Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• Wearing the right shoes, and properly clothed spiritually?

Join Elected By Him for a devotional on Ephesians 6:14-15

https://christianforums.net/threads/devotional-selecting-the-proper-shoes.109094/

What is in your car trunk ?

hawkman

Pentecostal
Staff member
What supplies to do you keep in the trunk (boot in the UK) of your transportation for your on the road needs ?
Spare tire and a jack of course !
My list .
1 . Jumper Cables
2 . 12 Volt Air Compressor
3. Roll of paper towels and TP .
4. Gloves
5. Some hand tools .
6 . Road map ( what do you expect I am a boomer )
7 . Quart of motor Oil
8 . Duct Tape , electric tape
9 .Umbrella
10 Flashlight , check your batteries every month .

This is the best Air Compressor I have found for the car , I have 2 of them .

AstroAI Tire Inflator Portable Air Compressor Tire Air Pump

I have trucks,my Nissan has a tool box

Full size spare
Plugs to repair a tire
Jack and lug wrench
Jumper cables
Basic tools for Minor repairs

Old printed maps aren't bad but they can be out of date .

What supplies to do you keep in the trunk (boot in the UK) of your transportation for your on the road needs ?
Spare tire and a jack of course !
My list .
1 . Jumper Cables
2 . 12 Volt Air Compressor
3. Roll of paper towels and TP .
4. Gloves
5. Some hand tools .
6 . Road map ( what do you expect I am a boomer )
7 . Quart of motor Oil
8 . Duct Tape , electric tape
9 .Umbrella
10 Flashlight , check your batteries every month .

This is the best Air Compressor I have found for the car , I have 2 of them .

AstroAI Tire Inflator Portable Air Compressor Tire Air Pump
I don't have a trunk, I drive a pickup, but I do keep a set of jumper cables, tow strap, couple wool blankets, insulated gloves, and a stocking cap in case I break down during the winter.

couple wool blankets, insulated gloves, and a stocking cap in case I break down during the winter.
Yeah , you need to be ready for the weather conditions and climate you face if stranded .
Hopeful 2 , you keep some water for emergencies in your van ? Arizona is dry I hear :no1here .

Yeah , you need to be ready for the weather conditions and climate you face if stranded .
Hopeful 2 , you keep some water for emergencies in your van ? Arizona is dry I hear :no1here .
Actually, I don't.
But I also don't go out of range of a short walk to B-King or Mickey D's.
In my younger days, when I was out surveying the desert, I would always have lots of water with me.
The key is planning ahead.
I always needed something to drink, when the beer ran out. :hysterical

I think I will start to carry a couple of water bottles though...thanks !

Actually, I don't.
But I also don't go out of range of a short walk to B-King or Mickey D's.
In my younger days, when I was out surveying the desert, I would always have lots of water with me.
The key is planning ahead.
I always needed something to drink, when the beer ran out. :hysterical

I think I will start to carry a couple of water bottles though...thanks !
You never know when you may be the one rescuing someone else stranded .
My wife and I were on the interstate going toward Nashville and I saw an older gentleman standing behind a pickup truck stopped on the side of the interstate and looked like he was in trouble . So we stopped to help .
There was enough room to get out of the lane and be out of the traffic's way by a few feet . The man with the truck had a flat tire and found out his spare was almost flat too . I had my 12 volt Air compressor and was able to air up his spare so he could be on his way .
He was still quit a few miles from his destination and I advised him to get off the interstate and find new tires , all of his were dry rotted but he had thought they would hold up to make his long trip in the summer time anyway . Oh , was he wrong .

Hi guys,

My trunk holds a battery for the starter and I honestly don't know if I have a spare. The tires are run flats and I've always been able to get help without having to sit on the side of the road jacking up the car. But I've blown 3 of them. I think the sidewalls are too stiff to take much bumping. The last one I was coming from Texas across I-10 in Louisiana and hit a pot hole. I, of course was driving too close and too fast to jerk the steering wheel when I saw it appear out from under the car ahead of me. I try not to jerk the wheel and figured the tire would take the hit but we'd feel a good jolt. Well no, that's not what happened. Thunk! Blap, blap, blap, blap, blap..blap......blap as I pulled off to the side. However, I must give God all the credit for how it was resolved. Praise Him always!!!

Other than that I have a pair of jumper cables and some empty bags for grocery shopping at Aldi's. Probably have a tool or two rolling around in there. I need to clean it up and run the vac.

Back