Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

WHAT DOES THIS MEAN: "BEING CONFIDENT OF THIS VERY THING, that HE WHICH BEGAN A GOOD WORK IN YOU WILL PERFORM IT UNTIL THE DAY OF JESUS CHRIST." ?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

gordon777

A lot of people understand that through Christ we will be presented as perfect .(in His eyes)

It is by His faith, not by ours that we are saved. We are called to repent (of sin) through the work of the Holy Spirit.

A lot of people understand that this goes on throughout our whole lifetime/the work being finished when Jesus returns. ( not before) to then be completely transformed into HIs likeness.

Highlighted are the words which explain themselves, that this was apostle Pauls belief in the Philippians he wrote to, they were called to the same grace/faith as himself.

Paul continued how this was an exhortation to the Philippians, as their love had to abound yet more so that they would be sincere and without offence until the day of Christ, so they would be filled with the fruits of righteousness by Jesus Christ, and Paul again talks of this SAME CONFIDENCE, ( it is Pauls confidence we are hearing about.) that Paul believed he would go to the Philippians to further their faith.

Paul exhorts the Philippians to have their conversations as it is right in the gospel of Christ, which is to be of one Spirit and one mind to STRIVE for the faith of the gospel. ( all is by the faith of Jesus Christ, who gives us knowledge and faith to strive to follow Him.)

Now the Philippians are exhorted to work out the salvation they thought they already had, with more fear and more trembling.

Paul again reminds the importance of all of this exhortation, because it is God working in them to both will and do of HIs good pleasure. ( this is the reason to FEAR AND TREMBLE.) to never murmur or dispute, as they were exhorted to be blameless and harmless/without rebuke, if they want to be the sons of God, by holding forth the word of life, ( as Paul was exhorting them by) so Paul may rejoice with the saints of the Philippians, in the day of Christ, and had not run in vain and laboured in vain towards them....

Philippians 1:6 BEING CONFIDENT OF THIS VERY THING, that HE WHICH BEGAN A GOOD WORK IN YOU WILL PERFORM IT UNTIL THE DAY OF JESUS CHRIST.
7 Even as IT IS MEET FOR ME TO THINK THIS OF YOU ALL, because I have you in my heart; inasmuch as both in my bonds, and in the defence and confirmation of the gospel, YE ARE ALL PARTAKERS OF MY GRACE.

Philippians 1:9 And this I PRAY THAT YOUR LOVE MAY ABOUND YET MORE AND MORE, in knowledge and in all judgment;
10 That ye may approve things that are excellent; THAT YE MAY BE SINCERE AND WITHOUT OFFENCE TILL THE DAY OF CHRIST.
11 Being FILLED WITH THE FRUITS OF RIGHTEOUSNESS, which are by Jesus Christ, unto the glory and praise of God.

Philippians 1:25 And HAVING THIS CONFIDENCE, I know that I SHALL ABIDE AND CONTINUE WITH YOU ALL FOR YOUR FURTHERANCE and joy of faith;
26 That your rejoicing may be more abundant in Jesus Christ for me by my coming to you again.
27 Only LET YOUR CONVERSATION BE AS IT BECOMETH THE GOSPEL OF CHRIST: that whether I come and see you, or else be absent, I may hear of your affairs, that ye STAND FAST IN ONE SPIRIT, with ONE MIND STRIVING FOR THE FAITH OF THE GOSPEL;

Philippians 2:12 Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, WORK OUT YOUR SALVATION WITH FEAR AND TREMBLING.
13 For it is GOD WHICH WORKETH IN YOU both TO WILL AND TO DO OF HIS GOOD PLEASURE.
14 Do all things WITHOUT MURMURINGS AND DISPUTINGS:
15 THAT YE MAY BE BLAMELESS AND HARMLESS, the sons of God, WITHOUT REBUKE, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world;
16 HOLDING FORTH THE WORD OF LIFE; that I MAY REJOICE IN THE DAY OF CHRIST, that I HAVE NOT RUN IN VAIN, NEITHER LABOURED IN VAIN.

We have one scripture regarding being transformed.

It is in Romans 12, and likewise the Romans are BESEECHED/EXHORTED, to present their bodies holy and acceptable to God. To be transformed by renewing their mind, ( as Paul exhorted the Philippians to be of one Spirit and one mind.) to prove what is god aand acceptable and perfect, the will of God. ( For it is GOD WHICH WORKETH IN YOU both TO WILL AND TO DO OF HIS GOOD PLEASURE.)

Paul beseeches the Romans not to think highly of themselves, ( WORK OUT YOUR SALVATION WITH FEAR AND TREMBLING.)but to think SOBERLY, according to the faith given to them from God.

Romans 12:1 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.
2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.
3 For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith.

Back