Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Depending upon the Holy Spirit for all you do?

Read through the following study by Tenchi for more on this topic

https://christianforums.net/threads/without-the-holy-spirit-we-can-do-nothing.109419/

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

https://christianforums.net/forums/questions-and-answers/

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Bible Study What is Jesus will?

Romans 10:9 KJV That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.​

Putting Him first or receiving Him as Lord?
Putting Jesus first means doing what he wants, doing his will.
Having Jesus as ones Lord means obeying his commandments.

Please explain the difference betwenn doing his will and obeying his commandments?

Not sure if there is scripture showing to obey Him as Lord.

But why do you call Me ‘Lord, Lord,’ and not do the things which I say? Luke 6:46

And having been perfected, He became the author of eternal salvation to all who obey Him. Hebrews 5:9

JLB

Seems like neither scripture shows to obey Him as Lord.
>>>
"But why do you call Me ‘Lord, Lord,’ and not do the things which I say? Luke 6:46"
Me: Seems like Jesus is referring to ones who may not believed in Him as Lord and of course do not obey Him. But ones who believe and confess Him as Lord are obeying by definition. I suspect some believe they need to do more than believing/confessing as Lord and the more part is acting on His Lordship directing. Obeying Him is already in place when one confessing Him as Lord.

So far I cannot find any scripture saying to obey Him.
>>>And having been perfected, He became the author of eternal salvation to all who obey Him. Hebrews 5:9
Me:
...Obey in Strongs Greek definition is "Orig: from 5259 and 191; to hear under (as a subordinate), i.e. to listen attentively; by implication, to heed or conform to a command or authority:--hearken, be obedient to, obey. G5259
  1. 2a) to obey, be obedient to, submit to...
IOW to receive Him as Lord, then all of His will is accomplished in our life, no need to seek to obey Him because one is already obeying Him. Seeking to obey Him means we do not believe we are obeying Him and is doubt.

Please share scripture. Thanks
Sure.
It is written..."And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord:
And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment." (Mark 12:29-30)
The first commandment is Jesus' will.

Simply put, the will of Jesus is that all will be saved through Him who will believe in Him and confess Jesus as Lord and Savior.

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
John 3:17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
John 3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

Rom 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
Rom 10:10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
Rom 10:11 For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.

Mark 12 KJV 28 And one of the scribes came, and having heard them reasoning together, and perceiving that he had answered them well, asked him, Which is the first commandment of all?

29 And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord:

30 And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment.

Seems like receiving Him as Lord is His first want and loving Him is His resulting want?
Simply put, the will of Jesus is that all will be saved through Him who will believe in Him and confess Jesus as Lord and Savior.

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
John 3:17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
John 3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

Rom 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
Rom 10:10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
Rom 10:11 For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.
Amen.

IOW to receive Him as Lord, then all of His will is accomplished in our life, no need to seek to obey Him because one is already obeying Him. Seeking to obey Him means we do not believe we are obeying Him and is doubt.

What then do you make of Luke 12: 42-48:

42 And the Lord said, “Who then is that faithful and wise steward, whom his lord will make ruler over his household, to give them their portion of food in due season? 43 Blessed is that servant whom his lord will find so doing when he comes. 44 Truly, I say to you that he will make him ruler over all that he has. 45 But if that servant says in his heart, ‘My lord is delaying his coming,’ and begins to beat the male and female servants, and to eat and drink and be drunk, 46 the lord of that servant will come on a day when he is not looking for him, and at an hour when he is not aware, and will cut him in two and appoint him his portion with the unbelievers. 47 And that servant who knew his lord’s will, and did not prepare himself or do according to his will, shall be beaten with many stripes. 48 But he who did not know, yet committed things deserving of stripes, shall be beaten with few. For everyone to whom much is given, from him much will be required; and to whom much has been committed, of him they will ask the more.

What then do you make of Luke 12: 42-48:

42 And the Lord said, “Who then is that faithful and wise steward, whom his lord will make ruler over his household, to give them their portion of food in due season? 43 Blessed is that servant whom his lord will find so doing when he comes. 44 Truly, I say to you that he will make him ruler over all that he has. 45 But if that servant says in his heart, ‘My lord is delaying his coming,’ and begins to beat the male and female servants, and to eat and drink and be drunk, 46 the lord of that servant will come on a day when he is not looking for him, and at an hour when he is not aware, and will cut him in two and appoint him his portion with the unbelievers. 47 And that servant who knew his lord’s will, and did not prepare himself or do according to his will, shall be beaten with many stripes. 48 But he who did not know, yet committed things deserving of stripes, shall be beaten with few. For everyone to whom much is given, from him much will be required; and to whom much has been committed, of him they will ask the more.
What do you make of it?

Mark 12 KJV 28 And one of the scribes came, and having heard them reasoning together, and perceiving that he had answered them well, asked him, Which is the first commandment of all?

29 And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord:

30 And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment.

Seems like receiving Him as Lord is His first want and loving Him is His resulting want?

Amen.
Receiving Jesus is loving Him, putting your trust in Him for He first loved us enough to lay His life down for us. Now He sits at the right hand of God making intercession for us.

I believe God for what He says.
Jesus always submits to His Father's Will. They would be the same.

For my Father’s will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day.

“Do not let your hearts be troubled. You believe in God; believe also in me.

Jesus's desire is that you believe in Him that one may live and never die.

I believe God for what He says.

So do I, Ken. But you've refused to answer me now twice. If you believe God for what He says, then what is He saying in Luke 12:42-28:

Back