Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

What if I don't want to be the spiritual leader in my home?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
What I heard wasn't the specific objection, "I'll abandon my faith before I read the bible outloud," but instead (if I may paraphrase) it sounded to me more like, "I don't believe that we follow a forceful god who makes demands and condemns those who do no comply." The argument could be continued, "If I am being forced to become something that I'm not, I'd rather examine YOUR definition of faith than comply with what men say I MUST do."

That is pretty much what I was saying.

I do not believe that God will force you into something that you're not. He will not condemn you because you choose not to be something that you clearly have no business being.

I clearly have no business being anyone's spiritual leader. I am responsible for my own relationship with God, not someone else's.

PS: Being a spiritual leader doesn't mean one has to always say grace or read the Bible. That kind of stuff can be delegated out (it's x's turn to pray, now y, now z...), it's about making sure that God is honored with prayer or that Bible study time (for example) and among many other things.

I have no one to delegate it to. It is only my wife and I. She wants me to do it all for her. Someone told her I should be doing it all for her as her spiritual leader. So that is what she believes.

As I mentioned above, I don't want that type of responsibility. She is responsible for her own relationship with God, and I want nothing to do with it. Just as I am responsible for my own relationship with God, and don't need anyone else to be responsible.

As for this being a distraction, it's not. I simply do not want that responsibility, nor will I accept that responsibility.

Last edited by a moderator:
Spiritual leader is not something you become it is something you are. What ever road you take is the one of spiritual leader. You are flesh and blood you are the spiritual leader.

It is more like what kind of leader do you wish to be?

Spiritual leader is not something you become it is something you are. What ever road you take is the one of spiritual leader. You are flesh and blood you are the spiritual leader.

It is more like what kind of leader do you wish to be?

I don't want to be any kind of leader because I am not a leader, I am a follower and nothing more.

Hrive

Do you tell your wife what to do ever or do you let her boss you around?

(I'm not being rude I'm trying to get somewhere.)

Hrive

Do you tell your wife what to do ever or do you let her boss you around?

(I'm not being rude I'm trying to get somewhere.)

Things are discussed together. Neither of us bosses the other around.

I have already made my decision and it's not to be the leader.

So I am going to make a request of the moderator and that's to close this thread. Thank you!

Well all I was gonna say is that the wife is the manger of the house and the husband is the boss of the wife.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back