mystery of God should be finished, as he hath declared to his servants the prophets.
KJV

The birth of the Man child or body of Christ, the sons of God in Rev 12:5 birthed from the barren woman, our mother heavenly Jerusalem above will be full term, a mature One New Man!

Yes, Shadow Mountain is very close to my house, thank you for letting me know though : )
I think on this issue we may not be understanding one another. I am saying that Jesus did not raise 3 days after his death, I am saying that Jesus was saying that from the time he entered into hell in the hands of man in the garden on the 1st eve till his death would be 3 Eve and he would arise on the 3rd Day which would be the day after Good Friday, meaning on the 7th day Sabbath. We just assume that when he says this:
Luke 24:7 Saying, The Son of man must be delivered into the hands of sinful men, and be crucified, and the third day rise again. KJV

that he meant 3 days after his crucifiction he would rise, but the 3 days included from the point of the betrayal Eve in the garden. What throws us off too is that we think in midnight to midnight 24 hrs days, but sundown to sundown or dusk to dusk or twilight to twilight is the 24 hrs day that Jesus went by. He died on Friday, that is why we say Good Friday and the Passover was on the Sabbath 7th day in the year 33 AD, so he had to be put in the tomb right away before it began, and rose Saturday being ON the third day not at the end of the 3rd day as our 7th day rest. As you see below, these two were talking to Jesus who had already arose the day before. He first appeared to Mary at the end of the Sabbath and sundown, stood in the midst of the disciples between sundown and midnight Saturday which was the dawning of a NEW day being now Sunday Eve or the beginning of the 1st day of the Week, not the first daylight as in 6 am. We know that Mary or the disciples expected him to arise by the sunup of the following morning after his burial, which would have been the Sabbath day, thinking it was the 3rd day, then it is obvious that they who did remember him saying he would be handed over to man and be killed and be raised on the 3rd day, did not understand it to be 3 days from being placed in hell in the hands of man, not 3 days after his burial that he meant. He did not go into the ground to a hell, hell is in the lower earth, meaning the hands of low life men who torment us day and night and give us no rest.

Luke 24:21 But we trusted that it had been he which should have redeemed Israel: and beside all this, to day is the third day since these things were done.
KJV
We see that this is after Mary seen Jesus at the end of the Sabbath on Saturday sundown, and after he had already in the evening of that same day Mary came(Saturday) now being the first day of the week stood in the midst of the disciples, but on our gentile calendar it is still the 7th day when he appeared to the disciples up until midnight.
I'm really having trouble following you. Could you arrange something that's like a list of events in order with the corresponding day and scripture? Did you start your premise on a 5th day crucifixion, a first day resurrection, the year 33AD, etc.?
EDIT: Removed my dumb, didn't read well question. :blush

Last edited:
Passover is soon upon us and I want to share something. As we know, Jesus was the Passover Lamb that the Jews rehearsed for and still do to this day. The Passover Lamb was to be judged for flaws, sacrificed, and on the eve of the preparation day, (which just so happened to be on a Saturday in the year 33 AD), began the Passover Sabbath, was to then be roasted and eaten before sun up. We are to feed upon the body of Christ, for he is the Word of life, the Bread of life sent to us from the Father to renew our minds to grow in the Spirit. His body is meat and his blood(Spirit) is drink.

OK.
Could it be that the translators, being Gentile believers who’s day began at midnight and ended at midnight, unlike the Jewish day that Jesus went by from sundown (dusk) to sundown (twilight) have mistranslated it to what we think of as morning, dawn, and thereby confusing the time and day that Jesus really arose?

That depends on which translators you are speaking of. Matthew's Gospel is thought by many to have been translated from Hebrew into Greek by pious Jews in the early years of the church (pre-62A.D.) ; and then, of course, it is translated from Greek into English in the modern day; although, today there are non-gentile primary translations; eg: the New Jerusalem Bible (English), and there is also the peshitta (Syriac/Aramaic) which might not even be a translation of Matthew, but a perhaps a native dialect / variant of the original; But both are Jewish in origin, I think.

The KJV was done by Gentiles, primarily, though... so If you're talking about that translation... it could be possible a Gentile Christian mis-translation slipped in.

Jesus was not dead for 3 days and 3 nights as we have thought. He entered hell the evening in the garden of Gethsemane when he was betrayed into the hands of man who tormented, roasted, beat, flogged, spit on from Wednesday Eve( now being Thursday 1st Evening) Thursday Day(1st Day) Thursday Eve ( now being Friday 2nd Evening) Good Friday Day (2nd Day and preparation day) Friday Eve (now being Saturday, Sabbath, 7th day of the week, 3rd evening) Saturday Day (3rd day) which he arose as our 7th day rest. Mary came at dusk or twilight just at the end of the Sabbath, but he had already arose.

Side Note: Neither Mary who went to the tomb were Jesus' mother. I'm pretty sure she knew he would rise again, and is never recorded in scripture being so confused as to try and bring burial ointments. These two Marys, are going for memorial (bural) purposes, and are mildly misinformed followers of Jesus, eg: Mary Magdaline (of Galille) and possibly Mary Clopas.

But, essentially -- you are correct -- Given a single day Sabbath; Jesus was not physically in the tomb for three days and three nights, either by Jewish daily accounting from evening to evening, nor from Gentile (Roman) midnight to midnight reckoning -- but that is only *iff* the Sabbath that year at passover lasted only one day and a special Sabbath was not declared.

I'm pretty sure, however, that there are another two to three issues involved that eclipse the translation question, eg: that neither Mary Magdaline or nor Clopas would have dared to carry ointment jars on the Sabbath so as to finish burying Jesus, when they had so hurriedly done a partial job of anointing him just before the Sabbath started in order to avoid violating it / the preparation day; eg: It doesn't make sense to me that they chose to not violate the Sabbath in broad daylight ... if they were willing to violate the Sabbath prohibitions just before the Sabbath actually ended.

In order for them to have arrived at 'twilight' of the evening at the end of the Sabbath; I think they would have had to do the forbidden work of carrying the ointment during the Sabbath itself for several miles; And secondly, the tomb was under Roman/temple guardsmen, who would have been dangerous to approach as the night drew on, and it became *darker*; I'm of the opinion that they would have wanted to walk in the dark and arrive at a time when they could be seen, and while it was still cold (so the smell, if any, would be a minimum) eg: early dawn.

The same day at EVE (now being Sunday or the first day of the week)

OK. So you are saying Saturday Evening by Gentile 24Hr accounting, is Sunday by Jewish accounting.
That's fine. Jewish 'days' begin with a night rather than end with a night: cf: the Law, particularly Genesis 1:5 explains this is how the first day should be accounted.

Jesus appeared for the first time since his resurrection earlier before sun up (just like the rehearsal) being "on the 3rd day" after he entered hell and was killed, and which happened to be also the 7th day Sabbath.

So which resurrection appearance/scripture are you talking about?
There are many references in scripture to Jesus rising 'after' three days, and some which seem to say 'on the third day' -- but the scriptures are not adamant he rose on the third day uniformly. In Genesis style accounting, the sabbath is the seventh day, and Wednesday is the third day. It's questionable what the 3rd day means in the phrase "3 days and 3 nights."

What Jesus claimed, before his death, is that the three days and nights (in that order, not nights and days), would be in *likeness* to those of Jonah. The issue here is that Jesus never said he would be in the tomb for a literal 24 hours, or 10 watches, or anything like that... rather it is *like* the sign of Jonah. We would have to know exactly how long Jonah was in the fish and *why*, by an accounting of days, and whether or not he died immediately upon being eaten by the fish, or at a later time -- to know how long Jesus ought to have lain in the bowels of the Earth, and exactly what the sign implies. eg: a child is not considered a person/born for a day or so after coming out of a woman's womb in terms of the law of Moses for census purposes (I don't recall exactly how long the period was. ) but -- there are going to be legal concerns which apply to Jonah, who was in the Koils (not stomach) of a fish, a Hebrew idiom for womb -- and Jesus who was likewise the "firstborn" from the womb of the earth, and thereby of the dead.

Also there are other legal subtleties associated with birth, for Esau stuck his hand out of his mother's womb first, and then went back in -- to fight with Jacob -- but still his limb coming forth was what made him "firstborn", although he did not actually come *out* until a later time.

What I am getting at, is that we don't really know when Jesus preached to those in prison... whether Saturday night, or Sunday early morning, or Sunday Evening. But his preaching activity is part of the 3 days and 3 nights -- and isn't a time when he need have "lain" in the tomb, necessarily. I Think Jonah prayed/preached in Sheol at the very end of his days in the fish, and again as the first thing he did while he was in Nineveh. He was dead in the fish, and among the dead, in Nineveh (until they repented.)

Mary came just at dusk before sundown Saturday seen the tomb empty, told the disciples she had seen Jesus, and he came and stood in the midst of the disciples somewhere between 6pm Saturday sundown and midnight in which on our Julian calendar, is still the 7th day till midnight, Yet is considered the dawn of a new day being the 1st day of the week on the Jewish calendar.

So that would require the word translated into English as "Before Dawn" to mean "Before sundown" -- a very different meaning in English; and that's why you refer to Strong's concordance... Hmm... I see. It's something I'll have to check carefully, the exact original words, but I can't do so tonight.

Since he is our 7th day rest, I chose to believe that he arose just like the Passover is celebrated on the morning after the Lamb is roasted and eaten. This year likewise in the year 2015 of the 4 blood moons Passover is on the 7th day Sabbath as well.

Here we see that the same day at the evening, Which was the beginning of the first day of the week. If this were talking about Sunday evening, that would have been Monday eve, for the new day begins at Evening, this would have been the 2nd day of the week on the Jewish calendar, not the first day of the week.
John 20:19 Then the same day at evening, being the first day of the week, when the doors were shut where the disciples were assembled for fear of the Jews, came Jesus and stood in the midst, and saith unto them, Peace be unto you.
KJV

But, John's account says in John 20:1 -- "Early in the morning on the first day of the week, while it was still dark, Mary Madgalen went to the tomb."
http://www.biblehub.com/lexicon/john/20-1.htm

Here, the phrase is quite literally, "Eti skotias" while it was *still* dark.

Last edited:
As a Moderator of this particular Forum, I'd like to compliment all of you for a very mature discussion of a rather difficult subject. I have been reading each post with interest. I love to study different findings on a subject that is so important. You folk are doing a terrific job explaining each teaching with grace and respect for each other. Thank you all so very much.

Passion+Week.jpg
BTW.
Let's view another scripture here...

Mar 8:31 And he began to teach them, that the Son of man must suffer many things, and be rejected of the elders, and of the chief priests, and scribes, and be killed, and after three days rise again.

And the only way to satisfy this is with a Wednesday crucifixion and a Saturday afternoon resurrection.

Three days of 12 hours and three nights of twelve hours...

Joh 11:9 Jesus answered, Are there not twelve hours in the day? If any man walk in the day, he stumbleth not, because he seeth the light of this world.
Joh 11:10 But if a man walk in the night, he stumbleth, because there is no light in him.

Let's view another scripture here...

Mar 8:31 And he began to teach them, that the Son of man must suffer many things, and be rejected of the elders, and of the chief priests, and scribes, and be killed, and after three days rise again.

And the only way to satisfy this is with a Wednesday crucifixion and a Saturday afternoon resurrection.

Three days of 12 hours and three nights of twelve hours...

Joh 11:9 Jesus answered, Are there not twelve hours in the day? If any man walk in the day, he stumbleth not, because he seeth the light of this world.
Joh 11:10 But if a man walk in the night, he stumbleth, because there is no light in him.

This scenario would demand at least a Saturday evening resurrection(Jewish Sunday) in order for Jesus to be in the grave during the light-of-the-day for Thursday, Friday, and Saturday.

My belief
Wednesday, Nisan 14th (commencing on the Tuesday at sunset); was "the preparation day", on which the crucifixion took place, for all 4 gospels definitely say that this was the day on which the Lord was buried (before our Wed. Sunset) because it was the preparation (day), the bodies should not remain upon the cross on the Sabbath day, for that sabbath day was a high day, not the ordinary 7th day, or weekly sabbath, see John 19:31
The even was come (our Tues. after sunset) when the plot for the betrayal was ripe for execution. Matt.26.20
The last supper..
The trials continued throughout our Tuesday night
About the 6th hour (our Tues.midnight) Pilate said" Behold your King"
Led away to be crucified
It was the 3rd hour, and they crucified Him (our 9am Wed.)Mark:15:25,26
The 6th hour (0ur Wed.noon) and the darkness, Matt.27:45-49
The 9th hour (our Wed 3pm) and the expiring cry Matt.27:50-56
Buried in haste before sunset (our Wed. about 6pm) before the "high day" ( the first day of the feast began) our Wed.sunset Matt.27:57-66
The first day of the feast, the High Day, 15th day of Nisan (our Wed.sunset to Thurs.sunset)
The first night and first day in the tomb.
The 2nd day of the feast, the 16th of Nisan
(Our Thurs. Sunset to Fri. Sunset)
The 2nd night and day in the tomb.
The 3rd day of the feast " the (WEEKLY) Sabbath, 17th of Nisan
(Our Fri, sunset to Sat. Sunset)
The 3rd night and 3rd day in the tomb
The first day of the week, 18th of Nisan
(Our Sat. Sunset, the " third day" of Matt.16:21; not the third day of the feast.
Thus the resurrection of the Lord took place at our Sat.sunset or there abouts, on the third day, after three days Matt.27:63 Mark 8:31

Back