Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

What Is So Difficult About Repentance?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
E

elijah23

Jesus told us to repent:

From that time Jesus began to preach, saying, "Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand." Matt 4:17 RSV

Jesus said we need to make ourselves perfect:

You, therefore, must be perfect, as your heavenly Father is perfect. Matt 5:48 RSV

So I repented of all the sin I was aware I was committing, and my life because a paradise. So I encourage others to do the same, but when I do, some get angry.

So what is so difficult about repenting of our sin?

Jesus told us to repent:

From that time Jesus began to preach, saying, "Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand." Matt 4:17 RSV

You, therefore, must be perfect, as your heavenly Father is perfect. Matt 5:48 RSV

So I repented of all the sin I was aware I was committing, and my life because a paradise. So I encourage others to do the same, but when I do, some get angry.

The Greek word found in Matthew 5:48 translated "perfect" means "finished, complete, having reached its end," and implies being fully grown or mature.

In addition, we cannot be perfect apart from others. The Bible links perfection with human relationships. Christ urges us to be as perfect as our Father in heaven and ties the process to how we treat each other.

Mat 5:48 has nothing to do with becoming SINLESS AND "PERFECT" like Jesus was.

And nobody is getting angry. But what you are teaching and suggesting is not biblical and your definition for "repentance" is in err. If your definition is correct, then you have not repented because you have not perfectly ceased all your sins, nobody has.

Repentance is a STATE OF MIND, an ATTITUDE, not a behaviour! LIke Paul in Romans 7:15 had repented, but notice he was still sinning terribly, but his attitude towards sin was different, he had REPENTED!

And then you asked, "So what is so difficult about repenting of our sin?" Well you tell me..why cannot you perfectly repent of all your sins and stop sinning? Do you have an answer or do you want me to give you the Bible answer?

Last edited by a moderator:
The Greek word found in Matthew 5:48 translated "perfect" means "finished, complete, having reached its end," and implies being fully grown or mature.

In addition, we cannot be perfect apart from others. The Bible links perfection with human relationships. Christ urges us to be as perfect as our Father in heaven and ties the process to how we treat each other.

Mat 5:48 has nothing to do with becoming SINLESS AND "PERFECT" like Jesus was.

And nobody is getting angry. But what you are teaching and suggesting is not biblical and your definition for "repentance" is in err. If your definition is correct, then you have not repented because you have not perfectly ceased all your sins, nobody has.

Repentance is a STATE OF MIND, an ATTITUDE, not a behaviour! LIke Paul in Romans 7:15 had repented, but notice he was still sinning terribly, but his attitude towards sin was different, he had REPENTED!

And then you asked, "So what is so difficult about repenting of our sin?" Well you tell me..why cannot you perfectly repent of all your sins and stop sinning? Do you have an answer or do you want me to give you the Bible answer?

In this context, "repent" means "stop sinning." When you stop sinning, life becomes paradise:

Repent! Your life will be transformed into paradise.

In this context, "repent" means "stop sinning." When you stop sinning, life becomes paradise:

Repent! Your life will be transformed into paradise.

So according to you, sinners are lost and have never repented and will be rejected by God. But that is a false teaching from a false teacher!

We follow Bible not you.

So according to you, sinners are lost and have never repented and will be rejected by God. But that is a false teaching from a false teacher!

We follow Bible not you.

The Lord leads us all to repentance, I suspect. Until we repent, we do suffer.

You follow the Bible. I follow Jesus.

I did not call myself a teacher.

The Lord leads us all to repentance, I suspect. Until we repent, we do suffer.

You follow the Bible. I follow Jesus.

I did not call myself a teacher.

The Bible is God's Word and Jesus is the Word. If you don't follow Bible then you are not a Christian or follower of Jesus.

Jesus told us to repent:

It nothing hard.

My Lord is Jesus Christ. I follow him and only him.

How did you learn about Jesus and what he believes in and teaches? Through Bible correct? So you follow Bible, so why do you claim you only follow Jesus and not Bible?

What did Christians follow Before the Bible was written?

What does someone follow if they cannot read?

I believe there will be people in heaven who lived in the darkest part of the Amazon who lived a life without ever seeing a Bible or hearing about Jesus. I also believe there will be some Muslims in heaven..those who sincerely loved truth but were forbidden to hear about Jesus, to read Bible or talk about Jesus.

Romans 1:20 For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse.

The only people who will be lost, are those people that this following verse applies to:

2 Thessalonians 2:10 and in every sort of evil that deceives those who are perishing. They perish because they refused to love the truth and so be saved.

How did you learn about Jesus and what he believes in and teaches? Through Bible correct? So you follow Bible, so why do you claim you only follow Jesus and not Bible?

I believe the words spoken by Jesus Christ. They are found in the books of Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John. I do not follow the Bible. I follow Jesus.

I believe the words spoken by Jesus Christ. They are found in the books of Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John. I do not follow the Bible. I follow Jesus.

So now you have told me that you are sinless and perfect Law keeper and also that you DO NOT FOLLOW BIBLE!

Ok, that's all I needed to know about you.

1 John 1:8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

Matthew 7:20 Thus, by their fruit you will recognize them.

So now you have told me that you are sinless and perfect Law keeper and also that you DO NOT FOLLOW BIBLE!

I follow Jesus Christ.

1 John 1:8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

And I always will follow Jesus Christ.

Jesus Christ is a living being (God in the flesh) who speaks to us. Listen to him.

If you repent of your sin, as Jesus commanded, your problems will vanish.

If you repent of your sin, as Jesus commanded, your problems will vanish.

I have been a Christian for 12 years and I sincerely love the Law, 10 Commandments and obedience and I hate and detest sinning, and I wish I could be perfectly obedient, yet unlike you, I have never been able to perfectly and completely stop sinning, and I admit that I am still a sinner who needs Jesus' grace and mercy.

I have been a Christian for 12 years and I sincerely love the Law, 10 Commandments and obedience and I hate and detest sinning, and I wish I could be perfectly obedient, yet unlike you, I have never been able to perfectly and completely stop sinning, and I admit that I am still a sinner who needs Jesus' grace and mercy.

You will stop sinning completely one day.

Jesus (God in flesh) is our Savior. He died on the cross to save us from all the sins we have committed.

Jesus is our Lord. He shows us the way.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back