Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

WHAT DOES THE BIBLE DIRECT IN THIS SITUATION

Matt63

A year ago I told a lie to my friends in school about having cancer and having to undergo treatment because I wanted to give an excuse for not being present in school and also not being able to write an exams. The sickness I was really fighting was Major Deppressive Disorder which i was sicking care for at the hospitaI wanted people at school to leave me alone so ii can focus on preparing and writing the exams without being judged for spending a long time on the exams preparation . A year down the line eventhough I haven't written the exams I have found Jesus Christ as my saviour and going on a spiritual journey . I want to find if it nessasary to go about telling everyone I told that i never had cancer but rather depression ? Or Should I rather vow never ever to mention I had cancer again or make any insinuation that I had cancer as I had asked forgiveness from the Lord Jesus Christ . My confusion is that , telling them would not benefit any of them as I did not harm them or take advantage of them because of the situation. Do they really need to know what illness I really had . Most of them didnt really care whether I was sick or not . I feel telling them will rather open wounds and might make me even try to explain more or try to make more excuses for the earlier lie which will take further away from my ne found Grace in Christ Jesus. Do you think this is an attempt by the accuser to push me further into depression and cause me to doubt my Salvation ? Which I know is not dependent on any action of man but of the mercy of God Almighty. Should I then starting going to everyone since children and try to remember and confess every lie I have told eventhough it doesnt bring any resolution or benefit to them ?

I don’t think you owe any explanation to anyone unless the topic comes up with someone you feel comfortable sharing the truth with. Someone you trust.
Don’t let past mistakes keep you from moving forward. That would make baptism into Christ meaningless.

The devil will always find ways to distract you and bring you down, which is why it is important to stay rooted in the Word and plug into a solid Bible-believing church where you can find sound biblical counsel amongst the leadership. As you go through the process of sanctification many of these thoughts and fears will melt away and be replaced with confidence in Him who saved you. Philippians 4:13 "I can do all things through Him who strengthens me."

After typing my burden God gave His word

Ephesians 2:7-8
7 That in order that in the coming ages he might show the incomparable riches of his grace, expressed in his kindness to us in Christ Jesus. 8 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God​

A year ago I told a lie to my friends in school about having cancer and having to undergo treatment because I wanted to give an excuse for not being present in school and also not being able to write an exams. The sickness I was really fighting was Major Deppressive Disorder which i was sicking care for at the hospitaI wanted people at school to leave me alone so ii can focus on preparing and writing the exams without being judged for spending a long time on the exams preparation . A year down the line eventhough I haven't written the exams I have found Jesus Christ as my saviour and going on a spiritual journey . I want to find if it nessasary to go about telling everyone I told that i never had cancer but rather depression ? Or Should I rather vow never ever to mention I had cancer again or make any insinuation that I had cancer as I had asked forgiveness from the Lord Jesus Christ . My confusion is that , telling them would not benefit any of them as I did not harm them or take advantage of them because of the situation. Do they really need to know what illness I really had . Most of them didnt really care whether I was sick or not . I feel telling them will rather open wounds and might make me even try to explain more or try to make more excuses for the earlier lie which will take further away from my ne found Grace in Christ Jesus. Do you think this is an attempt by the accuser to push me further into depression and cause me to doubt my Salvation ? Which I know is not dependent on any action of man but of the mercy of God Almighty. Should I then starting going to everyone since children and try to remember and confess every lie I have told eventhough it doesnt bring any resolution or benefit to them ?
Ask yourself one question and I think you will know what to do which is this: Is asking forgiveness from God more (or less) important? God's forgiveness of your sin will save your soul. Human forgiveness will not. Also, forgiveness isn't about cost/benefit on either side. It's always about acknowledging your sin or not. Who you acknowledge it to (or not) is your decision. God has already made His decision regardless.

Back