Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

What is the Holy Ghost's name?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
G

Georges

God has a personal name....The Son has a personal name.....does the HG have a personal name?

If he is the third person in a trinity, he should have a personal name....shouldn't he?

That is a tougie!! I don't even know what Jesus went by before he was born to Mary. Jesus is "The Word Of God" (Gospel of John Chapter 1). I never even heard this question before.

Georges said:
God has a personal name....The Son has a personal name.....does the HG have a personal name?

If he is the third person in a trinity, he should have a personal name....shouldn't he?

Good Day, Georges

You assume that is a requirement. I do not see such a need.

Peace to u,

Bill

bbas 64 said:
Georges said:

Good Day, Georges

You assume that is a requirement. I do not see such a need.

Peace to u,

Bill

BINGO!

Blessings,
Ryan Collins

To me, our God the Father is Spirit. So I do not find any distinction between Holy Spirit and the Father. The name of the Father is the name of the Holy Spirit/Ghost. They are one and the same. Jesus is the Son of God. Where as I do see a distinction in Holy Spirit/Ghost and holy spirit. Holy Spirit the Father and holy spirit the gift given to the believers.

Scripture says this holy spirit was given to Jesus without bound.
John 3:34 For He[Jesus] is sent by God. He speaks God's words, for God's Spirit is upon Him without measure or limit.

If you are a trinitarian....you must believe in three distinct personalities....each should be identifiable by name.....2 of the 3 are.

I'm sure God doesn't say...."Hey you, go down there and give George the gift of tongues".....

Point being...IMO....the Holy Spirit is not a person, and therefore doesn't need a name. Instead the Holy Spirit is part of the make up of God....as seen in Isa 11:2.

A good example of this is....

Each person has "a spirit", or "spirit" . Is this spirit another person? No.
Is the spirit the make up and drive of a person? Yes.

The spirit that each person has is the same as what God has....except God's Spirit is Holy (set apart) and infinitely higher than ours....He, God, has the power to impose his (Holy Spirit) upon ours giving us the ablility to act supernaturally....or differently than we normally would...

The same can be said with the Son.....

Is my Son, me? No.... Is he separate from me? Yes. Are we one in thought and purpose? Yes....Is my Son my equal?....No...He will always be respectfully subserviant to me...

Just some things to mull over.....

George,

I think I understand your view point and your logic. Let me ask you these questions and perhaps you could answer me.

First, your avatar is a symbol of seperation, to consume... destroy. Do you believe that the OT and NT are one, or are they seperate? (This will better help me understand your thelology)

Now, I would like to ask you this question. Is Jesus less than God? In other words, does he have a beginning or has he always been?

Much thanks.

The Holy Ghost's name is Jehovah, just as God the Father and God the Son.

StoveBolts said:
George,

I think I understand your view point and your logic. Let me ask you these questions and perhaps you could answer me.

First, your avatar is a symbol of seperation, to consume... destroy.

I looked up the word avatar and don't see the connection of your statement. My avatar?
One entry found for avatar.

Main Entry: av·a·tar
Pronunciation: 'a-v&-"tär
Function: noun
Etymology: Sanskrit avatAra descent, from avatarati he descends, from ava- away + tarati he crosses over -- more at UKASE, THROUGH
1 : the incarnation of a Hindu deity (as Vishnu)
2 a : an incarnation in human form b : an embodiment (as of a concept or philosophy) often in a person
3 : a variant phase or version of a continuing basic entity

Do you believe that the OT and NT are one, or are they seperate? (This will better help me understand your thelology)

Yes...they are separate....OT Law, Prophets,Writings.....NT Gospels, Pauls Opinions, and Revelation.

Now, I would like to ask you this question. Is Jesus less than God?

Jesus is the Son of God, always subseviant to the Father and never considered himself equal...However, Jesus did refer himself as being sent. That is consistant with the Jewish Law of Agency that dictates that the "Agent" as representive of the "Sender" is given the authority to act on behalf of the "Sender" as though the "Sender" himself was there.

Therefore, the Son who is subserviant to the Father could be considered an "equal, or the same" by the law of Agency, without being equal in official status...Being the Agent, the Son would have the same Goals and Principles and have the Authority to Act on the Father's behalf without being the Father.

In other words, does he have a beginning or has he always been?

No...obviously not....Messiah was the first thing God created before the Gen 1:2.....According to Jewish tradition, there were 7 things created before the world...one of these things was the Messiah....

Also in Jewish tradition is the Memra (the word), which was God's creative word...God spoke and the Memra created....

Much thanks.

Stove....I was a former trinitarian....a staunch (every sunday attending) Lutheran for 40 years....I'm not a trinitarian anymore....

Solo said:

God is Jehovah.
Jesus' name is Jehovah?
Spirit's name is Jehovah?

Interesting conversation they must have between themselves...when asked a question do all three respond?

I once coached a soccer team that had 5 Mike's on it.....when I hollered out "Mike"...they all would ask "Which One?". To which I would always respond...."The one I'm looking at".....

Is it that type of situation?.....

Solo....do you really think they have the same name?

Here is a take on it:

We are made in God's image. Each person has a body, a mind and a spirit. So would not God have these things too?
The Mind is The Father
The Body is Jesus, The Son, The Word of God
The Holy Spirit is His Spirit.
People cannot separate their bodies from their minds, but God can!! He is God and He is Almighty!!

That keeps God as One God and may explain the Trinity as well. It is just a thought, though. Just an idea I came up with.
I think that I may have put my foot in my mouth with this post.

ChristineES said:
Here is a take on it:

We are made in God's image. Each person has a body, a mind and a spirit. So would not God have these things too?
The Mind is The Father
The Body is Jesus, The Son, The Word of God
The Holy Spirit is His Spirit.
People cannot separate their bodies from their minds, but God can!! He is God and He is Almighty!!

That keeps God as One God and may explain the Trinity as well. It is just a thought, though. Just an idea I came up with.
I think that I may have put my foot in my mouth with this post.

Christine....your post was just as good as the smartest person's out here. I don't agree with it, but you have stated in your answer what many have stumbled over trying to say...

Do you really think that God can separate his Spirit from his body? I think that God can project his spirit (telekinisis (?))....now that makes sense...

Much like Uri Geller who was able to bend spoons with his mind....I think the Spirit of God can do the same, but on a grander scale.

Georges said:
ChristineES said:
Do you really think that God can separate his Spirit from his body? I think that God can project his spirit (telekinisis (?))....now that makes sense...

Much like Uri Geller who was able to bend spoons with his mind....I think the Spirit of God can do the same, but on a grander scale.

Truthfully, I just don't know. I think all our questions will be answered in the New Kingdom. I don't think we are supposed to understand God (at least not now). That is why God came to Earth as Jesus, so we can understand God's teachings.

ChristineES said:
Georges said:
ChristineES said:

Truthfully, I just don't know. I think all our questions will be answered in the New Kingdom. I don't think we are supposed to understand God (at least not now). That is why God came to Earth as Jesus, so we can understand God's teachings.

Good enough Christine...just throwing some stuff out there for folks to chew on..... :)

StoveBolts said:
George,

I realize now that "avatar" is the symbol under my name....sorry a little slow there...I wasn't familiar with the term....

Now...as to the Avatar.......

Don't you know that it is the letter "Shin", the Jewish equivilent for the letter "S"....and is what the mark of the 144000 will be? To consume or destroy? Where did you come up with that? It is the first letter of God's name and title of El Shaddai......Almighty God, or God Almighty.

The "Shin" is the counterpart to the mark of the Beast, that is three "Vav's" (6-6-6) strung together to look like a "Shin".

What kind of nuttiness is consume or destroy?

StoveBolts said:
George,

I realize now that "avatar" is the symbol under my name....sorry a little slow there...I wasn't familiar with the term....

Now...as to the Avatar.......

Don't you know that it is the letter "Shin", the Jewish equivalent for the letter "S"....and is what the mark of the 144000 will be? To consume or destroy? Where did you come up with that? It is the first letter of God's name and title of El Shaddai......Almighty God, or God Almighty.

The "Shin" is the counterpart to the mark of the Beast, that is three "Vav's" (6-6-6) strung together to look like a "Shin".

What kind of nuttiness is consume or destroy? Where did you get that info from?

Georges said:
Solo said:

God is Jehovah.
Jesus' name is Jehovah?
Spirit's name is Jehovah?

Interesting conversation they must have between themselves...when asked a question do all three respond?

I once coached a soccer team that had 5 Mike's on it.....when I hollered out "Mike"...they all would ask "Which One?". To which I would always respond...."The one I'm looking at".....

Is it that type of situation?.....

Solo....do you really think they have the same name?
I know they have the same name. I was confirmed a Lutheran before I was saved. When I was a Lutheran I did not believe that Jesus was God. Now that I am saved, I know beyond a shadow of doubt that Jesus is God.

To consume or destroy? Where did you come up with that? It is the first letter of God's name and title of El Shaddai......Almighty God, or God Almighty.

Translate Genesis 2:7... Consume.. Destroy... God... it becomes very clear. (Strongs 5301 for a lighter version of the word) Keep in mind, the Hebrews thought in Verbs... We think in Nouns... It's not who God is, it's what God is... And God is neutral... copish?

Back