Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

What happened?!

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
W

White_Knight

Geez... what happened to the new generations? I mean, I remember when I was a kid, I remember wearing clothes that were not even the latest fashion and I didn't even mind. I went to the shoping mall and saw a kid not older that 10 crying because his mom wouldn't buy the latest stuff. 'N girls are not even 10 either wearing tight stuff!

tell me about. i'm only 17 and i'm out of hte wya of ppl now days. i mena everyone wants to look like a pop star but half of us dont have the body or whatever. me...i could look like a pop star if i really tryied but i dont; like be a wanna be...i like being me and i am who i am. so ppl...be who you are not someone your not. God made us different ans thats what we should be...different.
:angel:

I hate the clothing styles that are popular now. Why does everyone have to wear their pants 6 inches below their waist? Why wear tight uncomfortable pants that don't fit? Why wear shirts that don't cover anything up?

true

This is so true. the reason that we all feel like we need to get the latest stuff is because we all have the need to fit in. Which isn't actually a need, it is a want. We feel like we need to fit in no matter the situation. I think that this is one thing that in our society today needs to change. I don't wear what is in. I wear what is comfortable. :B-fly: :B-fly: :B-fly: :B-fly: :Fade-color :Fade-color :fadein: :fadein: :B-fly: :B-fly: :B-fly: :B-fly:

Good way of thinking, actually I almost wear anything, sometimes it looks odd and also they way I act most people thought that I was a freak (wich actually is not totally false :biggrin ). I fit in because people learned to know me and they respected me for who I am not because I am what the world want me to be neither for what I wear.

I dress for myself/God not for socitey. I dont even like half the styles! :Fade-color :B-fly:

I dress modestly, and I don't buy what's in. People bug me about the way I look, but who cares. I don't need to look like them to make myself feel good.

very true! I do not believe any person should dress to make society happy! :Fade-color :B-fly:

in order to understand what is going on with todays generation you have to look at the reason. why are teens so rebellious? why does rebelion now have a clinical disease? and why does this generation where unmodest clothing. the reason is the previous generation, no offense. look on the non-believer parents. more then half the parents both are prosueing their career or are engrossed with each other. how much time does this leave for the kids? none. when push comes to shove, kids are looking for attention. that is why teens are rebellious. by rebelling they gain the attention they crave. by wearing not so modest clothing they get attention, mostly from the other sex. this all corilates to humans need for attention. look at a baby. they pretty much express themselve in a very down to earth way. when they want or need something, they cry. there is no tactics or whispers in the dark. if they do not need anything, they want something, usually attention.

the solution to the need...God. He will give you all teh attention you need. trust me.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back